• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

jmdajr

Virtua Fighter is probably the most boring fighting game I have ever played. I respect it for it's gameplay but ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've never seen you at a KOF tourney, Sunflower. Hell, I don't even know if you've played '98. You're probably just a fighting game hipster looking for some street cred.
You haven't? Well... I have been around the block...

I will challenge either Beef or Panda to a best of 7 series, maybe ssf4ae?

Loser has to live with a new avatar for a couple months or somesuch.

Whaddya say fellas? Ill even stream it online for our community.

I'm not a SNK expert but I think all of those are KOF originals except for Athena and maybe Daimon.

Right, although Kensou's from the same game as Athena, they were the 1P and 2P characters in Psycho Soldier. K' and Maxima (the two dudes in the first team bean breath posted) are based on 2 characters from an unfinished fighting game called The Fallen Angels, and Maxima himself draws a lot from a character from Robo Army. But yeah, there are a good deal of original characters too. That's because SNK made their own plots for the games, and they took the KOF plotline seriously; they'd stick to building up a storyline no matter what, even when they technically went bankrupt. The only time they'd skip storylines is when they did dream matches.

Again, kidding! Sheesh, I don't have what it takes to be a heel on Wrassle-GAF's mid-card...
And no one ever challenges me to avvy matches, either. I'm pretty sure I could beat any of you 15-0 in Slammasters II. I am the King of Dead Fighting Games.

Sokantish

3S is one of the worst SF games ever made.

Ever.

VF is the greatest fighting game of all time and the best game released this generation.

1) Final Showdown
2) AH3
3) KoF13

I loved Virtua Fighter 2 on my saturn. It was amazing! I bought Final Showdown on xbl but then I only played it for like 20 minutes. I don't know what happened

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Right, although Kensou's from the same game as Athena, they were the 1P and 2P characters in Psycho Soldier. K' and Maxima (the two dudes in the first team bean breath posted) are based on 2 characters from an unfinished fighting game called The Fallen Angels, and Maxima himself draws a lot from a character from Robo Army. But yeah, there are a good deal of original characters too. That's because SNK made their own plots for the games, and they took the KOF plotline seriously; they'd stick to building up a storyline no matter what, even when they technically went bankrupt. The only time they'd skip storylines is when they did dream matches.
Being a guy who mains YAMAZAKI/Shermie/Takuma, the dream match games make me happy.

XenoRaven

If you stream and play it will be super laggy. But fear not, I can stream as a spectator! Or G-Fex. G-Fex can do it. I volunteer him.

jmdajr

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar. ugh. Brock is going to have to cut his pace in half in order to conform to Triple H.

0663d2fc.gif

Laserfrog

I'd watch! I'd even provide my expert analysis!

Oh my god Fallen Edge has gone insane.

RUN WRASSLEGAF, HE'S INSANE.

macho9.gif

Virtua Fighter is probably the most boring fighting game I have ever played. I respect it for it's gameplay but ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

you're boring!

Nah, I'm pretty sure 3S is the 2D fighter that puts all other 2D fighters to shame. And 3D fighters? Those suck :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

ST and VS are still the best 2D fighting games out there. 3S and 4/AE just make me cry ;_;

MK9 owns them all anyway.

First fighter that actually did single player right. Can't beat that.

fuck a single player.

I loved Virtua Fighter 2 on my saturn. It was amazing! I bought Final Showdown on xbl but then I only played it for like 20 minutes. I don't know what happened

Play more! It is really fun!

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution would like a word with you.

fantastic game.

Sokantish

I have it, I've only played the story mode so far though. I wanted to finish that before I went into training, then I planned on going online. The story mode is really long though so its taking me a while

Virtua Fighter 4 happened.
Beef made some sweet Wolf alts for FS, though. If he ever fights me again, I'll show them off for you guys.

Being a guy who mains YAMAZAKI/Shermie/Takuma, the dream match games make me happy.

Me too. I hope a new one comes out soon - it'll probably be the only time I see Tizoc in HD anytime soon :(

Persona 4 Arena and MK have the best single players I think. They're both pretty fun. The character creator in SC5 was pretty crazy though, I didn't get anywhere near unlocking all the stuff though
I never got that far in P3 and never played P4 so a lot of the appeal is sort of lost on me, that said when it eventually reaches PAL land I may give it a look.
And unfortunately for SC5, there is plenty of customization stuff, just behind DLC, ohohoho!

Wrasslegaf Deadly Game tournament, SF edition.

MK9 owns them all anyway.

First fighter that actually did single player right. Can't beat that.
Well good gameplay can beat that rather handily, my bias tells me no matter how much better that entry is to the rest of them I still just don't like it.
I'll take DoA Dimensions for single player like others mentioned regardless of how many times Ayane whines about "traitor".
I'll replay SSB Brawl Subspace emissary before going onto MK

VF is the greatest fighting game of all time and the best game released this generation.

