• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Most looking forward to Bryan vs Kane and Jericho vs Ziggler, really not fussed about anything else. The WWE Title match is made so much worse for Big Shoe's inclusion, while something tells me that Brock vs HHH won't be as enjoyable as the match from Extreme Rules. Also, while I couldn't care less about seeing Santino wrestle, Cesaro capturing the US title and turning it into the European title will be epic.

Unrelated, but awesome;

iGhaEiv11S3rY.gif

Laserfrog

The first match of the actual PPV called
summerslam.png

as predicted by Fire Pro Wrestling

EKLBv.png

Sdb4x.png

Young starts well against R-Truth.

1tfwf.png

But some team works gets the better of Titus O'Neil.

XEcG1.png

Unfortunately a chair seems to get involved without a DQ!

CQ8wH.png
wgCRS.png

which helps Darren Young get the pin.

WINNER The Prime Time Players

RBH

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_santino_cesaro_SUN.jpg

Pre-Show: Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro for the United States Championship

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_tagmatch.jpg

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. Darren Young & Titus O'Neil for the WWE Tag Team Championships

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_miz_mysterio.jpg

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio for the Intercontinental Championship

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_bryan_kane.jpg

Kane vs. Daniel Bryan

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_y2j_ziggler.jpg

Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_sheamus_delrio.jpg

Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship

20120814_LIGHT_summerslam_hhh_brock_heyman_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_triplethreat.jpg

Big Show vs. CM Punk vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship

Entropia

No One Remembers
The first match of the actual PPV called
summerslam.png

as predicted by Fire Pro Wrestling

EKLBv.png

Sdb4x.png

Young starts well against R-Truth.

1tfwf.png

But some team works gets the better of Titus O'Neil.

XEcG1.png

Unfortunately a chair seems to get involved without a DQ!

CQ8wH.png
wgCRS.png

which helps Darren Young get the pin.

WINNER The Prime Time Players

Hahah, awesome! :)

Predictions:

- No brainer.

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. Darren Young & Titus O'Neil for the WWE Tag Team Championships
- Unless R Truth does another wellness policy violation within the next 9 hours, I don't see them dropping the belts. I do think though that the Prime Time Players should win though, but Kofi and R-Truth will win.

- Just cuz.

Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
- D.Brine just too good.

- Jericho will put him over, as he's been doing. Though he may get the win because this will probably be his last match this run?

- Thought this got canceled? Either way, Sheamus will win in 17 seconds.

- Triple H has to protect the integrity of THIS BUSINESS.

- I think it's time Cena gets the belt back, unfortunately. :(

Ultratech

Prediction time! Plus, I totally forgot this was tonight.

Given most things, Santino would be the likely winner. However, I do figure they want to push Cesaro, so he may actually pick up the win.
Winner: Cesaro

Before the whole AW mess, I would've argued that PTP were probably gonna win. Too bad they lost him and odds aren't looking good for PTP.
Winner: Kofi/R-Truth

Going by typical WWE logic, Rey would win. All day, every day. But I imagine they want to draw this out a bit, so Miz will win this time...plus, he just got the damn IC title not that long back.
Winner: Miz

Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
If there is a God out there, DB will snap and become an unstoppable juggernaut of rage and cunning. Sadly, my dreams won't become reality, but hopefully Kane will put DB over.
Winner: Daniel Byran

This should be an interesting match. I also assume they'd like to draw this feud out a bit, so I'll say Jericho wins round one. Should be good...plus, it'll eventually put Ziggler over!
Winner: Chris Jericho

Ugh...hard to even care for this match. I'll just say, "LOL BROGUE KICK".
Winner: Sheamus (*Prays that Ziggler cashes in*)

COO vs BORK! Everything points to HHH winning...though it kinda shits on Brock. So hopefully, we won't have another Cena/Lesnar match. Bork gonna make HHH say, "BORK PLS!".
Winner: Bork Laser

Has Punk had the title for that long? Man...
Anyways, signs are good that he's likely to lose it. Conversely, him keeping it would help things considerably.
Plus, there's no way in hell anybody wants Show or Cena winning. (Except little jimmies and Cena fans.)
Winner: Punk

Sokantish

http://i.imgur.com/3H4Xv.gif[img]

[spoiler]New page.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Don't let Kyoufu talk to you that way, RBH.

and the SS card isn't even that bad anyway. It has Punk, Bryan, and Ziggler. Seems okay to me. I mean sure, it's missing Dean Ambrose and Damien Sandow but you can't win 'em all

Hey now, that match was great, it was the ending that sucked.

