• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Sokantish

Well, yeah, but I could have just ignored it. Instead, I went the extra mile and took potshots at it. I stooped that low. And that may have contributed to someone ditching the thread for a bit. I mean, I'm sure I've said stuff that has done stuff like that before, but I don't like it all the same.

It's G-Fex. He's a little bit of a drama queen. He does this from time to time

XenoRaven

I never know what to make of this thread. Sometimes I feel like people are playing characters because of how outrageous they are, other times it seems like they're actually serious. I don't even know anymore. All I can say is I think some people take this thread too seriously.

Sokantish

I never know what to make of this thread. Sometimes I feel like people are playing characters because of how outrageous they are, other times it seems like they're actually serious. I don't even know anymore. All I can say is I think some people take this thread too seriously.

It is really hard to tell sometimes. I often found myself wondering about SoulPlaya(Back when he constantly posted very strange Kane pictures) and G-Fex.

KAYFABE LIVES

This is exactly the kind of behavior that makes people upset. HOW DARE YOU

I know, there's a ppv on tonight and that Wrestling Hipster® has to go against the grain.

We're a community here. We watch the same thing at the same time and talk about it (well I can't be ARRRRSED to do this last part anymore and to tell you the truth, I'm finding it hard to even watch the show. What the hell am I even doing here?).

Outsiders will continue to be ostracized until they conform.

If WCW was still around, we wouldn't even be mad at each other. We'd all be watching and enjoying what would probably be the greatest night in the history of our sport.

This thread is fine, i'm not sure what people are getting bent out of shape about.
You can have fun and be super serious like the great John Cena.

Kaladin

This thread scares me sometimes when wrestling isn't on.

It's frightening to think what it would be like if the WWE Network ever actually happens.

Aiii

So not worth it
As soon as she stops being a GM i'll be okay with her again.

Don't worry, she's only 25 and has only debuted a year ago. This GM thing won't last more then half a year and then she'll be back at wrestling.

I hope, if only to get her out of the suits and back in as little clothing as possible.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, with this new stipulation is anyone else afraid Roode is winning tonight? I don't want Aries' first run to be only one month long :(

It's G-Fex. He's a little bit of a drama queen. He does this from time to time

This is true, I've noticed that too. He has his little avvy phases too, which is a bit disorienting.

I dunno, I guess all that community-oriented talk Sunflower was going on about a few days ago had a delayed effect on me. I'd like the whole buddy-buddy atmosphere too, but it really seems like it comes and goes with the quality of the product.

Speaking of which...

It's frightening to think what it would be like if the WWE Network ever actually happens.

Pandemonium, blood in the streets, bright lights and the big city, but the memory remains, so it's alright.

Kaladin

Don't worry, she's only 25 and has only debuted a year ago. This GM thing won't last more then half a year and then she'll be back at wrestling.

I hope, if only to get her out of the suits and back in as little clothing as possible.

I have to remind you that out of all the previous Monday Night Raw General Managers, only Vicky Guerrero and Triple H are still on television.

If WCW was still around, we wouldn't even be mad at each other. We'd all be watching and enjoying what would probably be the greatest night in the history of our sport.
I can't even imagine what this thread would be like if it existed in 97/98. I'm imagining a microcosm of the gaming forum.

This thread is fine, i'm not sure what people are getting bent out of shape about.
You can have fun and be super serious like the great John Cena.
I'm trying to make this thread cool again.

Don't be afraid.

Aiii, everyone is supposed to hate AJ now. Change yourself.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
how have i never seen this commercial before
sting28sg9.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't worry Aiii, I don't hate AJ.

Yay!

I have to remind you that out of all the previous Monday Night Raw General Managers, only Vicky Guerrero and Triple H are still on television.

And Teddy, lets not forget about Teddy. -edit, oh Raw, yeah. Hornswoggle too lol.

But really, AJ has nothing to worry about there. And even if she were fired, she'd be in TNA kicking ass as soon as her no-compete time was up. :)

And you are the worst Soulplaya ever Bean. He would have understood one does not forsake their fandom. :( he understood me!

Kaladin

And Teddy, lets not forget about Teddy.