1) Final Showdown
2) AH3
3) KoF13

ARCANA HEART!? I thought I knew you, FallingEdge.

I accept if it's SF4.

I will do a best of 7 with you in ST!

ARCANA HEART!? I thought I knew you, FallingEdge.

It's a really good game!!!!!!! I'm serious!!!!!!!!!

XenoRaven

anyone have persona 4 i am on the fence about it .
It's awesome, super fun, and has really good netcode.

I was skeptical about the auto-combo thing, but it's actually a good feature. The full auto-combos don't do a lot of damage, so beginners can still play by mashing a button, but it encourages you to learn real combos to get more damage. Characters have really good variety. No two characters feel remotely similar to me, so even though the roster is thin compared to a game like AE, it doesn't get stale. I'd recommend it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you like the old HK Jackie Chan movies, you need to buy Sleeping Dogs though.

Like, there's so many references. There's an ip Man costume, an Ong Bak costume, a Game of Death costume, etc.

It's a really good game!!!!!!! I'm serious!!!!!!!!!
My secret shame is that when Game were going down the tubes earlier this year and started having sales all over the place I snaffled some fighters on the cheap, KoF 13 for £4 and AH3 limited edition for like £2, the bargain was too tempting to resist!
As per tradition i'm balls at it but it was kind of funny, i'm not easily offended by the stuff there which makes prudes like beef shake their heads.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It certainly sounds like we have the makings of the first Wrasslegaf Fighting Social. More to come...

Aiii

So not worth it
anyone have persona 4 i am on the fence about it .

Dude, I discovered Persona 3 a year ago on my PSP and I'm an instant fan. P4 Golden is a first day buy for me (+7 days for VGP to ship it oversees because European Atlus releases, if they even happen, are always years later).

Dude, I discovered Persona 3 a year ago on my PSP and I'm an instant fan. P4 Golden is a first day buy for me (+7 days for VGP to ship it oversees because European Atlus releases, if they even happen, are always years later).

i was talking about he fighting game should have been more specific. P3 and P4 are some of my favorite rpgs ever.

Sokantish

Looks like I clicked on the wrong thread... can anyone direct me to WrassleGAF?

Keyser don't be this way, why don't you join in on the fun? Would you like to play some Bushido Blade 2 with me?

I like Persona 4 a LOT more than Persona 3 but they are both amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honest to goodness I think having a Wrasslegaf Community Social event would be cool. Like a PPV card!

Note: I will not play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 due to the horrors I experience online. That game just does not jive with me.

Beef and Panda still have their tails tucked on my AE challenge. Cmon guys, I main Sim...how good could I possibly be?

Sokantish

Honest to goodness I think having a Wrasslegaf Community Social event would be cool. Like a PPV card!

Note: I will not play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 due to the horrors I experience online. That game just does not jive with me.

Beef and Panda still have their tails tucked on my AE challenge. Cmon guys, I main Sim...how good could I possibly be?

I'm not afraid of you Sunflower.

Aiii

So not worth it
i was talking about he fighting game should have been more specific. P3 and P4 are some of my favorite rpgs ever.

Ah, well I'm trying to block that game from my memory. It's literally the only game ever to be region locked for the PS3, so I can't play it.

God, that pisses me off. I want to play it so badly.

My secret shame is that when Game were going down the tubes earlier this year and started having sales all over the place I snaffled some fighters on the cheap, KoF 13 for £4 and AH3 limited edition for like £2, the bargain was too tempting to resist!
As per tradition i'm balls at it but it was kind of funny, i'm not easily offended by the stuff there which makes prudes like beef shake their heads.

I would love that copy of AH3. I just like collecting fighting games haha.

If you are going to do this, at least pick games that are good. And fun.

I'm not sayin, but I'm sayin #Sayin #JustSayin #SuperSaiyan

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not afraid of you Sunflower.

You and FallingEdge will feel the YOGA BOMB sometime. 360? Because if not...I can rent the PS3 version to make it happen, cap footage, release on youtube.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For those who may be interested, my buddy Locke and I did a light documentary series on Street Fighter x Tekken when it released.

There's 5 episodes, under 30 mins apiece - basically the setup was him and I would play cooperatively and improve our game.

I don't want to spoil too much of it, so I'll say the ending is probably worth it, but it's fun to take the journey with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQNYNws74BY

Let me know if you guys enjoy it. And don't laugh at my closet-cam.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, my face in episode 1. I've since removed the beard and sliced off the hair. Fuckin wolfman...what the hell

You and FallingEdge will feel the YOGA BOMB sometime. 360? Because if not...I can rent the PS3 version to make it happen, cap footage, release on youtube.

I got the PC version because I got it for free last year for going to EVO. Only version I have. I guess I can borrow AE for 360 if need be. I'm bad and know only how to play ST style.

Top Bottom