• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

G-Fex

soulplaya i'm kicking you and plywood out of the thread.

OUT

OUT KANE SUPPORTER!

you two can come back when you pledge allegiance to jeff hardy or Chyna.

G-Fex

I take back all the bad things I said about THQ and WWE '13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCQC4yFtk4I&

Holy shit. XD

8E7Vk.gif

Sokantish

I'm getting WWE 13 for sure.

Speaking of wrestling games... could anyone tell me what wrestling game I played like 10 or more years ago, it was for the PSX I'm pretty sure. I also remember it being 3D and not sprite based but maybe that's crazy. It had a bunch of wrestlers I never heard of so it wasn't WWF or WCW. I think it was a bunch of Japanese wrestlers but I really have no idea. It wasn't an import either because my cousin owned it and their family is way too stupid to even know how to do that.

I looked for PSX wrestling games on the GOOGLE but none of them looked like it, so either I'm really bad at google or my memory is completely terrible. The other option is I made it all up, I'm not sure.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Speaking of wrestling games... could anyone tell me what wrestling game I played like 10 or more years ago, it was for the PSX I'm pretty sure. I also remember it being 3D and not sprite based but maybe that's crazy. It had a bunch of wrestlers I never heard of so it wasn't WWF or WCW. I think it was a bunch of Japanese wrestlers but I really have no idea. It wasn't an import either because my cousin owned it and their family is way too stupid to even know how to do that.

I looked for PSX wrestling games on the GOOGLE but none of them looked like it, so either I'm really bad at google or my memory is completely terrible. The other option is I made it all up, I'm not sure.
Definitely sounds like SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role.

Hoarr

Neo Member

You sure it wasn't WCW vs The World? That game had like 85 percent Japanese wrestlers!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It was probably on N64, because I believe WCW vs the World had a TON of JP wrestlers. A -ton-.

It's WCW vs. the World. They changed all the names of Japanese wrestlers due to copyright issues.

I really liked that game. And if I remember, Ken Shamrock is in it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 was available to rent at my local video store when it came out. Maybe it was that even though it technically never officially came out here.

ecurbj

I played the shit out of Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy. God was those the best wrestling games of all time. Bring back Aki Corporation to make ALL the wrestling games. Fuck off Yukes!

The only Yukes game I liked that was great was SmackDown 2 and SmackDown: HCTP.

Novid

Banned
AKi was great but it took 4 games to get them to No Mercy.

Yukes was so-so but it took them 8 games to Here Comes the Pain.

I felt Yukes best wrestling game was the Rumble Roses franchise. That should speak volumes.

Hoarr

Neo Member
AKi was great but it took 4 games to get them to No Mercy.

Yukes was so-so but it took them 8 games to Here Comes the Pain.

I felt Yukes best wrestling game was the Rumble Roses franchise. That should speak volumes.

Thinking about this makes me want to go back and play Wrestlemania 2000. For whatever reasons, I cannot remember anything regarding that game, but I can vividly recall moments in all the other AKi WWF and WCW games.

Kaladin

It's time to put over new talent in the wrestling game-game. Lets give EA Tiburon a run with the franchise and see what they do.

It is already long enough, plus I'm sure you can find that online somewhere.

Yeah, I'm going to need you to work on September's |OT| this weekend as well. You're going to have to include a gallery of every notable luchador mask, with the name and a short, original, blurb written by you (no copy & paste).

Thanks.

Here Comes The Pain probably. I would say No Mercy, but they had those moments where you were playing as say Stone Cold, but clearly doing The Rock's lines in a storyline built for The Rock.

The Stone cold storyline from 1999 was available if you were the last person eliminated from the rumble, so you could also have your chosen wrestler talk like Austin.
And never forget replacing Big Show with Steven Richards for The Rock's storyline.

But yeah best storylines are easily HCTP, the faction, the one where some jobber pleads for a title shot, the one where your title challenger pretends to be your friend but pulls a Rikishi on you with a car/sledgehammer combo, so many memories.

WCW Vs NWO was way better than Vs The World IMO, it was its most basic and obviously nothing compared to the later glorious entries (games that actually felt like they were for us not just an awesome JPN game but in English anymore lol) but the form fun factor was still there and at the time never had as much fun 4 player madness before!

I really wanted to like Vs The World cause we were all OMG WCW but meh not even I could pretend I was really liking it. Wasn't until World Tour that legend was born!

Never really got into any of the Smackdown games, the first was 'new and exciting' but I think I gave up on the series when whatever one I was playing had Tazz come out and cut a promo about how TONIGHT AT WRESTLEMANIA ITS THE BIGGEST MATCH EVER while standing in a Smackdown arena lol.

That and they were just never as fun to play.

I think I'm gonna be dumb and buy WWE 13 just cause I reeeeally want to play Daniel Bryan and win some shit, I know I'll regret it but yea.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The girls look nothing like what they're supposed to look like.

And aw, they messed up his joyful "coming out of the cave" walk as he comes out from backstage.

The fact that Yukes even BOTHERED to put them in should be enough given their track record. I'm surprised how many people got their proper entrance stuff this time around. Maybe WWE put the screws to em

Top Bottom