• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

jmdajr

2eYH9.png

haha, nice!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it because we dismissed Hogan week or due to yet another guy boo hooing about anything wrestling game related?

That entire hootenanny had ruffled my feathers enough, I'd rather not wing our way back to it.

I think it was your love of Kane that made him mad, owl
Nonsense, if he was that bothered he'd have fled months ago, i'm Kane lite anyway, SoulPlaya is the heavy weapon, not to be confused with Heavy.

That entire hootenanny had ruffled my feathers enough, I'd rather not wing our way back to it.

Yes I think we can grow above that and leaf it alone, no need to sow the seeds of hatred....okay so Sunflower puns aren't my thing.

G-Fex

Is it because we dismissed Hogan week or due to yet another guy boo hooing about anything wrestling game related?

Nah I don't care about Hogan just the count of my personality defect to the bad part.

And just cause all the other junk that's been talked about lately.

None the less, it's safe to say that my Jimmies are no longer rustled.

The "recap of what happened earlier in the show/last week/on Raw" is the absolute worst thing on WWE television right now. I don't even understand it from a business sense, they are actively encouraging people to avoid watching anything live and punishing the people who support the program all the way through.

i am shock

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Hoggin'

I saw his anthology for sale at a local place for $3.99. Considering an endurance run with my buddies of every Hoggin match on it.

G-Fex

Speaking of Hoggin'

I saw his anthology for sale at a local place for $3.99. Considering an endurance run with my buddies of every Hoggin match on it.

Man I haven't had time to watch my two big hogan DVD's.

I should get around to watchin em. I've only seen the HHH and Rock matches.

I still haven't seen my Jeff Hardy DVD

I still haven't seen my Undertaker's deadliest matches DVD

G-Fex

According to Gaf Observer

ChrisWok was alone in his hotel sunday evening when he ordered Room service and instead of being met with a overly expensive meal he was beaten senseless by John Cena.

Says everything.

Kaladin

I never understood that image. At all. Just was so fucking dumb.

There was a lot of hype for Immortal going into Bound For Glory that year....about as much hype as any debuting major heel faction gets. That was an actual sign from the crowd and that picture was kind of laughing at the fans who were expecting anything else.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There was a lot of hype for Immortal going into Bound For Glory that year....about as much hype as any debuting major heel faction gets. That was an actual sign from the crowd and that picture was kind of laughing at the fans who were expecting anything else.

I thought of it kind of like when a really bad artist doesn't "get" that people think he's a joke. They were on cloud nine.

Linkified

The "recap of what happened earlier in the show/last week/on Raw" is the absolute worst thing on WWE television right now. I don't even understand it from a business sense, they are actively encouraging people to avoid watching anything live and punishing the people who support the program all the way through.

Have you watched any drama show in the last x amount of years. They always do it, hell BBC did it every day of the Olympics. I bet NBC did the same thing.

HighSpots have a 40% off sale on ALL their multi-disc sets - check it out;

http://www.highspots.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Multi-Disc-Sets

Good god, there's some awesome stuff on there. I highly recommend;

. The History of Misawa vs Jumbo Tsuruta - Volumes 1 & 2
. The Funks in Japan
. Kenta Kobashi - Burning Spirit
. Miracle Violence Connection - Doctor Death & Terry Gordy
. The Steiner Brothers in Japan

Tempted by the best of CM Punk in IWA-MS sets, as I'm haven't got much in the way of IWA-MS in my collection.

Actually I get what you're saying Linkified, so I should clarify a bit.
I have no problem with seeing a video package at the top of the show or before a pay-per-view match detailing the story. But I don't need to see a clip of a segment from the exact same show that I'm watching "for those just tuning in" and I don't need a video package detailing a feud played multiple times in a television show.

Linkified

His mother was extremely tall and his father was a time traveling version of himself from the future.

They really don't. Olympics/Sport coverage is a totally different beast

Yes they do. Eastenders/Neighbours/Masterchef Australia/Inazuma Eleven/Once upon a Time/etc.

All begin with 'last time on...' every episode bar the first. Its used to recap the most important bits.

Titles and domain name ideas for a wrestling blog, anyone? I'm not having much inspiration so far...

burninghammer
cheapheat
faceinperil
hopespot
slobberknocker
prowrestlingspirit

Yes they do. Eastenders/Neighbours/Masterchef Australia/Inazuma Eleven/Once upon a Time/etc.

All begin with 'last time on...' every episode bar the first. Its used to recap the most important bits.

Right, I didn't get what you meant at first which is why I clarified. "Last time on..." is different from "We're gonna show you this whole scene from earlier in this same episode you are currently watching"

McNei1y

Speaking of NBA 2k11/12, I was bummed 2k12 didnt have club leagues.

Anyway I'm ready for tonight. I want to see Jericho... isn't this one of his last RAWs?

Except the WWE recaps the ALL the bits every 20 minutes for weeks at a time, sometimes MULTIPLE times per show. It's the equivalent of someone dying in a drama and getting replays of the death after every commercial break. The show has no natural flow when Cole is constantly throwing back to a stupid pyro accident from 3 hours prior, or 4 Brock/HHH video packages a night, or showing the entire clumsy looking brawl Cena was in 3 times. It may not seem like a big deal on a 2-3 hour show, but it makes watching tiresome and adds up week to week. It's just another example of the company playing so hard for the TV audience that they forget it's a LIVE EVENT. Every segment should be BUILDING the show to its main event climax, not just to produce a clip to be replayed 97 times for an idiot audience that apparently can't retain information.

Top Bottom