• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

What the fuck does Cena even think he's doing there? Because he seems to be bending Show's knee the way it's *supposed* to bend, while tugging on Punk's arm. WHATTA MANOEUVRE!!!

Striker

Didn't see the PPV, but by reading posts and other sites, hmm. Zigs and Jericho was MotN it seems, which was thoroughly expected. Sucks he's leaving so soon because these two could have a great series of matches and be entertaining in both the ring, and in promos. Instead they wasted Ziggler a while on the awfulness that is Brodus Clay, and Jericho with the equally awful Raw Money in the Bank match.

The WWE title event seems like they're pushing for a third title match between Cener and Punk. Meh. They need new blood in the main event.

World Title needs off Sheamus - he's a decent worker but his booking on him is atrocious. Get Barrett or Ziggler in and remove it from him. Del Rio is fine ring wise, they just need to stop getting him fed to the Cena's of the WWE in Cena, Punk, and Sheamus. He beats Santino, big whoop. God this roster sucks, good job Vince.

Aiii

So not worth it
IT'S TIME! IT'S TIME! IT'S PREDICTION TIME! YEAH!

United States Championship: Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro (Pre-show)
Winner and new US Champion: Antonio Cesaro

WWE Tag Team Championships: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. The Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil)
Winners and still Tag-Team Champions: Kofi and R-Truth.

Intercontinental Championship: The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio
Winner and new Intercontinental Champion: Rey Mysterio

Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
Winner: Daniel Bryan

Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Chris Jericho

World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner via DQ and still World Heavyweight Champion: Sheamus.

Cash-in: Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship:
Winner and new World Heavyweight Champion: Dolph Ziggler

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
Winner: PAUL HEYMAN'S CLIENT BRRROCK LESSNAARR!

WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Big Show
Winner and still WWE Champion: CM Punk

I've never been this correct before, all but one match (Miz vs. Mysterio) correct. That and the cash-in that never happened.

Yay me!

lol people think HHH is jobbing to Brock.

That's cute.

So... Who's cute now Kyoufu?

I'm proud to say I picked Bork since the f**king match was hinted at! HHH knows no one gives a shit what happens at SummerSlam now, its all about the revenge fight at WM or something that will now be an even bigger deal because oh woe is meeee I have to MAN FIGHT my way out of retirement for THIS BUSINESS to stop an UNSTOPPABLE MONSTER WHO LOST TO CENA BUT NOW ITS PERSONAL CAREER FOREVERNESS.

Also I love how the Charlie Sheen shit never amounted to anything lol, you knew it was going no where when they were hesitant to even mention it again incase he flaked out on them. Way to go WWE, it was always a good idea to possibly get involved with a substance abusing Hollywood actor..... what could go wrong!

Daniel Bryan would have broken his arm anyway. /heyman

Here's a nice treat for Monday morning, a collection of Owen Hart matches in Japan, featuring Owen's short run with the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title, a great tag match that sees Owen team with Steve Williams against Antonio Inoki & Nobuhiko Takada, plus, matches against the likes of Hiroshi Hase, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger (Keiichi Yamada) & Shiro Koshinaka;

Owen Hart in Japan 1987~1992

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x27815

ibV90A0nQ2zEN.gif

TOP OF THE SUPER Jr's 1988 MATCH;

Hiroshi Hase vs Owen Hart - (NJPW 01/04/88)

Antonio Inoki & Nobuhiko Takada vs Steve Williams & Owen Hart - (NJPW 01/11/88)

Hiroshi Hase, Riki Choshu & Mr. Saito vs Owen Hart, Steve Williams & Buzz Sawyer - (NJPW 01/25/88)

Tatsumi Fujinami & Kengo Kimura vs Owen Hart & Buzz Sawyer - (NJPW 02/01/88)

IWGP Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH;

Hiroshi Hase (c) vs Owen Hart - (NJPW 05/27/88)

Owen Hart (c) vs Keiichi Yamada - (NJPW 06/10/88)

Owen Hart vs Kuniaki Kobayashi - (NJPW 06/17/88)

Owen Hart (c) vs Shiro Koshinaka - (NJPW 06/24/88)

TOP OF THE SUPER Jr's 1991 MATCH;

Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs Owen Hart - (NJPW 04/27/91)

