• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Hey, come on. I still respect you. I used to live in Oakland (seriously), and most of my family still lives there (though, some now live and work in SF). I respect you vferrel. Remember all those times I helped you? Remember when I helped you get over your bazooka joe bubblegum addiction? Remember when I taught you how to tie your shoes? Remember when you brought me your handmade Kane mask, and I told you it was "pretty good"?

Remember, vferrel. Remember.
It's okay. I forgive you, my friend.

orton_kane_hand_shake.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If there's one fan base you don't want to make angry, I'd say its the Raiders! They've stabbed people for less.
Show up to Chicago, lol. I lived in Oakland, still visit every year, and I'll say that Chicago is more fucked up. That's nothing to be proud of, though.

It's okay. I forgive you, my friend.

orton_kane_hand_shake.jpg
Thank you.

Greatest handshake in wrestling history, btw. That moment was 14 years in the making. Kane wore that glove for 14 years, just for that moment.

No idea what to make of this quote. It's a core component of any movie (that you haven't seen before) -going experience. Having a movie spoiled robs people of that enjoyment. It doesn't 100% ruin a film, but it does have a negative impact on it.

And if you're talking about this film specifically, it's the end of a trilogy. Its ending has even more buildup than usual--spoiling that would arguably have more of an impact on its enjoyability.

Anyway, hello WrassleGAF. Long time, first time. Quick question--does anyone else get AJ's theme song stuck in their heads all the damned time?
AJ's original theme is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzAAvBsyZoo

I hate how they're focusing on this, whenever D-Brine's gone into the fans for chanting "Yes" it's always seemed really forced to me. I don't get why they can't let it stand, I mean it sells merch and it's not as though they haven't been fine with Cena being booed as a face for years now. Just seems like they're trying to strip him of everything that's made him over in order to fit him into the shitty crowd hating coward heel template which has resulted in the current climate of no heels being over.

You think Bryan telling the fans to stop chanting yes and getting really angry and upset about it is an attempt by WWE to get the chants to stop?

G-Fex

alright alright everyone shut up about the movie.

I just wanted to say I saw it and Batman fights like Cena.

The end.

Lots of people in this thread feel that way, I thought it was the opposite but maybe I'm taking crazy pills.

To me it seemed like an obvious way to let him still be a heel character even when people are on his side. It's not like anybody stopped chanting yes when he asked them to.

It's the last thing I expected but I think they've handled Bryan incredibly well since Wrestlemania.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Samezies. We're pretty similar, Soul, but that doesn't mean that I like you. We're still squaring off in the ring.
Wouldn't it make more sense for us to pull of the old "fingerpoke of doom" routine? You fall down, I cover you. We stand up and hug, and laugh at everyone for falling for it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Anyway, hello WrassleGAF. Long time, first time. Quick question--does anyone else get AJ's theme song stuck in their heads all the damned time?

I think I would be safe even with how often WWE has been playing it on Raw and Smackdown these past few months, but now I have no chance to avoid it because my girlfriend made it her ring tone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

WELCOME to WRASSLEGAF and Team Batista.

You are supposed to be my friend.

Ezemj.jpg

So make sure you don't stab me in the back or ruin any title shots for me! Or else...

Tw08H.jpg

You think Bryan telling the fans to stop chanting yes and getting really angry and upset about it is an attempt by WWE to get the chants to stop?

Did I say at any point the fans would stop chanting it? I asked if it makes any sense for his character to want it to stop. If you honestly thought any of Daniels prior promos addressing how the fans shouldn't be chanting yes were excellent and built character then more power to you. Like I said before I thought they felt forced.

I don't understand why the WWE doesn't let wrestlers capitalise on the support from the fans they earn. I'd much rather Bryan bring up to Shamus that the fans chant "Yes!" whilst booing him as opposed to him hating the fans for no reason because it makes sense. It's no less annoying than the "Oh, I need to marry AJ to have her committed but I'm gunna have R-Truth committed right now despite not having married him!" bullshit to me.

The lines they feel they have to draw between heels/faces (outside of Cena) feels completely arbitrary for me.

McNei1y

Wouldn't it make more sense for us to pull of the old "fingerpoke of doom" routine? You fall down, I cover you. We stand up and hug, and laugh at everyone for falling for it.

We could do that. Then we'll get booed together but it'll all be worth it.

G-Fex

I'm with Sunflower, see we're in wrasslegaf for the business.

We don't care if you boo us or cheer us, we're here to make money.

So you Soulplaya and beef you can go on kissing babies and hugging batgirls.

McNei1y

Look at Kane's big man tits.

I wonder if I can get universe mode on WWE 12. if not I'll play super metroid

I guess that's who AJ goes for... people with bigger tits. I mean she was with Eve, yeah? eheheh

What's universe mode?!??

I'm a lil late to the discussion but regarding realistic selling in wrasslin' games I think while on paper it might sound good, it probably sucks in reality. As funny and awesome it was to see Rock broken in half after that clotheline, imagine having to sit through a minute of that, or even 30 secs, 20, 10. Count in your head 10 seconds, that's a long time where you don't get to play the game. We smarks might actually enjoy that but the general public won't, which is why Cena-like selling is the norm in these games.

McNei1y

FUCK THAT GAME!

what's wrong wit it?

In SVR '11, if you're pretty much out of stamina, you're guy will lay on the ground for 30-60seconds. It's pretty annoying but something like that could possibly work if it was making the game better.

Another thing, you guys take wrestling games for granted. Us PC-only gamers haven't been able to enjoy a single WWE wrestling game in ages. I haven't played a minute of one since the PS1 and I don't even think it was a WWF game, it was like this Japanese game that got released over here. Can't remember the name but it was good.

God if I had WWE 13 or All Stars I wouldn't play another game for a couple months easy. I can't even fathom the features and modes and custom things you can do in these games. I read a list of all the shit you can do and create and it's like wtf so much content. The graphics look like crap tho and is it me or is there perpetual Sin Cara light-dimming going on because the game always looks so dark in the vids I've seen.

Just googled "ps1 wrestling games list" and found that game:

[SLPS-00084] Touken Retsuden
[SLPS-00637] Touken Retsuden 2
[SLPS-01366] Touken Retsuden 3

It was one of those.

Anyway, next-gen consoles can't come soon enough. WWE 14 or 15 or whatever will be at the top of my list.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm a lil late to the discussion but regarding realistic selling in wrasslin' games I think while on paper it might sound good, it probably sucks in reality. As funny and awesome it was to see Rock broken in half after that clotheline, imagine having to sit through a minute of that, or even 30 secs, 20, 10. Count in your head 10 seconds, that's a long time where you don't get to play the game. We smarks might actually enjoy that but the general public won't, which is why Cena-like selling is the norm in these games.

I wouldn't mind it for a "Wrestling Manager" type game. Say, a MicroLeague Wrestling 2.

Be the GM for Raw or Smackdown, set up promos, matches, set feuds or try to control standard fights for television purpose, etc. All could work with a "realistic selling". It wouldn't be a huge seller, but I'm sure there is a niche for it to do well.

I wouldn't mind it for a "Wrestling Manager" type game. Say, a MicroLeague Wrestling 2.

Be the GM for Raw or Smackdown, set up promos, matches, set feuds or try to control standard fights for television purpose, etc. All could work with a "realistic selling"

That's a great idea.

Top Bottom