• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

I wouldn't mind it for a "Wrestling Manager" type game. Say, a MicroLeague Wrestling 2.

Be the GM for Raw or Smackdown, set up promos, matches, set feuds or try to control standard fights for television purpose, etc. All could work with a "realistic selling". It wouldn't be a huge seller, but I'm sure there is a niche for it to do well.

Play TEW for Micromangement.

FPR, KoC2, or ASPW3 for a realistic approach on wrestling.

WWE games for more of an arcadey experience.

bangai-o

Banned
I wouldn't mind it for a "Wrestling Manager" type game. Say, a MicroLeague Wrestling 2.

Be the GM for Raw or Smackdown, set up promos, matches, set feuds or try to control standard fights for television purpose, etc. All could work with a "realistic selling". It wouldn't be a huge seller, but I'm sure there is a niche for it to do well.
THQ does happen to have a strategy game studio.

A bit more on Johnny's resignation and future:

The official WWE website announced Monday that John Laurinaitis had resigned from his position as Senior Vice President of Talent Operations, effectively immediately. He will, however, remain with the company as a producer assisting talent with their matches. His resignation is legitimate and not part of any storyline.

According to WWE sources, Laurinaitis had mentioned how exhausted he was with his workload, which consisted of office duties in Stamford, Connecticut and traveling to numerous events as a performer. The writing, however, was on the wall since he was quietly removed from the WWE Corporate website’s index of Executive Officers in April. Paul Levesque, Executive Vice President of Talent and Live Events, was reportedly never a “Big Johnny” booster and it was believed to be a matter of time before Jane Geddes, Vice President of Talent Relations, and Canyon Ceman, Senior Director of Talent Development, understood the WWE machine. With each element they learned, they assumed duties that belonged to Laurinaitis. Creative writer Michael Hayes had already replaced John Laurinaitis as matchmaker of live events and it said that he was taken out of the loop concerning developmental program matters.

The internal belief is that Laurinaitis will wind up back on television as a performer since most people are surprised that WWE has maintained his character’s firing. He is scheduled to appear at live events through at least September.

Laurinaitis was hired as a producer after WWE’s acquisition of certain assets of World Championship Wrestling in March 2001. When Jim Ross desired to move from Stamford, Connecticut to Norman, Oklahoma, he began grooming Laurinaitis to overtake his position as Vice President of Talent Relations. WWE chief Vince McMahon, however, made the switch without informing Ross first in 2004. Laurinatis was at one point one of the most powerful employees in the organization, and in 2009, was promoted to Executive Vice President of Talent Relations. However, when Stephanie McMahon took over Talent Relations and handed over the reins to Levesque, his power weakened and he was ultimately demoted.

The only person remaining in the talent relations department since last year, aside from employees working in travel, is Mark Carrano. Though WWE stated in their article that Laurinaitis was “burned out” from the position, multiple sources have stated that recent changes to the corporate infrastructure represent Levesque assuming control of certain sectors of the organization and re-shaping them to his liking. Despite his demotion, Laurinaitis chose to maintain employment because he bought an expensive Connecticut home and his family doesn’t want to move away from the area.

zvwhR.gif

HHH's burying knows no bounds.

Nice to hear that Big Johnny might come back to TV. I loved his character.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Play TEW for Micromangement.

FPR, KoC2, or ASPW3 for a realistic approach on wrestling.

WWE games for more of an arcadey experience.

All good games with good qualities, but not what I want.

I want managment, as in the television presentation of a Smackdown GM Paul Heyman rather than micromanagement of actual ECW cheque bouncing Paul Heyman. Also with 3D game play to watch the card go down, or skip if you want to of course.
Not that extreme micromanagement can't be fun, but it doesn't have to go into buying the rights to Cult of Personality for example. That and as I said, MicroLeague Wrestling.

I would be fine with King of Colosseum II level of engine being used.

As with what started this, "realistic selling" of WWE that isn't arcade experience.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go finish my break with a run of Football Manager.

Enfinit

Nice to hear that Big Johnny might come back to TV. I loved his character.

I'm honestly surprised they've gone on with the firing angle so long. I was expecting him to make an appearance at RAW 1,000 or the RAW after his firing.

I'm indifferent about his character, I mean he plays it well, but he annoys the hell out of me (which is what he's supposed to do anyways.) It'll be nice to have him back and causing shenanigans on TV again.

Knowing WWE, Johnny will be AJ's new love interest, they'll get married, and share GM powers.

I'm honestly surprised they've gone on with the firing angle so long. I was expecting him to make an appearance at RAW 1,000 or the RAW after his firing.

I'm indifferent about his character, I mean he plays it well, but he annoys the hell out of me (which is what he's supposed to do anyways.) It'll be nice to have him back and causing shenanigans on TV again.

Knowing WWE, Johnny will be AJ's new love interest, they'll get married, and share GM powers.

fYQwc.gif

G-Fex

BAW GAWD WHAT A SHOW

SHE-KANE BETRAYED MCNEI1Y

SOULPLAYA DOING ANYTHING TO MAKE KANE WIN HIS MATCHES

BEEF BEAT PANDA WITH THE HELP AND DISTRACTION MADE BY NET WRECKER

AND WILL DM DEBUT IN OUR WWE 12 SHOW?

FIND OUT MONDAY NIGHT

WE'RE BACK

SoulPlaya

more money than God
BAW GAWD WHAT A SHOW

SHE-KANE BETRAYED MCNEI1Y

SOULPLAYA DOING ANYTHING TO MAKE KANE WIN HIS MATCHES

BEEF BEAT PANDA WITH THE HELP AND DISTRACTION MADE BY NET WRECKER

AND WILL DM DEBUT IN OUR WWE 12 SHOW?

FIND OUT MONDAY NIGHT

WE'RE BACK
Wait, there was a show? WHAT?!

Anth0ny

You have chosen "push". Which superstar would you like to push?

You have selected "CM Punk".

Ratings have dropped to 2.9.

GAME OVER

Just thinking about that last sentence makes me dry heave a little.

I wasn't a fan of Laurinaitis, but he had a few moments of brilliance as a heel GM which made him tolerable. I'd be OK with him coming back, but if he does I'd also hope that he picks up near the end of his last run as a slimy, semi-competent manipulator, instead of the milquetoast, cowardly middle-management suit that he was introduced as.

I'm probably way off base, though; considering the details behind his resignation, there's a good chance that he may come back with a brand new gimmick, one custom-made as a personal slight against Laurinaitis himself.

bangai-o

Banned
You have chosen "push". Which superstar would you like to push?

You have selected "CM Punk".

Ratings have dropped to 2.9.

GAME OVER
New Game

a Divas matchup is scheduled for tonight. Kelly Kelly does not want to wrestle. will you still schedule her?
-no
Vince has overturned your decision. who will Kelly Kelly face tonite?
-Beth Pheonix
who wins?
-Beth Pheonix
Vince has overturned your decision. choose how long the match lasts. remember, too long can result in ratings loss.

Top Bottom