• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Chikara's first ippv High Noon is a great card all around. i recomend it

Kingston vs Quackenbush was an easy top 5 of 2011 match for me. Not only did it provide some fantastic wrestling and amazing Kingston promos, but the build towards crowning the first Grand Champion was so, so well executed. It made the belt seem like a huge deal, which it is. CHIKARA's first singles title in the companies 10 year+ history. Also, it was a great and emotional moment post-match with Sweeney's relatives presenting King the belt. I loved everything about that match, and High Noon by extension. Awesome show.

Kaladin

Bottom 5 finishers:

1. 619 = most contrived set-up of any move ever
2. Killswitch = What is the point?
3. People's Elbow = All flash, no impact.
4. Attitude Adjustment = Standing fireman's carry......OOOOO wow you can lift 500 pounds on your shoulder, good job meat head.
5. Standing Ankle Lock = Possibly the easiest submission to reverse with a simple roll through. Wrestling submissions are supposed to be hard to reverse.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bottom 5 finishers:

1. 619 = most contrived set-up of any move ever
3. People's Elbow = All flash, no impact.
4. Attitude Adjustment = Standing fireman's carry......OOOOO wow you can lift 500 pounds on your shoulder, good job meat head.
5. Standing Ankle Lock = Possibly the easiest submission to reverse with a simple roll through. Wrestling submissions are supposed to be hard to reverse.

I loved Rey in WcW when he'd randomly do 619 along with all the other high flying moves he did in his early career, but it being a finisher is definitely so contrived.

Atsushi Kotoge (ex-Osaka Pro, now wrestles for NOAH) has been using it as his finisher recently - when he hits it, there's no preamble to the set up, he just grabs them, twists them round and slams them down. Also, I noticed he kicks his feet into the air when he hits the ground, which actually helps quite a bit in providing it with more impact visually. Still not a fan of it as a finisher though.

Kaladin

everything is better when kurt angle does it.

Sure it looks good, but every time he does it I think "why don't you just use your free arms and leg and roll through"? It becomes near unbeatable when he drops to his back, grapevines the leg and really cranks on it, but he doesn't do that nearly often enough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lung Blower and all varations
Asai DDT(more like ASSY DDT mirite; completely convoluted)
Edge's spear
Samoan Spike
Spin the dice or whatever it was called.

Pretty much any move that puts an unncessary twist or spin on a solid finisher. It makes the finisher look weaker. Hardyz, you don't need to spin before doing a cutter.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Sure it looks good, but every time he does it I think "why don't you just use your free arms and leg and roll through"? It becomes near unbeatable when he drops to his back, grapevines the leg and really cranks on it, but he doesn't do that nearly often enough.

I think similarly when ever I see a Figure-four leg lock. It can't be that hard to lunge forward and deck Ric Flair can it?

tm24

Kingston vs Quackenbush was an easy top 5 of 2011 match for me. Not only did it provide some fantastic wrestling and amazing Kingston promos, but the build towards crowning the first Grand Champion was so, so well executed. It made the belt seem like a huge deal, which it is. CHIKARA's first singles title in the companies 10 year+ history. Also, it was a great and emotional moment post-match with Sweeney's relatives presenting King the belt. I loved everything about that match, and High Noon by extension. Awesome show.
I just recently acquired every match in the 12 large summit. So good. I need a new hdd to store everything

Ithil

1. All strike-based finishers ever used in the WWE except kicks and the Clothesline from Hell (so Cobra, WMD, Samoan Spike, Truth Missile or whatever, etc)
2. Playmaker (I'm guessing this is what MVP's finisher was called and to this day I have no idea how it was supposed to hurt)
3. Pump-Handle Slam (Less height and impact than a standard powerslam)
4. The Worm
5. Killswitch (Which is a shame because I like Christian)

I've never understood what the pump handle is about. Seems like a lot of weird effort to just get a guy up where a normal scoop would also put him.

Ithil

Nah, I always thought the big boot looked dumb. I thought the Leg Drop was cool though. Right across the neck

The standing big boot looks silly, when they just raise their leg and the opponent runs into it, but the running one (like Test's) is awesome.

A Kane Bomb is basically a shittier version of CM Punk's pipebombs.

He makes actual Pipebombs, he said so on Raw last month. Pfft that Kane list is missing the Kane Klaw anyway!

I stopped watching WWE since Cena competed in MITB.
I mean, because baka gaijins make it.
You're so tsundere for WWE (and Kane).

That's how this crazy lingo works right?

You think I care about that old dude? Get him out of here, he doesn't know when to quit. Just like his brother!
So you hate them old people huh?

Bottom Five Finishers:

1. Christian's Spear
2. KillSwitch
3. Overdrive/Play of the Day
4. Antonio Cesaro's Crotchgrab Flapjack
5. Randy Orton's RKO

Now, I love the Diamond Cutter, but there's something about the way Orton does the RKO that makes it look absolutely undevastating.

Cesaro's finisher pisses me off because he looks like he's about to do an awesome piledriver, but then he just falls forward and it just looks silly. I wish he'd use that Shoryuken or that Pinning Fallaway Slam as a finisher instead.

Bottom Five Finishers:

4. Antonio Cesaro's Crotchgrab Flapjack

Cesaro's finisher pisses me off because he looks like he's about to do an awesome piledriver, but then he just falls forward and it just looks silly.

THis so much his finsher should be a shoreyken. much devistating.

also killswitch and pedagree and suprise RKO out of knowhere are terrible

i dont think Ziggler has ever been pedigreed. i wonder what it would look like.
Like a grave being filled with dirt, oh wait you meant the overselling, I imagine he would rocket straight back up off the canvas and into HHH's nads, almost like a cunning counter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i dont think Ziggler has ever been pedigreed. i wonder what it would look like.

gif_hhh.gif

Top Bottom