• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So is Sunflower vs. Beef actually happening?

If so GO SUNFLOWER!

Oh it's happening. Don't cheer me too hard - I'm the wildcard, if I win, you're next! And you don't know what kind of crazy shit I'll do.

Now, about the avatar Beef MIGHT get...perhaps that ipod that Digimon people use with Batista's face in it and "SUNNY WINS" on it might be best?

Oh it's happening. Don't cheer me too hard - I'm the wildcard, if I win, you're next! And you don't know what kind of crazy shit I'll do.

Now, about the avatar Beef MIGHT get...perhaps that ipod that Digimon people use with Batista's face in it and "SUNNY WINS" on it might be best?

The important thing to note is if we even have the same system. I don't have an XBOX or the PC version, so if you don't have a PS3, then this is over before it can begin.

http://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/ddt-budokan-peter-pan-2012-ddt-15th-anniversary-preview/

This Saturday in Japan, DDT holds its most important show yet as they celebrate their 15th Anniversary by going to Budokan Hall for the very first time. This is a big deal for them as it is the Japanese equivalent of a promotion like CHIKARA or PWG running an event inside a building WWE would book for their shows.

I wrote a preview trying to explain the weird, the wacky and the wonderful things that DDT have planned for the show. Most notably is the main event between Kota Ibushi Vs Kenny Omega for the KO-D Championship. This will be only the second time the two have faced each other in a single match. The first time was a Best 2 out of 3 Falls Count Anywhere match that happened back in 2008. It was a heck of a match.

http://youtu.be/V5PvUuehwb4

Anyway, for those here that do know about DDT and for those who don't I hope you enjoy my preview.

This is pretty damn cool for DDT. I haven't seen too much of what they've done, but I've loved everything I've seen. When will it be available to watch in North America?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The important thing to note is if we even have the same system. I don't have an XBOX or the PC version, so if you don't have a PS3, then this is over before it can begin.

I'll rent it sometime or pick it up for dirt-ass cheap to make this happen. I own PC and 360 versions, not PS3. So I guess the triple-dip is gonna happen, heh.

Now I just gotta get acclimated to the DS3 on Dhalsim. THATS RIGHT I'M A CONTROLLER USER.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

I can't make it. I have elevated live enzymes, take Big Shoe instead.

But yeah if you do win make sure to mark them, that way you get to see fun stuff like this:

juYx1HZRqVhi6.png

Oh yeah, before I forget. Did Aces & Eights do anything at Hardcore Justice beyond giving Storm a thumbs-up and taking out Pope? I wanna know before watching Impact tonight.

I'll rent it sometime or pick it up for dirt-ass cheap to make this happen. I own PC and 360 versions, not PS3. So I guess the triple-dip is gonna happen, heh.

Now I just gotta get acclimated to the DS3 on Dhalsim. THATS RIGHT I'M A CONTROLLER USER.
Oh, really? I don't wanna have either of us be handicapped while we play, that wouldn't be right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, really? I don't wanna have either of us be handicapped while we play, that wouldn't be right.

Not a handicap. I used to play KOF in the arcades, but I never got SF feelin' right with a stick.

I BOLDLY and WHOLEHEARTEDLY embrace controllerdom. My Zangief was great with it - my Sim even better!

I'll seriously shut up about fighting games for a while, I'm REALLY sorry for the derail.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Honest to goodness I think having a Wrasslegaf Community Social event would be cool. Like a PPV card!

Note: I will not play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 due to the horrors I experience online. That game just does not jive with me.

yo momma

http://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/ddt-budokan-peter-pan-2012-ddt-15th-anniversary-preview/

This Saturday in Japan, DDT holds its most important show yet as they celebrate their 15th Anniversary by going to Budokan Hall for the very first time. This is a big deal for them as it is the Japanese equivalent of a promotion like CHIKARA or PWG running an event inside a building WWE would book for their shows.

I wrote a preview trying to explain the weird, the wacky and the wonderful things that DDT have planned for the show. Most notably is the main event between Kota Ibushi Vs Kenny Omega for the KO-D Championship. This will be only the second time the two have faced each other in a single match. The first time was a Best 2 out of 3 Falls Count Anywhere match that happened back in 2008. It was a heck of a match.

http://youtu.be/V5PvUuehwb4

Anyway, for those here that do know about DDT and for those who don't I hope you enjoy my preview.

Awesome, great write-up Jamie - really amazing to see how far DDT have come, and I'm sure the show's going to be amazing. Really looking forward to Ibushi vs Kenny, there's no way it will be anything less than excellent. Also looking forward to Takagi vs Suzuki, the 5-a side football match and seeing how the new guy fares against Generico.

Also, by any chance do you know anything about a small Japanese indy promotion named 'Soil Pro' or 'Saturday Pro DX'? I got a DVD of their 04/28 show and was looking for the full card - Masa Takanishi wrestles some guy named Daisuke Kamata in the main event, but there's a masked wrestler facing El Samurai in the fourth match and I can't make out his name.

Not a handicap. I used to play KOF in the arcades, but I never got SF feelin' right with a stick.

I BOLDLY and WHOLEHEARTEDLY embrace controllerdom. My Zangief was great with it - my Sim even better!

I'll seriously shut up about fighting games for a while, I'm REALLY sorry for the derail.
Well I meant that your controller of preference is the 360 pad, but if you're fine with a DS3, then I guess it's ok. CHALLENGE BACK ON.

And if people are really bothered by the talk in here, then I guess we can further discuss this via PM, Sunflower.
Sunflower just buy the pc version for beef. Problem solved
That'd be a very kind gesture, but my laptop can barely run TF2 without chugging. No dice on AE for PC.
is there a story behind the Digimon avatars?
I like Agumon. I guess Panda does too? Are there more Digimon avatars I'm missing?
She has bits of wrestling in her still....

:/

Oh, that Miz!

Novid

Banned
More News on Saturday Slam... One 1/3 of moveset banned from show:

According to several high level sources within WWE, the new Saturday Morning Slam show, set to debut on the CW Network on August 25th, will carry an interesting, unspoken match rule due to the fact that the show is geared towards children.

WZ has learned that the matches taped for Saturday Morning Slam are not to feature moves aimed at the neck, which would include anything from a simple headlock to an RKO.

At this point the feeling is that moves performed to the neck might come off as too violent, so WWE is avoiding any type of offense that gives the appearance of "snapping" or targeting the neck area.

It remains to be seen if this is a rule WWE will adhere to long term, but it's being said that the first match taped for Slam, which took place at this week's Smackdown taping, did not feature any offense aimed at the neck.

I told yall Saban and Vince are the fucking sons of Satan.

we are doomed.

where that doom song?

http://youtu.be/fqcn_TPu4qQ

oh yes.

we are doomed.

Enfinit

It's not too big of a deal if they remove neck-related moves. It's only a kid's show with one match per week, RAW and SD should be fine.

Novid

Banned
It's not too big of a deal if they remove neck-related moves. It's only a kid's show with one match per week, RAW and SD should be fine.

thats what they said with PG.

thats what they all said.

Guess What.

Saban happend.

again, we are doomed.

Top Bottom