• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We try and organize a CHIKARA watch party every month but it's always just me, djsandman, and bootaaay. With KOT next month though hopefully more people will be down for it.

Yall been keepin that shit SECRET too long! Open the books! Let us apply!@

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm the last Agumon on GAF now. RIP Panda, come back soon.

I voted in Sunflower's poll, and read the GAF Observer. Good times.

EVERYONE needs to make sure they VOTE in the AUGUST FAVE FIVE. I know it's a little early but this is our FIRST TIME so let's get a good feel for it!

Reminder for new page - make sure you vote in Wrasslegaf's first FAVE FIVE MONTHLY

Hey guys. First off, good morning. Secondly, I've opened the floodgates - vote for your Fave Five for August, to show in the September OT (assuming whoever makes it will want the results in the Sept OT) - here's the point readout and how it'll calculate. It's not rocket science.

Fave Five:
#1: 10 points
#2: 7 points
#3: 5 points
#4: 3 points
#5: 1 point

Just fill out this form and I will calculate everything - unless it does it automatically, which is bitchin'! Just put names, no need for a long writeup. This is the start of a new era in Wrasslegaf, we're GAFACTIVE!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ue&formkey=dFpnQUdoQWVTQ2s3cEFNMkVPRGxfM0E6MQ

FYI dupe entries are auto-discarded based on IP. If anyone has a special situation where 2 members are posting from the same IP, let me know because it auto-discards.

XenoRaven

EVERYONE needs to make sure they VOTE in the AUGUST FAVE FIVE. I know it's a little early but this is our FIRST TIME so let's get a good feel for it!

Reminder for new page - make sure you vote in Wrasslegaf's first FAVE FIVE MONTHLY

Hey guys. First off, good morning. Secondly, I've opened the floodgates - vote for your Fave Five for August, to show in the September OT (assuming whoever makes it will want the results in the Sept OT) - here's the point readout and how it'll calculate. It's not rocket science.

Fave Five:
#1: 10 points
#2: 7 points
#3: 5 points
#4: 3 points
#5: 1 point

Just fill out this form and I will calculate everything - unless it does it automatically, which is bitchin'! Just put names, no need for a long writeup. This is the start of a new era in Wrasslegaf, we're GAFACTIVE!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ue&formkey=dFpnQUdoQWVTQ2s3cEFNMkVPRGxfM0E6MQ

FYI dupe entries are auto-discarded based on IP. If anyone has a special situation where 2 members are posting from the same IP, let me know because it auto-discards.
Doesn't look like I can do it at work. I'll do mine when I get home.

Kaladin

RXyQ5.jpg

Further progress.

XenoRaven

Ok so what is King of Trios exactly? Are these people actually wrestling? I would normally assume they are, but considering X-Pac was unable to jump and do a DX crotch chop at the same time on RAW 1000, I am kind of led to believe it's something else.

G-Fex

Ok so what is King of Trios exactly? Are these people actually wrestling? I would normally assume they are, but considering X-Pac was unable to jump and do a DX crotch chop at the same time on RAW 1000, I am kind of led to believe it's something else.

They'll use a stunt X-pac naturally.

Kaladin

They're all actually wrestling. X-Pac was awesome last year reprising the 1-2-3 Kid. It's that Aldo Montoya guy you should be worried about. No one has seen him since 1997 and who knows what the indie scene is like in his home country.

I might include a joke trio or two into the OP.

Edit: KOT is 16 teams of trios so there are usually a total of 48 wrestlers in the event....however this year, because Chikara has a dumbass for a Director of Fun, we have 49 wrestlers.

XenoRaven

They're all actually wrestling. X-Pac was awesome last year reprising the 1-2-3 Kid. It's that Aldo Montoya guy you should be worried about. No one has seen him since 1997 and who knows what the indie scene is like in his home country.

I might include a joke trio or two into the OP.

Edit: KOT is 16 teams of trios so there are usually a total of 48 wrestlers in the event....however this year, because Chikara has a dumbass for a Director of Fun, we have 49 wrestlers.
I see. Can he still do a spin kick? I feel this is very important.

EDIT: Wait...there is a position of employment at Chikara with the title "Director of Fun"?

G-Fex

Does that make me Bobby Roode and you old man Steve?

Man I watched that Brown Bag special video again, trying to get myself hyped for it to come in the mail for me. I'm hoping I get a

-Velvet Sky or Hulkster or Stinger Banner.
-Sting action figure or Jeff Hardy or Hulk figure.
-Sting DVD, or Jeff Hardy DVD or Abyss DVD or a good TNA PPV dvds.
-a Sting T-shirt, a Kurt Angle T-shirt, a Bully Ray shirt, a Jeff Hardy shirt, a Abyss shirt, or RVD shirt.

Kaladin

Whew....got the King of Trios part of the post done.....it was tough finding youtube videos for some of the performers but I got them all. Some are best of clips, some are promos and some are full matches. Should be a good way to introduce any newcomers to the 49 wrestlers competing that weekend.

Jitters

I hate how fucked up the WWE brand extension is. It was such a great idea in the beginning. It allowed them to creat twice as many stars. You had HBK, HHH, Jericho, and such on Raw ; Brock, Angle, Taker, and such on Smackdown. That not even counting the excellent mid-card.

Came to post everything was dumb on Raw cept Bork, D-Bry and Kaitlyn (whoo!)

katlhaters.gif
<3 <3 <3

I had to go make debt last year because the bank wouldn't give me a home-loan. Reason for denial : You have no credit record and have never owed anyone shit, you're a risk. I took out a $2000 loan paid it back over 6 months, now they are jumping over each other to give me loans lol
Every now and then if you get a loan and pay it off fast doesn't that make your credit better?? (i remember hearing that somewhere)

ohh shit i missed that lol

strobogo

Banned
I think the only that'd make us feel better (well me at least)

watching old wrestling matches, classic ones.

Gosh I wish Stro was on.

I am here. Who are we talking about today? The awesomeness of Barry Windham? Or in general how great 1992 WCW was? Every month should be Randy Savage month. No one gives a fuck about Dean Ambrosia, Kane, or HHH. It's all about the Macho Man. Always and forever. It makes me sad that there was never a Barry vs Macho match. That would have been awesome, even in Barry's down periods.

http://youtu.be/rgq7LPF3Qfw
http://youtu.be/Xi17PUqz3nQ

My favorite Savage/Flair match, The GAB 1995. On father's day, with Angelo Poffo in Randy's corner.
http://youtu.be/iGWWSiZLE7U

Top Bottom