• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Not at all. I imagine AAA and Osaka Pro being watched by all as well, it's just being talked about in NeoGAF Gold where I can't see it.

Also I'm all out of heat. Would you accept some Velocity instead?

Velocity came at a time when I actually cared for the C shows and got solid matches out of people such as Danielson, London, Kendrick, and Burchill. I'll accept your Velocity.

EDIT: GOTDAMMIT, I keep starting new (50 post) pages with my crap :|

Velocity came at a time when I actually cared for the C shows and got solid matches out of people such as Danielson, London, Kendrick, and Burchill. I'll accept your Velocity.

EDIT: GOTDAMMIT, I keep starting new (50 post) pages with my crap :|

I'm sorry but I just don't...

I can't...

*sigh*

Those matches had no build- Nope, no, no, no, stop it bean.

They didn't matte- Please, bean, just stop. Stop this...

how have i never seen this commercial before
sting28sg9.gif

They don't even perform that move anymore :( It was funny because of the sell

I'm sorry but I just don't...

I can't...

*sigh*

Those matches had no build- Nope, no, no, no, stop it bean.

They didn't matte- Please, bean, just stop. Stop this...

It's fine Soulbreath, you can criticize them. Since then I've come to my senses and no longer waste time on the spin off shows.

XenoRaven

So does anyone else think that this Punk angle is another missed opportunity? It's been mentioned that they're turning him into just another generic heel. But with Punk at that sort of elite status in the WWE now, does it really make sense to have him try to weasel out of a triple threat match? Why can't he just be a guy that doesn't like anyone and wants to beat people up and prove he's the best? Does everyone have to always be 100% heel or 100% face? It's not like lil jimmy is going to stop tuning in to see Cena just because he can't figure out if Punk is a good guy or a bad guy.

Kyoufu

So does anyone else think that this Punk angle is another missed opportunity? It's been mentioned that they're turning him into just another generic heel. But with Punk at that sort of elite status in the WWE now, does it really make sense to have him try to weasel out of a triple threat match? Why can't he just be a guy that doesn't like anyone and wants to beat people up and prove he's the best? Does everyone have to always be 100% heel or 100% face? It's not like lil jimmy is going to stop tuning in to see Cena just because he can't figure out if Punk is a good guy or a bad guy.

I don't know. WWE booking is terribad so I'm sure it's another missed opportunity, but at the same time I don't think Punk wants to let go of that elite status. This is why I doubt it'll lead to Rock vs Cena again because that'd leave Punk with nothing and there's no way in hell he'd let Cena get all the spotlight at WM29.

Will have to wait and see what happens before being able to judge Punk's heel turn.

Aiii

So not worth it
Punk's story is long term. Judging it after 3 Raw's seems a bit... Pointless.

I like how they're taking it slowly and showing how he feels disrespected by Cener taking his spotlight.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I was fine with the idea of that segment and Punk not wanting to wrestle two other guys, it was just how they handled it and didn't let him give a reason that annoyed me. A "I've already beaten John Cena, I shouldn't have to prove it again for the 100th time", a "I don't want to be stuck in a match where you [WWE] make it all about Cena and Bit Show with me ignored" would have done wonders from what I would have taken from it.

Instead just a "I don't want to do it and... " interrupted can work in the long run, but not form all we've seen thus far.

Aiii

So not worth it
Former WWE superstar John Layfield posted the following story on Facebook about boxing legend Evander Holyfield hearing JBL trash talk him at a WWE live event:

“One of best stories ever from commentary was at Madison Square Garden with Evander Holyfield.

I had met Evander before and he was a total jerk, complete jerk to both me and Ron.

He used the religious image while he was an absolute reprehensible creature. He’s had a ton of kids by a ton of women and professes to be a model Christian. I don’t mind people being what they are, but I abhor fakes. I
can’t stand Evander Holyfield.

Soooooo……. On to MSG.

Evander is to box Matt Hardy in a ‘boxing match’ as MVP’s replacement in a Madison Square Garden event.

I am doing commentary and the whole show I am putting over Evander as this great guy, blah blah blah.

By the end of the show I am sick of myself. So during commercial I tell Michael Cole a true story of Evander and my wife at Fox News.

My wife had called me and told me she was in the ‘Green Room’ with a famous boxer but not being a sports fan she didn’t know who he was., she told me it was Evander Holyfield.

I explained to her he was one of greatest boxers of all time and told her the whole story of his career which I knew by heart as a huge boxing fan. She told me that he was ‘very nice’. I said “of course, he has had 9 kids by 9 women of course he is nice, leave now!” and of course I was joking, but half serious.

During the break I tell Michael this story, but of course I go further-I totally tear down Evander as a hypocrite and piece of garbage that I think he is. I have no idea this is being broadcast into his dressing room, I still had my headphones and mic on. Every word I say Evander hears.

