• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Striker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7dqPw--ZcE#t=6m24s

It's worth watching for the spot
where he destroys the cobra sock
alone.
Santino mat wrestling there a moment; remove the dumb gimmick he has and maybe he'll be worthwhile.

Aksana looking nice. While Cesaro I like, don't care for the rugby thing. Glad he got the title. Doubtful they do anything with him for it, unfortunately. Something with Rey or Sin Cara would be nice.

Entropia

No One Remembers
SLAM12_PHOTO_134.jpg

What is going on....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys will find absolutely anything to complain about.

I think it's a legit complaint - it only served to get AJ out there to remind people she exists. Even then they could have gone a couple of different directions with it, but they chose a weird one. It's just weird.

Kyoufu

I think it's a legit complaint - it only served to get AJ out there to remind people she exists. Even then they could have gone a couple of different directions with it, but they chose a weird one. It's just weird.

Nah it's obvious why they did it. They don't want Cena to lose clean while Big Show still looks strong due to the double team.

jmdajr

It's not that big of a deal to me. But I really thought the REF would declare it a draw and Punk would retain. Whatever, I thought Punk throwing Cena out on his ass was hilarious.

Sokantish

That whole thing made John Cena still seem like an idiot, especially afterwards when they rang the bell and he celebrated like he won. Why would he think he won? He saw CM Punk had a submission hold so I don't really get what he was thinking there. Or I guess I don't see what the writers were thinking there?

Aiii

So not worth it
What is going on....

I'm not kidding. Cena saw that Punk had Show in his submission and decided that instead of breaking the submission, he would slap on the STF, then Big Show tapped. The ref called for the bell, couldn't decide who won. AJ came out and spend 1 minute listening to Cena and Punk, restarted the match, Show got up, double chokeslammed both guys, pinned Cena for a kick-out. Pinned punk for a kick-out. Show got an AA from Cena. Punk threw Cena out of the ring and Punk got a 3-count for the win.

Striker

Nah it's obvious why they did it. They don't want Cena to lose clean while Big Show still looks strong due to the double team.
Stevie Wonder could've seen Big Show getting beat.

It's their typical Big Show booking. Prior to the PPV, week after week he dominants the title holder, and in this case both of them, and makes the commentators push that "He can't be stopped!" shtick. He always loses.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The reason AJ kept Show in the match because she was trying to screw over Punk. Duh.

Hence tonight she books the ME for Night of Champions, fatal 4 way between Punk - Cena - Bryan and Lesnar.

GO AWAY BIG SHOW.

Kyoufu

Stevie Wonder could've seen Big Show getting beat.

It's their typical Big Show booking. Prior to the PPV, week after week he dominants the title holder, and in this case both of them, and makes the commentators push that "He can't be stopped!" shtick. He always loses.

Stevie Wonder probably made some good money from Paddy Power last night.

My predictions were correct except for the main event. Didn't think Triple H would give Brock the win. A clean win at that...

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm not kidding. Cena saw that Punk had Show in his submission and decided that instead of breaking the submission, he would slap on the STF, then Big Show tapped. The ref called for the bell, couldn't decide who won. AJ came out and spend 1 minute listening to Cena and Punk, restarted the match, Show got up, double chokeslammed both guys, pinned Cena for a kick-out. Pinned punk for a kick-out. Show got an AA from Cena. Punk threw Cena out of the ring and Punk got a 3-count for the win.

That... is really bad.

Aiii

So not worth it
The reason AJ kept Show in the match because she was trying to screw over Punk. Duh.

That's nonsense really. She didn't screw him over at Money in the Bank and she didn't screw him over last night by declaring Cena the winner of the match.

If she wanted to screw Punk over there were plenty of opportunities to do so.

Kyoufu

That's nonsense really. She didn't screw him over at Money in the Bank and she didn't screw him over last night by declaring Cena the winner of the match.

Maybe they're building to that. She was all smiles until Punk brought up the proposal rejection. Then she went all axe murderer mode.

She'll probably book Punk in another harsh match. Fatal four way like someone said earlier.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Look man its the WWE it doesn't have to make sense.

They were pushing over that AJ is trying to screw Punk over theme again last night with that promo. Maybe she just doesn't want to make it too obvious because she doesn't want the board of directors evaluating her job performance!

