• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

McNei1y

STOOP THAT LOW

Wasn't that bad. Tom didn't Tout it to the papers....

1arva3e.gif

sorry this game is just shit

Reposting for those who missed it;

The free download over at IVPVideos this week is the Best-of Kurt Angle in Japan;

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8652?osCsid=172a6455e86c2970be88dabc53a699e8

Kurt Angle & Yuji Nagata vs. Giant Bernard & Travis Tomko
Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar
Kurt Angle vs. Kendo Kashin
Kurt Angle vs. Yuji Nagata
Kurt Angle vs. Shinshuke Nakamura

Also, results from the opening night of the New Japan 22d G1 Climax Tournament;

1. G1 Climax - Block B: Rush [2] beat Hirooki Goto [0] (8:02) with a Double-Arm Piledriver.
2. G1 Climax - Block A: Minoru Suzuki [2] beat Yujiro Takahashi [0] (8:05) with a Gotch-Style Piledriver.
3. G1 Climax - Block A: Karl Anderson [2] besiegt Yuji Nagata [0] (11:28) with the Gun Stun.
4. G1 Climax - Block B: Lance Archer [2] besiegt Togi Makabe [0] (9:55) with the Blackout.
5. G1 Climax - Block A: Naomichi Marufuji [2] beat Satoshi Kojima [0] (11:37) with a Huracanrana.
6. G1 Climax - Block B: Kazuchika Okada [2] beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan [0] (11:20) with the Rainmaker.
7. G1 Climax - Block B: Tetsuya Naito [2] beat Shinsuke Nakamura [0] (13:39) with the Stardust Press.
8. G1 Climax - Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi [2] beat Shelton Benjamin [0] (13:54) with the High Fly Flow.

Some real upsets in there
namely Rush beating Goto and Anderson beating Nagata of all people. Plus, NOAH star Marufuji going over Kojima, and Naito defeating his old rival, Shinsuke Nakamura

As for the NJPW iPPV on Sunday, we're still waiting for more info to be released. There's a US version of NicoNico, and hopefully the G1 iPPV turns up there, as I'm not entirely confidant about navigating a credit card purchase on a Japanese site. A couple of guy on other forums have managed it though, so if there's still no word on the US site come Saturday evening, I guess I'll try and buy it from the Japanese site..

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://deadspin.com/5930653/

I was in Sanibel Island, FL on vacation with my family when I was in 6th or 7th grade, and I was getting sick of the beach. I went up to the pool to grab something to drink and who do I see floating on a raft in the pool with blatant disregard for the rules which clearly state no rafts in the pool? Scott Steiner himself. I drop my drink on the ground, sprint across the pool deck (because if Scott Steiner can say "Fuck the rules," I can too...right?), elbow drop into the shallow end (also against the rules as I would soon find out), surface right next to him, flex, and, in my best Steiner voice, say "Big. Poppa. Pump."

He just sits and stares at me. I'm in middle school, so I figure that he must have been impressed with my form. He says verbatim: "What the fuck are you doing? I'm on vacation, go away." He then squirts me with a water bottle.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Virgil stories, as always, are gold:

This past spring, I went to a Comic Book show in Calgary. I always wear a New York Yankees hat, and I take alot of flack for it, and that Saturday morning I heard "Hey Yankees!"

I look over to my right... And there, behind a table, sat Virgil. I was BLOWN AWAY! Virgil was talking to me! Holy crap! I begin to walk over thinking "Holy crap, Virgil wants to talk to me". As soon as I get to his table, without skipping a beat, Virgil puts the "Money Dollar Belt" on my arm, and shouts at my brother, "Yo homie, take a picture!" My brother snaps a picture of this, and then, without hesitation, Virgil grabs an 8 x 10, and signs it for me, and then says "50 dollars little homie". I had no desire to pay the man 50 bucks. I got hustled BIG TIME by Virgil.

At the time, I was upset, then I realized... "This guy is at a Comic Expo on a Saturday morning charging 50 bucks for a picture and an autograph... I think he needs it more than me".

I paid the man, and it was awkward when I walked past him for the rest of the weekend.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He was super young when he first went to WWF. I mean, he came in at the same time as Rock, and he's only 1 year older than Rock

His looks betray him somewhat, I guess it helps explain his lengthy tenure in the company.
I may just rewatch him splitting Orton's wig for the title last year and remember this one run of awesome before Big Show went and took a Big Show on it.

Kyoufu

Just re-watched Raw. Punk and Bryan's segments were amazing.

AJ on the other hand. My blood was boiling. Even Johnny Ace was a better GM.

AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels vs Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe sounds amazing while the other two sound at least good. Can't wait to hear the stips.

That one should be very good, even if it will suffer the same "I have seen a variation of this match 278 times before" syndrome that Daniels/AJ had. The second one doesn't sound good, wish they would exchange Bully with Anderson so they could keep all of their worst bundled together and make the other two matches as good as possible.

I'd have RVD vs Storm vs Hardy vs Bully Ray and Magnus vs Anderson vs Pope vs Robbie E. Still, there's surely no way AJ vs Daniels vs Angle vs Joe will be anything other than awesome. And hopefully Aries vs Roode will be as great as their previous encounter, should prove to be a good PPV.

Kaladin

Also, I just noticed this.....but unless she means that the stipulations will be announced at the top of the second hour, Dixie messed up on the start time for Impact.

