• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

That was pretty good. I thought TNA was gonna TNA, but they pulled it off. AA still champ and moves on to a new challenger now....hopefully.....probably not though.

And Roode didn't use the belt, AA dove into it.

VerTiGo

Banned
Despite a few botches here and there that ppv gets two thumbs up. Aries going into BFG champ makes me think we'll see the finals be something like Joe, AJ, Angle, and James Storm.

Taz still needs to get off the mic.

Kaladin

I think their best way to go with Bound For Glory would be Aries vs fresh opponent (AJ or Angle likely) + Roode vs Storm in a grudge match.

VerTiGo

Banned
I think their best way to go with Bound For Glory would be Aries vs fresh opponent (AJ or Angle likely) + Roode vs Storm in a grudge match.

I think AJ would be great in the long run some way somehow but he's still mixed into the Claire story and that won't work well in the championship scene and something I can't imagine current TNA doing.

Aries vs. Angle has the making of a great feud and match that would be great as a victory over Angle would strengthen Aries' reign and legitimacy. Also, Angle's career is going to wrap up soon and I'm sure he's looking to put the new faces of the company over as he always has.

With that said, I'm hoping Storm is behind Aces and 8s. I don't find Storm that interesting but I can see a heel turn churn out some good stuff with a stable in the picture as well. Storm will be worked into the world title picture but they aren't going to kill Aries' run. This win tonight kinda proved that for me.

What happens to Roode though? Other than possibly retiring Sting, Roode should stay constant in the main event picture. I mean c'mon... that boss theme.

Kaladin

What happens to Roode though? Other than possibly retiring Sting, Roode should stay constant in the main event picture. I mean c'mon... that boss theme.

Roode could use a feud or two not centered around the title, give him some character outside of that.

daemissary

Bully wins BFG series with secret assistance from Aces and Eights, becomes their leader and faces Aries at BFG.

This is happening.

Kaladin

Enjoy your Summerfest:

555551_10151020976251443_252115044_n.jpg

VerTiGo

Banned
Bully wins BFG series with secret assistance from Aces and Eights, becomes their leader and faces Aries at BFG.

This is happening.

Aries was advertised as former champion for an upcoming house show and then it was corrected the next day... What I'm saying is that I don't think creative at TNA actually knows what they are doing with storylines and just pens everything out last minute and as a result the fans are continuously being swerved. That's probably what I enjoy most about the product lately because they've been doing well while being live and being able to rewrite in accordance to its viewership's feedback.

daemissary

Aries was advertised as former champion for an upcoming house show and then it was corrected the next day... What I'm saying is that I don't think creative at TNA actually knows what they are doing with storylines and just pens everything out last minute and as a result the fans are continuously being swerved.

I think you're probably right but I'm hoping that there is a reason that they put Bully over on Impact and also at the ppv tonight when his contract is supposedly up in two weeks.

Maybe this was part of the deal that got him to re-sign?

VerTiGo

Banned
I think you're probably right but I'm hoping that there is a reason that they put Bully over on Impact and also at the ppv tonight when his contract is supposedly up in two weeks.

Maybe this was part of the deal that got him to re-sign?

Bully is heading into face territory. He's just too funny when he cuts a promo that it's getting over so it wouldn't make sense to me at the moment, but I can see that they are playing with the idea. Its just that Storm really plays the role he's in well. Various facial expressions made kinda sell the idea that he's behind it.

Did Bully re-sign?

Top Bottom