I don't know why you guys are harping on the restart of that match when the WHC match ending was probably the stupidest thing in a while, and the fact they didn't restart it was mind boggling. The only way that ending would have made sense would be if Del Rio had won that way.

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe they're building to that. She was all smiles until Punk brought up the proposal rejection. Then she went all axe murderer mode.

She'll probably book Punk in another harsh match. Fatal four way like someone said earlier.

I don't see it.

Hell, the only reason there was a 3-way was because Punk interfered in the match to determine who would face him at SummerSlam. It's not even like she chose to have that match.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't know why you guys are harping on the restart of that match when the WHC match ending was probably the stupidest thing in a while, and the fact they didn't restart it was mind boggling. The only way that ending would have made sense would be if Del Rio had won that way.

They were both bad.

But the WHC was definitely worse.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

That is a good point.

Kyoufu

I don't see it.

Hell, the only reason there was a 3-way was because Punk interfered in the match to determine who would face him at SummerSlam. It's not even like she chose to have that match.

SO MANY QUESTIONS

TUNE IN TO RAW TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Aiii

So not worth it
Sheamus has been playing a heel for months now. This is not news, so nobody gets upset about it. I guess.

Plus, nobody gives two shits about Sheamus (or Del Rio for that matter).

jmdajr

Santino mat wrestling there a moment; remove the dumb gimmick he has and maybe he'll be worthwhile.

Aksana looking nice. While Cesaro I like, don't care for the rugby thing. Glad he got the title. Doubtful they do anything with him for it, unfortunately. Something with Rey or Sin Cara would be nice.

Hmmm. Not bad. They let him do a little more than usual. Aksana looking good but man those eyebrows :\

Aiii

So not worth it
Switching back to TNA for a second. After AJ made that awful stipulation for his match against Daniels. "If I lose I will accept that I am the dad of Claire's baby and if I win I'll get a test to see if I am the father."

Am I the only one that figured that on Impact this week they'll have a Claire's Baby on a Pole match to determine who's the daddy?

jmdajr

Sheamus has been playing a heel for months now. This is not news, so nobody gets upset about it. I guess.

Plus, nobody gives two shits about Sheamus (or Del Rio for that matter).

Sheamus has had some pretty decent matches, but I never actually believe he's going to lose.
He needs to go down.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sheamus has had some pretty decent matches, but I never actually believe he's going to lose.
He needs to go down.

It's not that he's a bad performer. He's just really bland. And the few times he does something, it's being a bully. He kicks random people in the head. He steals cars. He cheats to win.

He's a heel.

But the crowd just went dead during this match. And they were pretty hot from the pre-show till this match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I like Sheamus and his matches especially (he can really go) - he's not been a great champion. I don't know what to blame.

As much as I like Sheamus and his matches especially (he can really go) - he's not been a great champion. I don't know what to blame.

I think you can blame the WWE's insistence on vanilla babyfaces at the top of the card. Look at how much more interesting Bryan became once he turned heel. Hell, Punk too. Orton was a better heel. Christian was a better heel.

The one difference I will say is I never thought Sheamus was a great heel character anyway, but he's gotten blander. I don't know what the answer is. I do like Sheamus as a wrestler though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think you can blame the WWE's insistence on vanilla babyfaces at the top of the card. Look at how much more interesting Bryan became once he turned heel. Hell, Punk too. Orton was a better heel. Christian was a better heel.

The one difference I will say is I never thought Sheamus was a great heel character anyway, but he's gotten blander. I don't know what the answer is. I do like Sheamus as a wrestler though.

Sheamus can definitely make being a heel work better than being a face. I'm not sure which was the crowd would swing if Sheamus decided to protect Heath Slater in defense of gingers. Ginger Defense Force.

Striker

I'm in some belief Sheamus can work as a babyface, but the whole predictability thing with his matches is just bad. I think that's easily my biggest complaint for him, though that is not his fault necessarily.

ecurbj

I liked the SummerSlam PPV. All the matches seemed to flow together perfectly. This was my first PPV that I watched and bought since I was a kid (obliviously my stepdad bought them). The Brock and Triple H fight was drawn out kinda. Once 'H' found the weakness which was Brock's abdomen. He worked on that for a few but eventually Brock locked on the submission and that mofo Triple H tapped. And he was crying like a baby.