But really, AJ has nothing to worry about there. And even if she were fired, she'd be in TNA kicking ass as soon as her no-compete time was up. :)

He was a Smackdown GM, they tend to have better luck at sticking around.

Yay!

And Teddy, lets not forget about Teddy. -edit, oh Raw, yeah. Hornswoggle too lol.

And you are the worst Soulplaya ever Bean. He would have understood one does not forsake their fandom. :( he understood me!

SoulPlaya would encourage you to embrace the hate. Besides, this is my own interpretation of the SoulPlaya character. It's not canon.

Aiii

So not worth it
No worries though, I'm with you guys on how she's misused as GM. Because fuck the whole GM angle, worst idea ever. In WWE or TNA for that matter.

Sokantish

It really just felt so rushed. I guess they were trying to capitalize on her popularity but it didn't really make much sense since she was playing a crazy lady at the time. Not like they could take advantage of her popularity by having her in diva matches because they can only have those last two minutes and end with a roll up.

No worries though, I'm with you guys on how she's misused as GM. Because fuck the whole GM angle, worst idea ever. In WWE or TNA for that matter.

Do you agree with us that she isn't the most attractive WWE Diva on the roster?

(Wait, Maxine isn't in WWE anymore.)

Hmmm, who's the hottest diva in WWE now?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm disappointed to learn Sofia Cortez/Ivelisse Velez was released from WWE. I wonder what happened though, as she was doing well and apparently quite liked by everyone, but this came out of nowhere.

When I was just a lurker and when I joined, I've never taken this thread seriously. It's far more enjoyable and hopeful to take the idea that people are actually enjoying things more than they portray.

Hornswoggle. Sigh.

INot like they could take advantage of her popularity by having her in diva matches because they can only have those last two minutes and end with a roll up.

That is why I fear for Sara del Rey coming to wwe. They are stacked in terms of women that can wrestle. Rather that have a competitive division they trot out Kelly Kelly to shit on pro wrestling.

Watch one shimmer ppv to see awesome women's wrestling. Also anarchy championship for some Rachel summerlyn

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That is why I fear for Sara del Rey coming to wwe. They are stacked in terms of women that can wrestle. Rather that have a competitive division they trot out Kelly Kelly to shit on pro wrestling.

Watch one shimmer ppv to see awesome women's wrestling. Also anarchy championship for some Rachel summerlyn

I'm sure Sara knows that coming in. I imagine she just wants to get paid well and hang out with her friends(Hero, Claudio, Punk, etc). It's not like she hasn't been booked as a god in the independents for the last 5 or 6 years

When I was just a lurker and when I joined, I've never taken this thread seriously. It's far more enjoyable and hopeful to take the idea that people are actually enjoying things more than they portray.

So you just picture watching 3 hours of Raw and 2 hours of the other show every week or something?

I'm offended and we have legit heat now.

I'm sure Sara knows that coming in. I imagine she just wants to get paid well and hang out with her friends(Hero, Claudio, Punk, etc). It's not like she hasn't been booked as a god in the independents for the last 5 or 6 years

True I think she deserves to get payed. It's just I hate the wwe holding people back from wrestling to their true potential.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So you just picture watching 3 hours of Raw and 2 hours of the other show every week or something?

I'm offended and we have legit heat now.

Not at all. I imagine AAA and Osaka Pro being watched by all as well, it's just being talked about in NeoGAF Gold where I can't see it.

Also I'm all out of heat. Would you accept some Velocity instead?

Aiii

So not worth it
Do you agree with us that she isn't the most attractive WWE Diva on the roster?

(Wait, Maxine isn't in WWE anymore.)

Hmmm, who's the hottest diva in WWE now?

No, I don't. I dig petite women, I have been on the AJ bandwagon from the first time I saw her on NXT I'm afraid.

I can name about 5 other community threads that have more GIFs than this community, so I 'll never get that complaint.

In fact,
gofujigojdub9.gif

Someone snitched in this thread because they wanted less gifs and more text. To be honest, when Khrno was going nuts and speaking only in gifs a few months back, I was kind of getting annoyed, which makes me the biggest hypocrite in this thread. So to repent for that and to honor Khrno (who could've possibly past away for all we know), here is a gif that he may have posted once or twice:

fJzM4.gif

Top Bottom