Agreed. Posted a few pages ago that I watched it for the first time yesterday, and it was a great match. Just the Superman booking at the end that brought it down a few notches.

And whoever said it was a crappy card is crazy. The only think that was shitty was the build up. But then again, TNA is hit or miss with this aspect too.

Ydahs

I'm actually quite shocked at how well Sandow's gimmick has been executed. I still think he's a run-of-the-mill in ring performer, but that's enough to become a star in WWE.

Also, I think Bork's winning tonight. HHH winning at this stage with what's happened so far is just too damn predictable, even for the WWE. It's Summerslam, so I have a feeling it's going to set the stage for something bigger down the track.

Laserfrog

L5cNh.png

The second match up of the PPV for the Intercontinental Championship.
KCRqk.png
nIk5u.png

Reyrey and Miz seem evenly matched now that Mysterio has miraculously lost weight and toned up, he hasn't looked this good since his WCW days!

DKXfK.png

Mysterio is in good form back to wowing the crowds with his high-flying ways of yesteryear.

tkgmf.png

The Miz regains some composure after Mysterio's display of anti-ageing antics.

Ze9Nq.png

But it's for naught as Reyrey gets the hurricanrana!

DDRgD.png
WxaNI.png

Pinning The Miz with the small package.

THE WINNER AND NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION Rey Mysterio

And now for a thrilling intermission as I play some more sleepy dogs.

G-Fex

Wow Leapfrog you do the e-wrestling thing way better than I do.

I would've streamed FPW returns if I knew what the hell I was doing and how to create guys and their moves and all that.

OK, watching CHIKARA 'The Great Escape' (buy it here) and the Mysterious & Handsome Stranger is such a great gimmick. So much fun, and with an awesome Texas-inspired move-set, including a lariat that would make Stan Hansen proud. I think a match between him and Matt Classic would be just about the best thing ever.

ibu1NoLPDUPlnr.jpg

Bleacher Report predictions:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edictions-for-summers-hottest-wrestling-event

The main thing I took away was WWE doesn't know how to build angles to generate PPV buys.

Also Bleacher's Top 10 Summerslams:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m-2012-top-10-biggest-summerslams-of-all-time

Some really good ones like the Owen/Bret steel cage with Undertaker/Undertaker card. Or the Henning/Hart with the Ultimate Maniacs vs. Sgt. Slaughter and his Iranians Iraqis. TLC. Sigh, the good old days.

Are You Serious? Episode 29
So WCW ruins everything?

I wonder what they would think of a company that hires a former NCAA wrestling champion, UFC Heavyweight Champion, etc for $5 million and manages to marginalize him and negate their butyrate power?

You could probably do a fill in the blank with the company.

Like hires one of WCW's most over attractions in the late 90s/early 2000s...

Vince being Vince. #Beastar

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow Leapfrog you do the e-wrestling thing way better than I do.

I would've streamed FPW returns if I knew what the hell I was doing and how to create guys and their moves and all that.

I don't know what it is about FPW's menus but I can't crack em either.

Jericho goes over Ziggler but then Ziggler comes out later in the night and cashes in on:

A) Alberto after he somehow beats Sheamus playing up this ZOMG INJURY THING ZOMG HE SHOULDN'T BE WRESTLING!! *cry cry* Basically Alberto wins but Sheamus gets up and kicks him in the head after the match cue I'M HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD....

B) Variation of the other one, Sheamus beats Alberto but is so badly injured BEFORE THE MATCH, DURING AND AFTERWARDS BY A DASTARDLY ARMBAR ATTACK or whatever. Cue I'M HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD....

I'd like Ziggler to go over Sheamus but if they rate Alberto as 'higher up' then he might beat him in one of their ridiculous protection things then he'll be the one who has to job to Zigglers. Either way I'm thinking the ground work has been laid for a whaaa whaa Sheamus was injured its not fair he didn't really lose the belt loss coming up. :|

Top Bottom