• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let's talk about you, Dragonzord (love the username btw). Do you think Jason stunk worse as the Red Ranger or the Gold Ranger?

Conversely, was Tommy better as the Green, Red, Black, or White Ranger?

Jason stunk as all rangers. Goldarr was my favorite non-Zord. Zach was my favorite Ranger

Tommy was better as the Green ranger, but most people would be better as the Green Ranger.

Kaladin

T711S.jpg

Laserfrog

Well...well I'm watching some Chikara right now! And I'm really enjoying it, so there. I hope the thread has died down a bit I ran away scared earlier.

Jason stunk as all rangers. Goldarr was my favorite non-Zord. Zach was my favorite Ranger

Tommy was better as the Green ranger, but most people would be better as the Green Ranger.

I like you more already!

We've had discussions on various Fave Fives recently with wrestlers and finishers. But how about a Bottom Five? Worst 5 finisher lists ahoy!

Cobra
Unprettier/Killswitch
STF (Cena Version)
Styles Clash

Non-WWE/TNA takes up 50% of the posts? Wut? I can barely get anyone to talk about anything other than TNA or WWE

Do you know the kind of dedication involved in following Japanese wrestling? It's not like you can just Youtube that stuff and find a nice chronological list of full-length videos with English subtitles.

I'm no expert but to my understanding, there's two main companies that have shows held in school gyms and bill their product as a sport. So you get the bland, boring, non-story or continuity of something like the UFC only it's fake.

They also have a revolving door of performers and...

You know what? Just trying to map out the logistics I'd have to go through to follow this plus, what it essentially is I'd be following, is exhausting enough as it is.

I don't know Dragonzord. I don't know if your some super weeaboo or what but wouldn't you be better served watching WWE Superstars on Youtube or something?

We've had discussions on various Fave Fives recently with wrestlers and finishers. But how about a Bottom Five? Worst 5 finisher lists ahoy!

Cobra
Unprettier/Killswitch
STF (Cena Version)
Styles Clash

Edge's Running Hug 75% of the time (it can be great under the right circumstances though)
Cena Cheek Squeeze and eardrum rupture by screaming submission
Overdrive/Playmaker
The modern 619 that ends with a small splash from the ropes (I miss the west coast pop)
Big Show's "isn't this supposed to be illegal?" punch

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do you know the kind of dedication involved in following Japanese wrestling? It's not like you can just Youtube that stuff and find a nice chronological list of full-length videos with English subtitles.

I'm no expert but to my understanding, there's two main companies that have shows held in school gyms and bill their product as a sport. So you get the bland, boring, non-story or continuity of something like the UFC only it's fake.

They also have a revolving door of performers and...

You know what? Just trying to map out the logistics I'd have to go through to follow this plus, what it essentially is I'd be following, is exhausting enough as it is.

I don't know Dragonzord. I don't know if your some super weeaboo or what but wouldn't you be better served watching WWE Superstars on Youtube or something?

You're

I must be some sort of super weaboo is my favorite wrestler is Kurt Angle though. He's so kawaii

XenoRaven

1. All strike-based finishers ever used in the WWE except kicks and the Clothesline from Hell (so Cobra, WMD, Samoan Spike, Truth Missile or whatever, etc)
2. Playmaker (I'm guessing this is what MVP's finisher was called and to this day I have no idea how it was supposed to hurt)
3. Pump-Handle Slam (Less height and impact than a standard powerslam)
4. The Worm
5. Killswitch (Which is a shame because I like Christian)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I've made it pretty clear I don't know much about wrestling so, indulge me, why does Yoshi suck?

In the WWE? Because he does the 'every WWE guy who's slightly technical and isn't a big man does kicks' shtick
In NJPW? Almost all he did was kicks. Crappy looking kicks, and he would constantly be putting people in rest holds or getting put in them himself. He'd look winded after 10 minutes. When all you do is kicks, and the match is 20 minutes rather than the WWE's 5-10 minute matches he has, it's not that fun to watch.

just because hes in the wwe now no one likes him anymore.
Well, it does seem to be a running trend. Albert's gimmick is dumb. Mistico became terrible upon entering WWE.

I loved Tajiri in WWE though. His HUSTLE stuff was okay, but I think his peak was ECW and WWF

Kaladin

Ric Flair's daughter Ashley, who is signed to WWE developmental posted on her twitter - "Received my ring name..... CHARLOTTE, baby, CHARLOTTE!!!"