Some great matches there, but it's incomplete - I'm missing stuff from Owen's first tour in 1987, his 1989 tour, his Jr. Heavyweight No. 1 contender match against Liger from 1990, his TOSJ 1991 match against Wild Pegasus (**** ******), and his short stint in WAR in 1992, including a match against Ultimo Dragon. If I can find those in good quality, I'll add them to the set.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm proud to say I picked Bork since the f**king match was hinted at! HHH knows no one gives a shit what happens at SummerSlam now, its all about the revenge fight at WM or something that will now be an even bigger deal because oh woe is meeee I have to MAN FIGHT my way out of retirement for THIS BUSINESS to stop an UNSTOPPABLE MONSTER WHO LOST TO CENA BUT NOW ITS PERSONAL CAREER FOREVERNESS.

The whole waving goodbye thing was weird though. He can't be retiring with a loss, so what's up with that? He's gonna stay off TV until february to set up a WM rematch?

Maybe he'll cut his hair like Undertaker did and be all bitter and shit about losing.

Striker

Some great matches there, but it's incomplete - I'm missing stuff from Owen's first tour in 1987, his 1989 tour, his Jr. Heavyweight No. 1 contender match against Liger from 1990, his TOSJ 1991 match against Wild Pegasus (**** ******), and his short stint in WAR in 1992, including a match against Ultimo Dragon. If I can find those in good quality, I'll add them to the set.
Will watch. Loved seeing Owen.

ibV90A0nQ2zEN.gif

Ah, thanks for that Boot. Favourite wrestler ever, need more of his Japanese stuff. Found a DVD set by an indie group that covered the best of Owen Hart that had a few matches on it.

He'll be off TV for awhile, wrestling wise anyway. He knows it wont matter cause Bork wont be on much bragging anyway so people will just forget how much all this blew up in his face and how he tapped out like a little girl until his 'glorious return' to hype the WM rematch.

HHH will crush Bork and with it bury the UFC (in Vince's mind) then and go off into the sunset 'retired' until of course a new up-and-comer gets too over and needs to be reminded who the greatest is.

Starting the night after WM we're bombarded with promos about HHH's career and how wonderful the match was. These run for the next 15 or so years. Current wrestlers are shown talking about how respected and awesome he is, off camera unseen HHH and Vince are jerking off together.

jmdajr

HHH will crush Bork and with it bury the UFC (in Vince's mind) then and go off into the sunset 'retired' until of course a new up-and-comer gets too over and needs to be reminded who the greatest is.

Starting the night after WM we're bombarded with promos about HHH's career and how wonderful the match was. These run for the next 15 or so years. Current wrestlers are shown talking about how
respected and awesome he is, off camera unseen HHH and Vince are jerking off together.

Damn.....

Sounds awesome ! :)

Aiii

So not worth it
However, smh for the WWE Title match overbooking.

Okay, first off, if CM Punk is the first one to lock in a submission, shouldn't he win when the person taps out? Sure, he got help, but if Cena had just kicked Big Show in the face and Big Show tapped Punk would have won as well. Seems to me there's a rule for this.

I'm happy Cena did the job for Punk once more, even if it was done to set-up a rematch at NoC, but couldn't they have done that with the second ending instead of the screwball ending before that?

And what was up with Punk's act before and during the match? Was he trying to be the Macho Man or Hogan or something? Did those flashy colors turn him into an 80's wrestler?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So for those interested in watching something different, AAA has put up their biggest show of the year on youtube, splitting it into 3 parts and uploading one part each. Why? Because Televisa, the largest network in Mexico and home of AAA television, for some reason hates Arena Mexico and wont show anything taped there. The first part up features the Relevos de Locura 8-person match, Perro Aguayo Sr. being inducted into the AAA Hall of Fame, the tag team match between Joaquin and Dorian Roldan with Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett representing Dorian against Joaquin's team of L.A. Park and Electroshock. Fun show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv_Muc4igoc&feature=player_embedded

In a completely different type of match, there's this cam of Negro Navarro vs Solar 1 from IWRG. These guys basically go at each other with all sorts of crazy lucha holds. Fun to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4iHmkCA8gw&

This is super cool, between this and Bootaaay's new Owen Hart collection I'm set for Monday!

jmdajr

However, smh for the WWE Title match overbooking.