Matt Hardy and MVP were in the room, ask them how tense it got. A spokesperson for Evander went to Vince and threatened to have him leave the show.

More importantly, how would you like to be Matt Hardy? He is facing the former heavyweight champion in what he hopes is a work and he now knows this guy is furious. While I was saying this Evander had one of his kids on his lap listening, and from Matt’s story he just got very quite.

Evander ended up doing business which I am sure Matt was thankful.

My headset was ringing to tell me to shut up.

After the show I went to Evander’s dressing room, not to apologize for what I said-I meant it and still do, but it was totally inappropriate for me to treat a guest of our show like that, I shouldn’t have let my personal feelings potentially screw up a show.
At his dressing room I encountered a security guard. I was expecting anything from a fight to him excepting my apology-I had no idea, but I had made my bed and I would lie in it.

I never apologized for what I said but for the venue I said it in as he was our guest. I meant what I said, but shouldn’t have said it to a guest of the WWE. The security guard looked at Evander who was less than five feet away and Evander shook his head, so I never spoke to him direct though that was my intention and he heard every word I said. And, I never apologized for calling him what I did, I apologized for doing it on a WWE show.

As I walked by the boys to Evander’s dressing room, no one knew what would happen. Ron Simmons told me, “leg dive him!’ which was my plan, it was a tense moment.

I have seen him since, I have no respect for him, but I do hate he is getting ‘punch drunk’ as no one deserves that. He is a great boxer but a rotten human being.

The next day I apologized to Vince, I was wrong to attack a guest like that. Vince said, “we almost lost him” and I responded, “we almost lost Matt” and we both laughed.

The day I almost got into a shoot fight with the former world heavyweight champ.”

I do hope JBL will return to commentary one day.

Sokantish

I kinda have. Ehh, oh well.

I'm also bitter due to not being able to watch the G1 Climax while Raw adds another hour of filler. It's not fair, man.

It's okay, I know they've hurt you. That's why I don't blame you.

Tomorrow I can't watch RAW live, isn't that just so sad? I have to watch the Raiders beat the Cowboys... hopefully

bangai-o

Banned
Was actually amazed by how many people were cheering and clapping during his celebration. Remembered it differently.
i would accuse the editors but someone here on wresslegaf did report back from that event saying the crowe was over for Sheamus.

I think I'm going on another WWE hiatus. I've got a replay of FF9 to work on, I'm moving, and there's probably some other stuff that is way more important than 2 and a half hours of nonsense and commercials.

Also, and I know I'm late on this, but FUCK HOGAN. Also, FUCK AJ. That whole thing with Punk and Bryan was garbage and I'm glad I never got on that train.

Kaladin

On Sunday, September 9, TNA IMPACT WRESTLING and Direct Auto Insurance present "No Surrender" live on Pay-Per-View and online around the world at http://www.TNAOnDemand.com

"No Surrender" will feature the culmination of the annual "Bound For Glory Series" as one superstar will earn a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship!

TNA PPV events air on InDemand, DirecTV, Dish Network, TVN, Viewer's Choice and more - check your programming guide for availability!

Kyoufu

I think I'm going on another WWE hiatus. I've got a replay of FF9 to work on, I'm moving, and there's probably some other stuff that is way more important than 2 and a half hours of nonsense and commercials.

Also, and I know I'm late on this, but FUCK HOGAN. Also, FUCK AJ. That whole thing with Punk and Bryan was garbage and I'm glad I never got on that train.

I agree with you Beef. That shit was baaaaaaaad.

Not going on a hiatus until this whole Punk/Rock thing pays off though. Even if the pay off is bad.

Striker

Punk's story is long term. Judging it after 3 Raw's seems a bit... Pointless.

I like how they're taking it slowly and showing how he feels disrespected by Cener taking his spotlight.
Batista argued the same thing. He deserved this, he deserved that. He was over-shadowed. Blah.

The last truly great feud that was over "I'm not getting what I deserve" was Jericho-Michaels. Stinks that Vince pushed Jericho into the inevitable cowardly heel that he obviously loves.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll unite you people. I can't stand seeing our house divided. We must unite.

UNITE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kurt Angle ‏@RealKurtAngle
I don't Know if I'm in Wwe13.somebody Claims that I am. That's All I Know!

Dominique Navarro ‏@KurtSteph87
I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard @RealKurtAngle "Angle Sucks" chants in the beginning of the #WWE13 Q&A vid. hmm

wouldn't be surprised

Non-WWE/TNA takes up 50% of the posts? Wut? I can barely get anyone to talk about anything other than TNA or WWE

Let's talk about you, Dragonzord (love the username btw). Do you think Jason stunk worse as the Red Ranger or the Gold Ranger?

Conversely, was Tommy better as the Green, Red, Black, or White Ranger?

Top Bottom