• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

G-Fex

What WWE haven't told us is that the HHH/Bork much is pre taped and is currently going through CGI enhancement to make HHH look more impressive in the match. Though it's kind of given away when HHH balloons to double his size and finishes off the match with a WWE All Stars style leaping pedigree with swirly graphical effects.

James Cameron directing?

Audience filled in with WWE staff?

Excuse me for a moment while I nerd out on CHIKARA;

Watched CHIKARA - The Great Escape earlier, and throughly enjoyed it. We get a good opener between Green Ant & assailANT, probably the best showing yet from that particular member of the Swarm, followed by a very fun Young Lion's Cup-X Eliminator between Kobald of the Batiri, Jivin' Jimmy, Cameron Matthews & Anthony Stone. Some really great moments in this one. Jivin' Jimmy hits a backdrop on Cameron that's so huge it flips him over 450 degrees. Stone steps in on the backs of both Jimmy & Cameron to hit a big tornado DDT on Kobald. Cameron jumps off Jimmy's back into a top-rope asai moonsault! God-damn. Cameron & Stone both looked great here. 3rd match in, a good, but slightly awkward bout between Frightmare and Ophidian, then the CHIKARA debut of the Mysterious & Handsome Stranger as he takes on Icarus. The Handsome Stranger is such an awesome, awesome gimmick, but I don't think my words can entirely do it justice. Check it out.

Next, two impromptu teams face off as 3.0 & Gran Akuma face the Swarm of combatANT & deviANT, plus prisoner of war Soldier Ant. Akuma & 3.0 worked well together, looking forward to seeing tthe in the King of Trios. That's followed by The Batiri facing off against Tim Donst & Jakob Hammermeier. This one was a lot of fun, and Tim's bullying of Jakob leads to the crowd getting behind Jakob, which only further infuriates Donst. Then, Sugar Dunkerton has a good, but short match against The Shard as we head into the last half of the show. The atomicos match of Quack, Jigsaw, UltraMantis & Hallowicked vs The Young Bucks & The Heart Throbs was good once it got going, but I could have done without the lengthy preamble. Loved The Heart Throbs injuring each other as they tried to replicate one of the Bucks signature spots, lo.

Finally, in the main event of the evening, The Queen of Wrestling challenges Eddie Kingston for the CHIKARA Grand Championship. What a match! Hot-damn, this one was awesome. King starts things off slow, but soon realises he has little chance of out-wrestling Sara, and that Sara's strikes are no fucking joke. She brutally works over his legs and right arm, effectively nullifying the spinning backfist, and King sells the injuries really well throughout. Once King innevitably regains control, the crowd starts to turn on him as he puts a brutal beating on Sara. He goes to the top, only for Sara to cut him off and hit a HUGE superplex, but she can't follow up for the cover. Sara hits a big piledriver on King, but the Grand Champ kicks out at 2. The crowd are firmly behind Sara now, and thought they were seeing a title change after that spot. Sara goes for the piledriver again, but King counters into a backdrop driver only for Sara to kick out at 2! The crowd goes fucking nuts, King hits a weakened Backfist to the Future to take Sara to her knees, then connects with a NASTY Sliding-D to the back of her head for the 3-count. DAMN, what a match. The crowd boo Kingston, but only until he puts over Del Rey and her awesome performance in this match. She's battered and bruised, but to her credit the Grand Champ looks just as badly beaten. AWESOME MATCH. Great show. Buy;

http://smartmarkvideo.com/chikara-july-28-2012-the-great-escape-portland-me-download.html

Carry on.

Laserfrog

L0C31.png

The fourth match of the PPV and the only one I'm looking forward to.
s5srF.png

MmC6B.png
xee33.png

Jericho and Ziggler started off an even matchup with each unable to break the other's grip. Until Dolph using all his will and ingenuity manages to suplex Jericho.

H8egH.png

With Jericho dazed Ziggles puts on the figure-four leglock.

fIm6W.png

But the defiant Jericho breaks out and moonsaults onto a wounded Ziggler.