Okay, first off, if CM Punk is the first one to lock in a submission, shouldn't he win when the person taps out? Sure, he got help, but if Cena had just kicked Big Show in the face and Big Show tapped Punk would have won as well. Seems to me there's a rule for this.

They should have declared them both winners, but still WWE Chapmion. C M PUNK.

Entropia

No One Remembers
A lot of my predictions were wrong.

But, I gotta say, the ending was absolutely horrible. Instead of Brock going all beast mode and flexing up and shit... he just walks out with his music going. HHH then lays in the ring trying to get the crowd behind him to get himself over.

Soooooooooo stupid.

Wow you guys really hate Triple H.

He lost the match. He may well retire. I don't see a rematch coming, mainly because I think they are setting up a Brock/Taker 'Mania match (with nice symmetry in the fact that Brock has just taken out Taker's last two WM opponents). It was hinted at a few years ago and frankly I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Give Brock a few more wins and have Undertaker challenge him while having Triple H trying to talk Taker out of it. They are telegraphing it.

The rest of the PPV was meh. I like that they are setting up another Cena-Punk feud because frankly it's the most interesting main event match they have at the moment. I have a sneaky feeling Big Show is going to start feuding with a newly babyfaced Wade Barrett. I could be way off on that though.

Aiii

So not worth it
That shit was baffling. Restarting the match and keeping Show in was just downright weird.

I kind of get it. At first I was like, wtf, he tapped out!

But then I figured, the outcome was nullified because of the fuck finish, so the finish doesn't count and the match was restarted as it was intended, a 3-way.

In reality, they needed Big Show for the actual finish. Quite frankly, they never should've done the fuck finish to begin with, the ending they did was fine on it's own.

I think the whole reason of adding the fuck-finish was to have AJ on air. Which in itself is a good choice, because she got a nice pop and they did chant for her in the beginning of the match.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I was in the kitchen making dinner at the end of the triple threat match. All I heard was AJ Come out and say ".........restart the match".

Was it really dumb?

Kyoufu

I was in the kitchen making dinner at the end of the triple threat match. All I heard was AJ Come out and say ".........restart the match".

Was it really dumb?

The dumb part was the STF from Cena. He couldn't even apply it properly because of Punk's hold.

But it made sense. Big Show was the big massive giant they couldn't take down alone, so they had to work together.

edit: beaten

thefro

A lot of my predictions were wrong.

But, I gotta say, the ending was absolutely horrible. Instead of Brock going all beast mode and flexing up and shit... he just walks out with his music going. HHH then lays in the ring trying to get the crowd behind him to get himself over.

Soooooooooo stupid.

Yep, imagine if Brock had freaked out like he did after he beat Murr in the Ultimate and then got the mic and went on a rant. Would have been awesome. Of course the crowd would have still been dead.

jmdajr

Yep, imagine if Brock had freaked out like he did after he beat Murr in the Ultimate and then got the mic and went on a rant. Would have been awesome. Of course the crowd would have still been dead.

I don't know if Brock doesn't have any interest in picking up his old wrestling style, or he wants to play up his UFC style. Makes for some awkward matches.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not only did he lose clean. He sold the fact that he lost for damn near 3 minutes and waved and said "goodbye" sadly before walking through the curtain.

He really did make Brock look like a million bucks.

Kyoufu

Not only did he lose clean. He sold the fact that he lost for damn near 3 minutes and waved and said "goodbye" sadly before walking through the curtain.

He really did make Brock look like a million bucks.

Triple H is awesome now.

What is Brock going to do now? Go after the title?

jmdajr

Wait

wait wait wait

Mr. COO lost clean?

what

Brock worked the arm the whole match and Trips tapped eventually. No interference or funny business. Now folks are saying he did it just so the fans could feel bad for him, or Triple H will somehow win later. Whatever, he lost the main event event at Summerslam cleanly. But that's not good enough. Hey at least he won't be smiling and yucking it up on Monday Night Raw, I can guarantee that.

jmdajr

Triple H is awesome now.

What is Brock going to do now? Go after the title?

I guess people think he will face the Undertaker. Not sure how that will work. Supposedly they hate each other. Or maybe they've made amends and they'll just play it as such. They can definitely play it off with both Shawn and Trips convincing Taker not to do it.

So after Brock maybe Taker will still have enough in the tank to face Cena. That's the real Challenge!

Top Bottom