• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

My predictions for Summer Slam

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_santino_cesaro_SUN.jpg

Pre-Show: Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro for the United States Championship

Winner: New U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_tagmatch.jpg

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. Darren Young & Titus O'Neil for the WWE Tag Team Championships

Winners: New Tag Team Champions The Prime Time Players

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_miz_mysterio.jpg

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio for the Intercontinental Championship

Winner: New I.C. Champion Rey Mysterio

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_bryan_kane.jpg

Kane vs. Daniel Bryan

Winner: Daniel Bryan

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_y2j_ziggler.jpg

Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_sheamus_delrio.jpg

Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship

Winner: Sheamus

Dolph Ziggler cashes in MITB resulting in him becoming the new World Heavyweight Champion.

20120814_LIGHT_summerslam_hhh_brock_heyman_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

Winner: By ref stoppage Brock Lesnar

HHH Will get his heat back at Wrestle Mania in the rematch.

20120816_ARTICLE_summerslam_triplethreat.jpg

Big Show vs. CM Punk vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship

Winner: Still WWE Champion CM Punk.

Cena hits the AA on Big Show and then Punk hits the GTS on Cena for the pin.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, that's a really good pick.
I haven't watched many matches with Warrior in them, but I think he put on a good show in his match with Rick Rude on the Saturday Night Main Event before Summerslam '90. His offense was fairly stiff, as usual, but he also showed some degree of planning as he worked over Rude's back and legs in order to soften him up for his stronger moves. There was also a nice exchange where Warrior countered Rude's submission attempt with a shoulder jawbreaker, which I thought was pretty smooth. Technical wrestling isn't really Warrior's forte, though, which is why matches like this or Savage/Warrior stick out like a sore thumb.

Rude and Heenan were great in this match, too - Rude sold Warrior's moves like a champ and got in some good spots of his own, and Heenan, as always, was a consummate heel manager.

This is an excellent Warrior match. Most of that is attributed to Rude, but Warrior held his own! Excellent find.

Laserfrog

YMKwl.png

The third match-up of the PPV.
askMi.png

JqRvD.png

D-Bry looked confident early on, managing to pick up Kane and hold him over his head!

Uru1Z.png

But that confidence is short lived as Kane manages to get Bryan into the corner of the turnbuckle and unleash some devastating kicks.

qbzPV.png
MmORJ.png

But the kicks take their toll on poor old Kane who seems to run out of steam. Leaving Bryan an opportunity to make Kane submit.

dBCtV.png
3Vhxk.png

But this only enrages Kane further, the big red machine viciously slams Bryan to the mat.

6qwNN.png
Fp0SM.png

All this is too much for Bryan and the capture card which begins to explode to the unexpected victory of Kane.

Winner Kane

*SELF HIGH FIVE

Well of course Kane won, he's enhanced by DDP Yoga.
On a side note why don't any Fire Pro games seem to reach Euro Land, it's just like not being a part of the WWE universe all over again.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I hate small images, and the clicking to make them bigger.

I also hate 100 posts per page

Keyser, I need to inform you that I am now the Michael to your Gob. You're the President of WrassleGAF in name only. Everyone knows I'm the real President. So get your pool table out of my office.

G-Fex

By the way, anyone who isn't me who intends to create next month's thread be forewarned that I will do everything in my power to disrupt, contest, protest, usurp, diminish, defame said thread made in September.

Is that understood?
jk

I can't believe there are places that actually take bets on this stuff..

the only sites left that allow American betters only have it for Wrestlemania and Summerslam (and maybe the Rumble). Though I do agree that betting on SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT(TM) may even be crazy to me, and I'll bet on snooker.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
20120814_LIGHT_summerslam_hhh_brock_heyman_HOMEPAGE.jpg

There's something off about Triple H here.

Is it the eyes, the heavily furrowed brows? wtf is it

Cause he looks fake.

that whole HHH is fucking CGI

What WWE haven't told us is that the HHH/Bork much is pre taped and is currently going through CGI enhancement to make HHH look more impressive in the match. Though it's kind of given away when HHH balloons to double his size and finishes off the match with a WWE All Stars style leaping pedigree with swirly graphical effects.

What WWE haven't told us is that the HHH/Bork much is pre taped and is currently going through CGI enhancement to make HHH look more impressive in the match. Though it's kind of given away when HHH balloons to double his size and finishes off the match with a WWE All Stars style leaping pedigree with swirly graphical effects.

Small scale testing is underway...

s98YZl.jpg

Top Bottom