• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Ibushi
wins. Great match other than the botch. And with that, the semifinals are set:

Gran Metalik vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
TJ Perkins vs. Kota Ibushi

MOTN was Tozawa vs. Metalik.

Lothar

Banned
Headbangers were the worst thing about the Attitude Era that no one liked and no one misses.

I'd rather have the Truth Commission.

Hasney

For the 8th Smackdown team, I am a bit of a mark for them, they were pretty fun. Although, I wouldf prefer
Lo Down

Great moment post match.
Crowd was chanting for Kendrick for like three minutes straight. Then DB came down into the ring and hugged him. People continued to chant for him for another three minutes or so. He seemed very emotional. Very much like the Cedric moment.

Hasney

Great moment post match.
Crowd was chanting for Kendrick for like three minutes straight. Then DB came down into the ring and hugged him. People continued to chant for him for another three minutes or so. He seemed very emotional. Very much like the Cedric moment.

I didn't want to look, but glad I did and hope this makes it in. He's my boy <3

Really thinking back on it, that thing that happened in the last match seemed very much like a botch.
The ref was very hesitant, there was no announcement by the ring announcer, they re-did the spot after they restarted, and Regal didn't even get music, he just came out.
Funny mistake when you think about it though.

kirblar

Really thinking back on it, that thing that happened in the last match seemed very much like a botch.
The ref was very hesitant, there was no announcement by the ring announcer, they re-did the spot after they restarted, and Regal didn't even get music, he just came out.
Funny mistake when you think about it though.
It's exactly the kind of thing that makes NXT a very good thing to have. You have to give the guys and girls time to adjust- you don't want another Sin Cara 1.0.

I really hope that the crowd isn't shitty towards
TJ Perkins
at the finale. They were terrible tonight about that. The epitome of why people hate the Full Sail crowd IMO.

Fox318

What is it about wrestling crowds that it's so hard to get decent ones?

The CWC and NXT doesn't have the shit ignore your fans booking shit that the main roster has so why are they complaining?

I don't even know how they fix it. Having a local audience that gets into the product helps build the fan base around performers but then you end up with some of the cringe shit like them booing the performers going to Brooklyn

What is it about wrestling crowds that it's so hard to get decent ones?

The CWC and NXT doesn't have the shit ignore your fans booking shit that the main roster has so why are they complaining?

I don't even know how they fix it. Having a local audience that gets into the product helps build the fan base around performers but then you end up with some of the cringe shit like them booing the performers going to Brooklyn

I've been to multiple NXT and CWC shows. Most of the audience is really good. They respect the performers, they are willing to get into the acts, and they also will chant some fun stuff from time to time. The main problem is that there's this group of probably 8 to 10 people who I've seen at every show I've gone to. They sit in the same spot every time, right in the middle of the hard cam side. And they start the worst chants and are the most obnoxious. They started the BS chant tonight for example. They really, really seem like the "we want to get ourselves over" type of guys, and I would never say that about fans unless I thought it was absolutely true.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really want the Network to get up all the New Generation raws

I really need my Waylon Mercy, Razor Ramon, and heel Doink fixes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The real wrestler of the year is supposed to get out next month
220px-Gage_Bleeding.jpg

Hasney

I've been to multiple NXT and CWC shows. Most of the audience is really good. They respect the performers, they are willing to get into the acts, and they also will chant some fun stuff from time to time. The main problem is that there's this group of probably 8 to 10 people who I've seen at every show I've gone to. They sit in the same spot every time, right in the middle of the hard cam side. And they start the worst chants and are the most obnoxious. They started the BS chant tonight for example. They really, really seem like the "we want to get ourselves over" type of guys, and I would never say that about fans unless I thought it was absolutely true.

Why though, because he beat Gargano or something? He seems great from what I saw AND his win seemed like part of a storyline.

Top 12 WWE Dream Matches That Happened Only Once. Courtesy of the Slat Rock Channel:

Punk vs Lesnar
Rey Mysterio vs RVD
Austin vs Mr. Perfect
The Rock vs Bret Hart
The Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose
The Rock vs Flair
The Rock vs Jeff Hardy
Bret Hart vs Foley
Bryan vs 3H
HBK vs Goldberg
The Rock vs Eddie Guerrero
Austin vs Tazz
In what world would 'the Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose' ever qualify for a dream match?