Kaladin

Ring of Honor announced the final team for their tag title tournament. The complete line-up is:

- Team #1: Jay & Mark The Briscoes
- Team #2: Nick & Matt Jackson, The Young Bucks
- Team #3: Ruckus & Jeez, The BLK OUT
- Team #4: The Guardians of Truth w/ Truth Martini
- Team #5: Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
- Team #6: The Bravados, Lancelot & Harlem
- Team #7: Rhett Titus & ??
- Team #8: "The Outlaw" Charlie Haas & ??

Shelton Benjamin is working NJPW during the tournament, so they ran an angle where he attacked ROH officials to get him suspended, and Haas is being forced to choose another partner for the tournament.

There are at least four teams I like in this tournament with The Briscoes, The Young Bucks, The Guardians of Truth and BLK OUT. This should be good.

Ring of Honor announced the final team for their tag title tournament. The complete line-up is:

- Team #1: Jay & Mark The Briscoes
- Team #2: Nick & Matt Jackson, The Young Bucks
- Team #3: Ruckus & Jeez, The BLK OUT
- Team #4: The Guardians of Truth w/ Truth Martini
- Team #5: Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
- Team #6: The Bravados, Lancelot & Harlem
- Team #7: Rhett Titus & ??
- Team #8: "The Outlaw" Charlie Haas & ??

Shelton Benjamin is working NJPW during the tournament, so they ran an angle where he attacked ROH officials to get him suspended, and Haas is being forced to choose another partner for the tournament.

They should just team Titus and Haas up as "Team Jannetty"

Couple of CHIKARA King of Trios 2012 announcements from the Director of Fun, Wink Vavasseur;

• As members of both the Swarm & The Colony were out injured, Wink previously announced a controversial make-shift Swarm of combatAnt, deviAnt & Soldier Ant, but now that more ants have returned to action, Wink has refused to go back on his decision, instead announcing a make-shift Colony of Fire Ant, Green Ant & assailAnt.
  • Sugar Dunkerton, recently returning from injury, suddenly found himself without a team as Mr. Touchdown had usurped his position as leader of The Throwbacks for King of Trios. However, as Sugar was still determined to compete, Wink has announced that he is now a member of F.I.S.T.!
Interesting...not sure whether Sugar joining F.I.S.T. means either Chuck, Gargano or Icarus are off the tournament, or what, and the strange mixtures of Colony & Swarm teams are just weird. I don't see either team working together. Perhaps they'll face each other in the first round, revert to Swarm vs Colony and both get disqualified.

Kaladin

Interesting quote from Vince on today's conference call:

pwinsider said:
Vince was asked about the creative front and being a little more on the edge front. He was asked if that was an intentional move. Vince said it's an evolvement and the writing of the shows are "considerably better." There are no subject matter they can't touch upon but have to do it in a more sophisticated PG environmnent. They can stretch segments without pushing it into PG-14. When asked if they took it too far into the "G" rating in the past, Vince responded "that was pretty fair."

It's good to hear that Vince even thinks they went too far into the G territory for a wrestling product. Maybe there is hope afterall.

Interesting...not sure whether Sugar joining F.I.S.T. means either Chuck, Gargano or Icarus are off the tournament, or what, and the strange mixtures of Colony & Swarm teams are just weird. I don't see either team working together. Perhaps they'll face each other in the first round, revert to Swarm vs Colony and both get disqualified.[/QUOTE]

i think one of those teams might win, cjhikara seems to be pulling this sotry along ever so slightly. quack ahs said on muyiple show she knows who the gekido are. im really excited for KOT.

What ever happened to Gargano going to WWE? As I understand it he's staying with DGUSA, but I never really heard why.
That makes 14 teams now so far, yeah?

What ever happened to Gargano going to WWE? As I understand it he's staying with DGUSA, but I never really heard why.
That makes 14 teams now so far, yeah?

He turned them down apparently, which isn't unprecedented (Bryan stayed on the indies a year or two longer than he necessarily had to), or there never was a solid offer in the first place. Or, perhaps Gargano didn't want a developmental contract, only to end up in limbo like Seth Rollins.

And yeah, 14 teams so far, with presumably 2 more to go - hoping for another Japanese team. Team Big Japan; Sasaki, Sekimoto & Okabayashi, would be awesome.

slightconfuse said:
i think one of those teams might win, cjhikara seems to be pulling this sotry along ever so slightly. quack ahs said on muyiple show she knows who the gekido are. im really excited for KOT.

Yeah, KOT is going to be awesome, and I'm really interested to see where this whole GEKIDO thing goes. I could only really see one of those teams winning, and only then if somehow Soldier Ant turned on the Colony.

Toki767

So Impact is tonight...which made me think of something. When was the last time the TV title was defended? Seems like they forgot about it pretty quick after the whole "TV Title must be defended every week" edict. They might as well get the title off Devon if they aren't going to have him wrestle every week. Put it on someone they actually want to feature.

Jitters

PWPIX said:
- MVP was among the WWE alumnus contacted to appear on Raw 1,000. WWE officials, however, ultimately changed their minds on bringing him and other former Superstars such as Steve Blackman, Tatanka and Viscera.

HE WAS ALMOST THERE!!!!!!!

Interesting KOT news. I'm not sure how the whole Ant situation will work itself out. I would think someone is turning but why break up the Colony? Sugar on F.I.S.T. is just out of left field, Wink is creating chaos that will blow up in his face.

tm24

Some real upsets in there
namely Rush beating Goto and Anderson beating Nagata of all people. Plus, NOAH star Marufuji going over Kojima, and Naito defeating his old rival, Shinsuke Nakamura

Happy with the first round matchups so far.

As for Rush, while im pumped about him winning, Angel del Oro started off strong in the last BoSJ and then won nothing after the first 3 matches

Top Bottom