My boy Ziggs lost the match to Jericho. Who gives a fuck? He still holds the MiTB briefcase. I was expecting him to cash it in tonight in that Del Rio and Shemaus match but Shemaus didn't show any signs of being banged up.

So what does this mean for Brock? Will he be wrestling in the WWE more or was that just a one hit wonder and he is gone? I want the WWE to use him. I miss that guy.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm in some belief Sheamus can work as a babyface, but the whole predictability thing with his matches is just bad. I think that's easily my biggest complaint for him, though that is not his fault necessarily.

That's the problem with most any of the top guys right now - all their matches and how they play out are predictable. :\

There's rarely any spontaneity to their matches.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fantastic.

There won't be a rematch and it be dumb for them to do so. Fucking Cole, "This is the end of HHH!"

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? WHY?!? I DON'T GET IT.

It's the end of HHH. For a few months or so. DUH.

Johnny Ace is coming back as the new COO and as the executive vice president of talent relations! LIVE ON RAW TONIGHT.

ecurbj

The Santino and Cesaro match was awesome. Hopefully he demands the European Championship instead of keeping the U.S. title.

ecurbj said:
The Santino and Cesaro match was awesome. Hopefully he demands the European Championship instead of keeping the U.S. title.

Yeah, I enjoyed the Santino/Cesaro match too, I only really have issues with Cesaro's awful entrance music and his awkward looking finisher, also, Santino can wrestle but is rarely given the chance to do so, in important title matches like the one last night he should be dropping the comedy shtick completely.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't know if Brock doesn't have any interest in picking up his old wrestling style, or he wants to play up his UFC style. Makes for some awkward matches.

All brock is doing is securing himself 5 million dollars. Helps pad his bank account, pay his medical bills, pay for his kids' upbringings, buy a couple acres of land in the countryside...

he's a pretty low-key guy IIRC with a love for the outdoors, so a ranch next to a lake and some hunting grounds is probably what he's going for, and that'll cost a few million.

He absolutely hated the grind of the WWE schedule, so if he can make 5 million dollars for a few casual appearances and a handful of PPV matches, great.

He does seem to be having slight trouble adjusting back to "pro wrestling," but when you're working as infrequently as him and you have no plans to stick around, what's the point?

Easier on the body for him to go with the brawler style of wrestling (And matches with his UFC experience) than the grappler from his earlier stint, anyways. He's got enough health problems at it is.

Kaladin

Raw will open with Brock Lesnar tonight, they're also teasing HBK via satellite.

Also....

Continuation of Bryan vs Kane
Jericho vs Ziggler II
Del Rio making a statement in some squash match
CM Punk demanding respect

Kaladin

Meanwhile, on Impact Wrestling, the Bound For Glory point standings after this weekend's live events leading into Impact:

1) James Storm 66 points (6-2-2) 10 MATCHES
2) Samoa Joe 61 points (7-2) 9 MATCHES
3) Rob Van Dam 55 points (5-3) 8 MATCHES
4) AJ Styles 50 points (4-3-1) 8 MATCHES
5) Kurt Angle 48 points (6-4) 10 MATCHES
Bully Ray 48 points (4-4) 8 MATCHES
7) Jeff Hardy 42 points (6-3) 9 MATCHES
8) Mr. Anderson 40 points (5-4-1) 10 MATCHES
9) Daniels 33 points (5-6) 11 MATCHES
10) Magnus 28 points (4-7) 11 MATCHES
11) The Pope 7 points (1-7) 8 MATCHES
12) Robbie E 5 points (1-9) 10 MATCHES

I think everyone below Mr. Anderson is mathematically out of the tournament at this point.

jmdajr

Easier on the body for him to go with the brawler style of wrestling (And matches with his UFC experience) than the grappler from his earlier stint, anyways. He's got enough health problems at it is.

They played off his issues in the match. He was selling it relatively well. The blows to the stomach. I think he could still have some good matches with some other wrestlers, but they won't be wasting his dates with small time players. I think only Rock or Taker at this point.

ecurbj

You being funny or serious? Dude got fired for "inappropriate comments." It was discussed here pretty lengthy, I guess you missed that firestorm.
He must of did or said something again. Because the last time I heard he was going to get fired was because of the Kobe incident. After that he apologized and I thought everything was all good. And I didn't see him last night. I guarantee you, the PrimeTime Playas would of won the tag titles if AW was there.

Top Bottom