Remember how the Headbangers had their faces and profile pics in No Mercy but weren't in the game.

At least get Too Cool. They were at the top of the second page of superstars, above the Hardyz, Edge and Christian, and the Dudleyz. That means they were kayfabe better than all of them.

Why though, because he beat Gargano or something? He seems great from what I saw AND his win seemed like part of a storyline.

Partially that, but mainly because
those ten guys loved Swann and Swann lost,
so they just acted like the shittiest people about it. And in a small building like that, ten people chanting really loud can carry easily. There were three kids chanting for TJP and these motherfuckers booed them down.

Oh wait [CWC spoilers] So it was
TJ vs Swann?" What a bunch of marks, Swann's got a contract and is probably gonna be a center piece of the division if that's what they're going to use him in, him losing means the winner isn't going to be an openly known signed guy, that's a good thing
. What a bunch of marks for themselves.

so i heard noah couldnt even draw 500 people to their world title match

That's what happens when you take Suzuki out of the main event. Tsk.

I didn't know him before this, but he got a fan in me from this tournament. I prefer a loud crowd usually, but fuck Full Sail. They've done rhythmic gymnastics over the shark at this point.

It really sucks because that crowd gets a bad rep because of ten overly-loud and obnoxious man-children.

One positive is that a bunch of the non-idiots in the crowd started a chant for
Perkins
post-match to try and counteract the BS chants. The obnoxious guys tried to boo it down. It didn't last too long, but it was a nice gesture to tell the guy "hey, we're not all assholes."

Sorry for the abundance of posts tonight guys. Just worked up about that.

Fox318

Looking up NOAH on YouTube is sad.

You have their channel which has them performing in middle school sized arenas and the top video is of the 2005 Destiny Card with 60,000 plus in attendance.

Wait, I was just wiki-ing TJ Perkins because I loved his match from this week's CWC and it says he was announced as part of the Cruiserweight Division on this week's Raw. Did that actually happen? I spent Raw in the ER with my wife so I missed a lot of it. Is anyone else confirmed to be signed by WWE?

Wait, I was just wiki-ing TJ Perkins because I loved his match from this week's CWC and it says he was announced as part of Raw's cruiserweight division on this week's Raw. Did that actually happen? I spent Raw in the ER with my wife so I missed a lot of it. Is anyone else confirmed to be signed by WWE?

Yes. They did a vignette spotlighting four guys for the division. Swann, Kendrick, TJ, and Noam Dar.

Yes. They did a vignette spotlighting four guys for the division. Swann, Kendrick, TJ, and Dar.

Oh my God! Kendrick too!? I am so happy! I loved him back in the day and was so sad when he left WWE.

Noam and Swann also impressed me a lot during the CWC. That's a pretty great start.

I hope Neville's the Inaugural Cruiserweight Champion since from what he looks like he'll be the only non-CWC guy to be in that division. The guy and a lot of them could shine a lot there if Raw dedicates a decent chunk of the 3 hours towards it.

I hope Neville's the Inaugural Cruiserweight Champion since from what he looks like he'll be the only non-CWC guy to be in that division. The guy and a lot of them could shine a lot there if Raw dedicates a decent chunk of the 3 hours towards it.
Didn't Meltz say Neville and Sami are being used for the tag-division?

Hasney

I hope they do a tournamnet and neville loses out in a hard fought match in the final. That would put someone new on the map and have a feud with an established star.

So Kendrick and Daniel Bryan both trained under Shawn Michaels, eh? Huh

Which is why I'm glad he's in NXT. My two faves for a deacde! More of them please HBK.

Didn't Meltz say Neville and Sami are being used for the tag-division?
He did? I would have thought Neville just being bounced around in random matches for the past few weeks with no actual segments was just killing time because he'd be guaranteed to be one of the top guys of the Cruiserweight Division.

Hasney

He has a good track record that's for damn sure. Michaels himself had a great mentor. Coincidentally, I just watched that Match where Psycho Sid beat Michaels for the championship after hitting dude with camera.

Lance Cade wasn't horrible either, people sleep on him.

My favourite stories from Bryan and Kendrick though are from them being trained while HBK had that broken back and when they were getting things wrong, decided to go in the ring and show them how it's done.

He got caught by his mom a couple of times and chewed out for trying that with a fucked up back.

Because he got drafted to Raw...

Top Bottom