T32II.png

Ziggler makes a triumphant return as he gets Jericho into the corner and almost kicks his face off!

U0PGh.png
CPZxg.png

But alas it is too little too late as Y2J pulls off the walls of Jericho and makes Dolph Ziggler submit.

THE WINNER Chris Jericho

Excuse me for a moment while I nerd out on CHIKARA;

Watched CHIKARA - The Great Escape earlier, and throughly enjoyed it. We get a good opener between Green Ant & assailANT, probably the best showing yet from that particular member of the Swarm, followed by a very fun Young Lion's Cup-X Eliminator between Kobald of the Batiri, Jivin' Jimmy, Cameron Matthews & Anthony Stone. Some really great moments in this one. Jivin' Jimmy hits a backdrop on Cameron that's so huge it flips him over 450 degrees. Stone steps in on the backs of both Jimmy & Cameron to hit a big tornado DDT on Kobald. Cameron jumps off Jimmy's back into a top-rope asai moonsault! God-damn. Cameron & Stone both looked great here. 3rd match in, a good, but slightly awkward bout between Frightmare and Ophidian, then the CHIKARA debut of the Mysterious & Handsome Stranger as he takes on Icarus. The Handsome Stranger is such an awesome, awesome gimmick, but I don't think my words can entirely do it justice. Check it out.

Next, two impromptu teams face off as 3.0 & Gran Akuma face the Swarm of combatANT & deviANT, plus prisoner of war Soldier Ant. Akuma & 3.0 worked well together, looking forward to seeing tthe in the King of Trios. That's followed by The Batiri facing off against Tim Donst & Jakob Hammermeier. This one was a lot of fun, and Tim's bullying of Jakob leads to the crowd getting behind Jakob, which only further infuriates Donst. Then, Sugar Dunkerton has a good, but short match against The Shard as we head into the last half of the show. The atomicos match of Quack, Jigsaw, UltraMantis & Hallowicked vs The Young Bucks & The Heart Throbs was good once it got going, but I could have done without the lengthy preamble. Loved The Heart Throbs injuring each other as they tried to replicate one of the Bucks signature spots, lo.

Finally, in the main event of the evening, The Queen of Wrestling challenges Eddie Kingston for the CHIKARA Grand Championship. What a match! Hot-damn, this one was awesome. King starts things off slow, but soon realises he has little chance of out-wrestling Sara, and that Sara's strikes are no fucking joke. She brutally works over his legs and right arm, effectively nullifying the spinning backfist, and King sells the injuries really well throughout. Once King innevitably regains control, the crowd starts to turn on him as he puts a brutal beating on Sara. He goes to the top, only for Sara to cut him off and hit a HUGE superplex, but she can't follow up for the cover. Sara hits a big piledriver on King, but the Grand Champ kicks out at 2. The crowd are firmly behind Sara now, and thought they were seeing a title change after that spot. Sara goes for the piledriver again, but King counters into a backdrop driver only for Sara to kick out at 2! The crowd goes fucking nuts, King hits a weakened Backfist to the Future to take Sara to her knees, then connects with a NASTY Sliding-D to the back of her head for the 3-count. DAMN, what a match. The crowd boo Kingston, but only until he puts over Del Rey and her awesome performance in this match. She's battered and bruised, but to her credit the Grand Champ looks just as badly beaten. AWESOME MATCH. Great show. Buy;

http://smartmarkvideo.com/chikara-july-28-2012-the-great-escape-portland-me-download.html

Carry on.

Best Promotion for a few years now.

So guys is today one of the times where Super Cena wins against all odds?

I'm guessing this'll be Punk's night, but I'm not 100%

I think they put big show in the match just so Punk can win and Cena wont lose.

Then again it wouldnt be the first time Cena wins just because "Cena wins lol"

Gotta get Cena over with Cena vs Rock 2 at rumble and Cena vs Rock 3 at mania!!!