She has since changed her twitter handle to @mscharlotteWWE, so it the Flair surname has been dropped from her WWE developmental persona.

I guess Charlotte would be her mother's maiden name or something.

How come Cena's standing fireman's carry isn't on the bottom five?

Because as non-offensive, floaty and safe that the AA is, it can still give the illusion that it CAN hurt someone.

EDIT: And of course they had to get rid of Jason's personality in order to make him interesting, Panda. Thanks for helping my argument!

Watched the joint DDT/Dragon Gate show from 06/05 and enjoyed it for the most part - the highlights were the Dino Rumble, Omega & Ishii vs Shingo & YAMATO, and Ibushi vs Hulk.

The 'Danshoku Dino Rumble' is one of the most ridiculous matches I've ever seen. Apparenltly Dino believes that at least 80% of wrestlers are gay, and in this match will force them to come out of the closet. The first two entrants are the unfortunate Kotoka, and Dino himself, who immediately proceeds to molest Kotoka in the corner. Dino then takes off many layers of his many-layered underwear and places them on the ring posts. As the other wrestlers (Gorgeous Matsuno, Rich Swann, Antonio Honda, Ryo Saito & Don Fuji) enter the match they are inevitably subjected to Dino's unwanted attentions, and if kissed by him must put on a pair of Dino's underwear and become 'Danshoku' themselves. Eventually only Kotoka (who is sobbing in the corner after being thoroughly molested throughout the match) and Don Fuji are left un-Danshoku. Dino, however, finally gets his way, kisses Fuji and goes to hit the Danshoku Driver, only for Fuji to roll him up for the 3-count to win the match. Kotoka tearfully hugs his saviour Don Fuji, before shouting down the other wrestlers who joined in with Dino molesting him, but while his back is turned Don Fuji lowers his trousers to reveal that he too is Danshoku! Poor, poor Kotoka.

i9NqKgB1RtRSZ.png

Next up was Kenny Omega & Keisuke Ishii vs Shingo & YAMATO in a nice tag match. There's a great exchange between Omega & YAMATO at the start, and while Ishii is often the odd man out, he gets in a nice stretch of offence against YAMATO culminating in a pump handle lift into a GTS-like kick. Omega & Ishii shoot YAMATO off the ropes and go for a clothesline, but he swerves and spears Ishii before making the tag. Shingo comes in and just chops the crap out of Omega. Ishii tries to cut him off, but gets forearmed across the ring for his troubles. Omega rushes Shingo, but gets elevated into a HUGE death valley driver. Kenny unwisely tries to trade strikes with Shingo, but hits the Stop Sign Enziguri only for Shingo to lariat him out of his boots. Omega & Shingo make the tags and YAMATO scores with a huge dropkick on Ishii, followed by an exploder, but Ishii rallies and hits a pele kick to YAMATO's back before scoring with a big bridging German suplex for a near-fall. YAMATO looks out of it, but is only playing dead as he rolls out of the way of Omega's running SSP. YAMATO turns his attention to Ishii on the top, but gets cut off by Omega, and the DDT team hit an electric chair kick combo, but Shingo makes the save. Omega tries for Croyt's Wrath, but is rolled up for a 2-count, he hits the ropes gets kicked in the face by YAMATO, responds in kind with a high knee, although before he can capitalise Shingo hits him with another massive lariat. YAMATO goes for the Galleria on Ishii, but Ishii counters with an enziguri. YAMATO hits a brainbuster for two, followed by the Galleria for 3. Fun stuff.

Finally, Kota Ibushi vs BxB Hulk with Larry Dallas. They start out with some nice mat-wrestling where Hulk shows off his speed, before Ibushi hits the rops, Hulk drops to one knee, punches Ibushi in the stomach and falls backwards to punt Ibushi in the side of his head. Ibushi tries to block a kick, but Hulk stalls and kicks him when his guard drops. Hulk's in full heel mode tonight, kicking disrespectfully at Ibushi while he's down. Ibushi responds with a swift kick, ducks Hulk's roundhouse, jumps his sweep, goes for a standing moonsault but lands on his feet as Hulk rolls away, before scoring with a big dropkick that dumps Hulk on the back of his neck. Ibushi goes for an Irish whip, but Hulk cartwheels out and his a sick kick combo. He's really working over Ibushi with kicks, trapping him a half crab not so much as a submission, but so he can get a better vantage to kick at Ibushi's back. Ibushi makes it to the ropes and Hulk charges him in the corner, but Ibushi escapes with a big huricanrana sending Hulk to the outside. Ibushi then gets huge elevation on his springboard asai moonsault to the outside, almost missing Hulk altogether. Ibushi rolls him back in before hitting a big missile dropkick, but Hulk's right back up only for Ibushi to pepper him with a flurry of strikes and his running SSP for a near 2 count.

