• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Sokantish

Conrad I'm sure they'll have plenty of copies if you go in the store. You don't really need to pre-order something like that. Unless they give bonuses I dunno

DMczaf

tumblr_m94tkmusTC1rsh24co1_500.jpg

Yea if I was buying the game anyway I thought might as well get the pre-order shit too, its like Tyson and an ice cream bar shirt for CM Punk or something lol.

Think I'll just go in on the day and make sure I'm getting the cover I want.

I mentioned this to my GF but she no sold my joke cause she hasn't seen the movie. >_>

strobogo

Banned
I think the game you guys are thinking of is Power Move Pro Wrestling, which was a localization of the Toukon Retsuden series, which was the basis of the engine for all the future AKI wrestling games. I'm pretty sure it was the first 3D wrestling game released in the states.

Has Cena had any good feuds? Like Rock had Mick Foley, HHH, Stone Cold, etc. Stone Cold had Bret Hart, Vince, Rock, etc.

I still haven't watched Mania after the Luke warm reception (the ill will from Bryan/Sheamus and poor build up of the card).

CM Punk at MITB. Best feud in years. Still the best a year later.
Was it a Cena feud or was it more a story of Punk trying to get his due, his spotlight (his current story is just a heel rehash of last year but without the kayfabe promo)? Cena just happened to be the title holder and company man. And at that time Punk (who only had one appearance after the Pipe Bomb) seemed to be a frustrated worker, fed up with the company, the politics, etc.

Look at the the aftermath, we were more interested in if Punk was going to leave with the title, etc. not what impact would it have on the two characters.

strobogo

Banned
I enjoyed the Cena/Angle feud and most of the Cena/Edge feud. By the end of it I was so sick of them in any combination, but it was the most interesting feud of 2006 for sure. Cena/Batista was awesome. I wish it had lasted longer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cena/Batista was awesome because of Brotista.

It could have been Tyler Reks in the same position as Cena, and it would have been just as good.

Cena has had plenty of good feuds, but in recent times it hasn't really been the case. The only two I can think of the last three years are with Batista and Punk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAQYNt0NfOo&feature=g-all-u

i guess im late, but is anyone going to watch the majesty and magnificence on NBC Saturday? here the schedule

8:00PM
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT America's Got Talent

9:00PM
WRESTLEMANIA 28 - ROCK VS. CENA

10:00PM
LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT

Voices in the air

I hear them loud and clear

Telling me to listen

Whispers in my ear

Nothing can compare

I just want to listeeeeeennnnnnnn...

Was it a Cena feud or was it more a story of Punk trying to get his due, his spotlight (his current story is just a heel rehash of last year but without the kayfabe promo)? Cena just happened to be the title holder and company man. And at that time Punk (who only had one appearance after the Pipe Bomb) seemed to be a frustrated worker, fed up with the company, the politics, etc.

Look at the the aftermath, we were more interested in if Punk was going to leave with the title, etc. not what impact would it have on the two characters.
It wouldn't have worked with anyone else because Cena is the face of the company and never loses. We were all legitimately sold on wondering whether Punk would actually win that.

ecurbj

I know right?! Lex Luger slimmed the fuck down. It hurts me inside to see that pic. That's why I quickly bypass it when members were quoting it.

:/

Ithil

Video of the complete WWE '13 roster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_xP6Wim2BY

Those character models look god awful.

Edge, Wade Barrett and Zack Ryder are embarrassingly bad. A few are actually decent likenesses for once (Bryan, Taker and Otunga for instnace look ok). But the whole game is so dated looking, like the barebones areas outside the ring where the announce table and nothing else sits. Other games look like The Last of Us or Gears of War 3, this still has the same environments as the PS2 titles.

ecurbj

The roster isn't even up to date. I have a feeling some entrances are outdated. D. Brine didn't have his full beard either :/

strobogo

Banned
Is there another yearly game series where the graphics get worse every year? Some of those models are hilariously terrible. Paul White and both classic HHH are so bad looking. And Lita. And classic Edge and Christian.

It looks like they just ripped models from Smackdown 1 and 2 and threw them in this game.

G-Fex

I DONT HAVE THE NEW FIGHTING GAMES

BUT IF I DID I'D WIPE THE FLOOR WITH YOU BEEF

PUT EM UP BEEF, QUEENSBERRY RULES.

I'LL STREAM IT LIVE IN FRONT OF MILLIONS TOO

Striker

It wouldn't have worked with anyone else because Cena is the face of the company and never loses. We were all legitimately sold on wondering whether Punk would actually win that.
He still didn't have to, nor did he, do anything. He can just come out and present himself. The "feud" was between Vince and Punk moreso than anything else.

Cena's last actual good feud was with Edge, and that ended too far long ago. Shows how crappy this show has been.

Top Bottom