• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

If anyone is interested here is Daniel Bryan's new t-shirt he debuted at smackdown on tuesday. Spoiler if you click the link.

http://i.imgur.com/aZmFZ.jpg

I hate how they're focusing on this, whenever D-Brine's gone into the fans for chanting "Yes" it's always seemed really forced to me. I don't get why they can't let it stand, I mean it sells merch and it's not as though they haven't been fine with Cena being booed as a face for years now. Just seems like they're trying to strip him of everything that's made him over in order to fit him into the shitty crowd hating coward heel template which has resulted in the current climate of no heels being over.

tj hazuki

Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan at the top of the hour gained 521,000 viewers which sounds good but it’s still a deal where so many people tuned in at 9 p.m. out of habit that you can’t really figure out if they were tuning in because they liked what was on the air or it was simply the time they tuned in.

The stuff with R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Bryan and A.J. taking Bryan out of the ring for a psychiatric evaluation gained 274,000 viewers. That’s good for the time slot.
Daniel Bryan dem ratings

Kaladin

Don't expect to see Undertaker for a while.......

At tonight's FCW show in Tampa, FL, where The Undertaker was signing autographs, Steve Keirn announced in front of the crowd that Taker and wife Michelle McCool were expecting their first child.

G-Fex

Don't expect to see Undertaker for a while.......

that's crazy, how can undead guys have children?

This is just like Twilight.

all the Batma talk is getting me nervous. im not watching that movie till i finish summer finals.

I'm watching Batman right now Bangai-o

the best part is the final fight scene takes place ontop of that church after Batman crashes the Batjet

Even my GF who was barely paying attention to Raw scoffed at the comment:

"Well it was at WM where Daniel Bryan's current downward spiral really began!!!" or something like that.

Downward spiral? Really?

He went straight from that feud into one against the WWE Champion, who is supposed to be the most important person in the company, competing for what is supposed to be the most important thing in the company........ Even made the champ tap, was pretty close to winning/looked strong in the matches.

If that is a downward spiral wtf is someone like poor Swagger's called lol?

CM Punk is right about f**king everything. They really don't give a shit about his run, no respect.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You know something SoulPlaya, I respected you and your Kane obsession.

Not anymore.
Hey, come on. I still respect you. I used to live in Oakland (seriously), and most of my family still lives there (though, some now live and work in SF). I respect you vferrel. Remember all those times I helped you? Remember when I helped you get over your bazooka joe bubblegum addiction? Remember when I taught you how to tie your shoes? Remember when you brought me your handmade Kane mask, and I told you it was "pretty good"?

Remember, vferrel. Remember.

Honestly, if you're a big enough Batman fan to where you would actually care about spoilers for the movie, you will likely already know the big twists in the movie. They aren't too crazy like when
Vince McMahon was actually the leader of the Corporate Ministry.

Don't read that spoiler if you aren't caught up on Raw.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's not like reading a spoiler ruins the movie... And if it does you need some help.

Ruins no, but it does take out some of the fun for certain people. Some of us, even if we can guess what's coming up, still enjoy not knowing for sure it's going to happen. Wrestling fans of all people should know what that is like.

Honestly, if you're a big enough Batman fan to where you would actually care about spoilers for the movie, you will likely already know the big twists in the movie.

My main concern is about movie spoilers in a completely unrelated thread because one assumes that everyone has seen it at the same time. Me having been unable to watch said movie only hurts because I'm a casual Batman fan but I still plan on seeing the movie, and thus would appreciate not having bits of the movie (no matter how big) revealed to me beforehand.

somedevil

Here is the full ratings breakdown for Raw:

In the segment-by-segment, Alberto Del Rio vs. Santino Marella lost 261,000 viewers and you shouldn’t drop in the first hour because the idea is starting low because people forget, people should be remembering steadily through that hour. The Damien Sandow-Brodus Clay angle with Vickie Guerrero dancing gained 214,000 viewers. Daniel Bryan and A.J. in the office and the second clip showing Stephanie McMahon beating up Paul Heyman lost 18,000 viewers.

Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan at the top of the hour gained 521,000 viewers which sounds good but it’s still a deal where so many people tuned in at 9 p.m. out of habit that you can’t really figure out if they were tuning in because they liked what was on the air or it was simply the time they tuned in. The stuff with R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Bryan and A.J. taking Bryan out of the ring for a psychiatric evaluation gained 274,000 viewers. That’s good for the time slot. Kofi Kingston vs. Titus O’Neil lost 223,000 viewers. Randy Orton vs. Heath Slater gained 40,000 viewers. Chris Jericho & Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler & The Miz gained 51,000 viewers which is extremely weak for the 10 p.m. slot and only did a 3.24. Tensai vs. Tyson Kidd lost 34,000 viewers. The third showing of the Stephanie McMahon/Paul Heyman segment lost 246,000 viewers. John Cena vs. Big Show for the SummerSlam title shot with C.M. Punk involved gained 1,181,000 viewers to a 3.86 overrun. That was the best gaining segment in a while.

So Daniel Bryan equals ratings and Del Rio and repeat segments equal rating killers. Also, that final gain thats huge.

Also, a new podcast debuted that talks about Japanse wrestling from people who live there staring WH PARk from review a wai fame.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/32249:podcast-japanese-audio-wrestling-ep-1/

gurudyne

It's not like reading a spoiler ruins the movie... And if it does you need some help.

No idea what to make of this quote. It's a core component of any movie (that you haven't seen before) -going experience. Having a movie spoiled robs people of that enjoyment. It doesn't 100% ruin a film, but it does have a negative impact on it.

And if you're talking about this film specifically, it's the end of a trilogy. Its ending has even more buildup than usual--spoiling that would arguably have more of an impact on its enjoyability.

Anyway, hello WrassleGAF. Long time, first time. Quick question--does anyone else get AJ's theme song stuck in their heads all the damned time?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
My main concern is about movie spoilers in a completely unrelated thread because one assumes that everyone has seen it at the same time. Me having been unable to watch said movie only hurts because I'm a casual Batman fan but I still plan on seeing the movie, and thus would appreciate not having bits of the movie (no matter how big) revealed to me beforehand.

I'm a casual Batman fan and I haven't seen the movie yet and I went to Wikipedia to read up on the plot of the movie, it's honestly not something people should get worked up about.

Top Bottom