Punk wins with a half hour left in the show, then Stone Cold shows up and steals the title. The remaining time on the show is an extended chase sequence between the two of them involving motorcycles and parkour through the streets of LA

Laserfrog

9eYc3.png

Match 5 for the World Heavyweight Championship

9tfjJ.png

PEIIE.jpg
SvzxK.jpg

Del Rio started strong with a flourish of attacks on Sheamus.

VMkLQ.jpg
9pQSS.jpg

But it wasn't long until Sheamus brought the match under control.

DSOGz.jpg
1dbQm.jpg

From then on Sheamus was the man to beat, being the dominant force in the match. But still there was a sliver of hope for Alberto.

l8y4K.jpg
WJCaC.jpg

But a brogue kick stopped Del Rio in his tracks, losing all hope of being crowned World Heavyweight Championship.

Winner Alber- I mean Sheamus

XShagrath

This is in the email we got for the NXT ticket sales for their next show at Full Sail University.

Contains Summer Slam spoilers.

WWE Champion CM Punk, direct from his SummerSlam Triple Threat Match, will be tearing up the ring during the August 23, 2012 WWE / NXT event at Full Sail Live! The stunning WWE Divas will be on hand, and WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross will call all of the WWE / NXT in-ring action!

Looks like
CM Punk will keep the title for a little longer.

G-Fex

Laserfrog you're amazing and thanks for watching me play Halo badly.

Laserfrog's posts are more entertaining than anything that will happen.

What time is SummerSham coming on anyway? A hour? Two?

Kyoufu

This is in the email we got for the NXT ticket sales for their next show at Full Sail University.

WWE Champion CM Punk, direct from his SummerSlam Triple Threat Match, will be tearing up the ring during the August 23, 2012 WWE / NXT event at Full Sail Live! The stunning WWE Divas will be on hand, and WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross will call all of the WWE / NXT in-ring action!

Looks like

SHOCKING NEWS

G-Fex

I requested tonight off and it seems like Summerslam won't be worth it

However, I'll still get to be home and eating pizza and playing Blitz on xbla

G-Fex

You know who wins?

Chikara, cause they're better.

And Me cause I'm the G-fex and I'm aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome.

XenoRaven

I'm bored and kind of sleepy and just got over a headache and don't feel like playing video games before Summerfest starts. Someone link a super awesome match for me to watch.

I was watching that Ibushi/Omega match, but the sound being out of sync started spoiling stuff for me. I didn't want to watch it without sound so I stopped the video. On the little sidebar thing I saw a Kota Ibushi vs El Generico match linked. I've seen El Generico mentioned several times in this thread, but I've never seen him wrestle. I decided to watch that one and holy crap it was awesome. Generico is absolutely insane. Just when I thought a spinning back drop sitout powerbomb was one of the craziest moves I'd ever seen, he did a super brainbuster onto the top turnbuckle. Wow.

Samara

Looks like

lol. what a suprise
of course the divas will be there

I'm bored and kind of sleepy and just got over a headache and don't feel like playing video games before Summerfest starts. Someone link a super awesome match for me to watch.

I was watching that Ibushi/Omega match, but the sound being out of sync started spoiling stuff for me. I didn't want to watch it without sound so I stopped the video. On the little sidebar thing I saw a Kota Ibushi vs El Generico match linked. I've seen El Generico mentioned several times in this thread, but I've never seen him wrestle. I decided to watch that one and holy crap it was awesome. Generico is absolutely insane. Just when I thought a spinning back drop sitout powerbomb was one of the craziest moves I'd ever seen, he did a super brainbuster onto the top turnbuckle. Wow.

Generico is one of the best pure babyfaces in the industry. Really fun in the ring too.

Someone link a super awesome match for me to watch.

Sure, here's a few good recent ones;

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hirooki Goto - (NJPW 05/03/12)

Prince Devitt vs PAC - (NJPW 06/06/12)

Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo - (AJPW 05/27/12)

XenoRaven said:

Yeah, Generico is so damn amazing, he's been consistently awesome for about 3 years now. Loved the match with Ibushi, that huge Michinoku Driver he hit on Ibushi was nuts.

Top Bottom