Ibushi goes up for the phoenix splash, but Hulk swiftly gets up and hits a big axe kick to the back of Ibushi's head, followed by a running sideslam for 2. Hulk hits his own flurry of kicks before scoring with a nice standing corkscrew moonsault, however he takes too long going up to the top, allowing Ibushi to hit the handspring pele kick. Both guys fight on the top, and Hulk seems to have the advantage when he knocks Ibushi to the apron, but Ibushi springboards in and hits a big huricanrana. There's a real nice tit-for-tat feel to this match, with both guys not willing to give up an inch to the other. They exchange strikes, followed by simultaneous high kicks to the head which leads into a fantastic spot as Ibushi matrix escapes a kick and hits a release German, which Hulk hulk's out of and hits a pele kick before Ibushi hits one of his own. Ibushi gains the upper hand and goes for his elevated sit-down powerbomb, but Hulk counters into a sunset flip bomb for 2. He throws Ibushi into the ropes, but Ibushi hits a big lariat followed by the elevated powerbomb for 2. Ibushi goes for his own sunset flip bomb, but Hulk flips out and just kicks Ibushi's face off for the win! Wow. That was an awesome match and, other than a few whiffed strikes, both guys complimented each other well.

I think BxB Hulk may soon make a return to my Fave Five, as I forgot how much fun he is to watch. So awesome.

Another worst 5

pedigree
jumping knee
face buster knee smash
sledgehammer
water spit

EDIT: That sounds like the most ridiculous shit ever Bootaaay. Fun, too. :lol

Sometimes I feel like....Bootaaay is on repeat?

What just happened there?

Edit: Ah, okay, only the first part is old. I thought deathmatches done took their toll on old Boots' brain.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope we don't have an offshoot thread. I mean, seriously.

WWE is the biggest product so it gets the most posts. That's just how it is. That being said:

I'd be super sad if I didn't get to enjoy one of Bootaaay's video dumps with his notes. These are fun to me.

I'd hate to miss a lot of peoples' posts.

We all love wrestling, and we take the good with the bad.

Can we all just stick together, please?

Sokantish

I had previously watched the Dino rumble, but only now finished up the second half of the show ;)

Oh okay I stopped when I was like "Hey wait, I've read this before"

I guess I'll go back and read again!

WWE is the biggest product so it gets the most posts. That's just how it is. That being said:

I'd be super sad if I didn't get to enjoy one of Bootaaay's video dumps with his notes. These are fun to me.

I think most of the separate thread stuff was just people joking around. At least I hope so

XenoRaven

In the WWE? Because he does the 'every WWE guy who's slightly technical and isn't a big man does kicks' shtick
In NJPW? Almost all he did was kicks. Crappy looking kicks, and he would constantly be putting people in rest holds or getting put in them himself. He'd look winded after 10 minutes. When all you do is kicks, and the match is 20 minutes rather than the WWE's 5-10 minute matches he has, it's not that fun to watch.

Well, it does seem to be a running trend. Albert's gimmick is dumb. Mistico became terrible upon entering WWE.

I loved Tajiri in WWE though. His HUSTLE stuff was okay, but I think his peak was ECW and WWF
I was a big fan of Tajiri when I started watching ECW, but didn't really like his WWE run. In ECW he was the Japanese Buzzsaw. He was a guy that I would have felt scared getting into the ring with. In WWE he was a wacky joke character that was never taken seriously. We did get this though, so it wasn't all bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt1BiMT7qso

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since G-Fex left, here is a Hogan match that I remembered enjoying as a kid

Hulk Hogan vs. The Undertaker

NOTE: I have not watched this since I was a kid. I'm rewatching it now.

LISTEN TO DAT HOGAN POP THOUGH. Even though Taker was a heel, he was practically booked as an underdog, but the match makes him look great. Hogan tends to let Taker have a lot of offense in their matches. I wonder what their relationship is like.

Even if someone were to pull a Matthew Gallant™ and make an offshoot thread, it wouldn't last a month. The thread would get closed or left for dead, everyone would come back into the main thread, then everyone would complain until something else worthy of hating happens in the wrestling world.

It's the circle of life.

Top Bottom