• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

RBH

20120817_LIGHT_raw_dominic_C.jpg

Actor Dominic Monaghan will be right alongside the rest of the WWE Universe next week, tweeting about the action of Raw as he serves as WWE’s official Social Media Ambassador.

Best known for his role in the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy, Monaghan stars this summer in the WWE Studios apocalyptic thriller “The Day,” which opens in theaters Aug. 29. But next Monday, Aug. 27, he’ll keep the passionate WWE fans up to speed with his thoughts on all the excitement of WWE’s flagship show!
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/dominic-monaghan-social-media-ambassador-26046294

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Guys it's been a full day and I just...I....WHAT TH FUCK HAPPENED TO LEX LUGER?!?
Went years abusing drugs, had a spinal stroke that paralyzed him, became a born again Christian and got his life together. He seems to be doing much better now, as he's gained back much of his mobility.

Hoarr

Neo Member
I have no recollection of Bret Hart in WCW at all. I mean, I've seen the El Dandy video on Youtube but aside from that, I couldn't tell you anything about him.

All I want to know is, did he get Sting in the Sharpshooter or vice versa?

Yup. They had more than one match against each other, but nothing real epic. Going by memory, here are the highlights of Bret Hart's WCW career:

- Wore a steel-plate under his shirt and knocked Goldberg out when he attempted a spear
- He became one of the main guys of nWo 2000 - the black and silver version
- Won the WCW World Heavyweight Title at Mayhem 1999
- Had an amazing tribute match to Owen Hart against Chris Benoit
- His match against Goldberg at Starrcade 1999 led to his retirement due to several concussions that occurred throughout the match that went untreated

I would buy the fuck out of an NWO credit card.

And this:

tumblr_m8997fkmB01r15h74o1_1280.png

would be my avatar if there was no text all over it. Awesome picture.

Wikipedia said:
LamePro (discontinued in 2007)

Every April as an April Fools' Day prank, GamePro prints a 2-5 page satirical spoof of their magazine named LamePro, which is a pun version of GamePro's own official title. This spoof contains humorous prank game titles, parody presentations and funny newslines, similar to The Onion. Many other game magazines have since been the subject of the jokes by LamePro.
Lamepro, however, is not without its own controversy. While some game magazine readers have seen LamePro as something to laugh at themselves and each other, some other readers may have been outraged and very offended at the types of jokes that it presents. In 2000, a spoof ad in the satire made reference to a then newer (and short-lived) game magazine called "Incite: Video Games". At an industry charity auction, Incite bid and won on advertising space within GamePro; in the spirit of charity, GamePro agreed to advertise its own competition, even though it could be considered vaguely tasteless (a mailman delivering a copy of Incite to a female's door, with the legend "It must be that time of the month"). However, in the next LamePro, a fake ad for a magazine named "In spite" was used as bird-cage lining, with the white-background ad saying "You get what you pay for," making reference to the first Incite issue costing 99 cents on newsstands. The following month, Incite responded in their Letters To The Editor section, spouting off in their subwords "Get it, GamePROSE," and many supposed fans of their magazine defending them against the spoof ad. During the remainder of the magazine's 10-month lifespan, Incite ran the "GamePROSE" quote in every issue.

strobogo

Banned
Bret's WCW run was such a downer ending to his career. He went from the hottest guy in wrestling to being just another ex-WWF guy right away. I think that his first title match was for the TV Championship 9 months into his run. He should have immediately been in the WCW Championship race. Vince gift wrapped the hottest star in wrestling fresh off the most controversial event in wrestling history and they did nothing with him. His championship win was 2 years over due, and by that point WCW was a sinking ship anyway. And then he gets injured and it is all over.

The only highlights of his run were the metal plate spear, the El Dandy promo, and the Owen tribute match. He was a midcarder for most of that run. So crazy. And what is even more weird is that he had creative control, but it sure doesn't seem like he ever used it. I don't think he gave a fuck about wrestling that entire time.

Bret's WCW run was such a downer ending to his career. He went from the hottest guy in wrestling to being just another ex-WWF guy right away. I think that his first title match was for the TV Championship 9 months into his run. He should have immediately been in the WCW Championship race. Vince gift wrapped the hottest star in wrestling fresh off the most controversial event in wrestling history and they did nothing with him. His championship win was 2 years over due, and by that point WCW was a sinking ship anyway. And then he gets injured and it is all over.

The only highlights of his run were the metal plate spear, the El Dandy promo, and the Owen tribute match. He was a midcarder for most of that run. So crazy. And what is even more weird is that he had creative control, but it sure doesn't seem like he ever used it. I don't think he gave a fuck about wrestling that entire time.

:(

You know what the worst part is? I bet DMczaf and his pack of Shawn Michaels goons were loving every minute of it. Damned Snow Globe Kliq, to think they were the face of wrestling fans on gaf for so long.

F them.

Bret Hart forever!

Man, fuck Capcom. It's all about Tekken Tag Tournament 2 now.

GET HYPE.
I play like a three year old whenever I touch a 3D fighter. I'll check it out, though. :lol

*rubs chin* 14.99 huh?

to watch me fight Spindashing in the match of the year? Once in a lifetime?

Awful tempting..

it'd be unfair for you, I have a secret weapon, I have a USB saturn controller.
Well, I play on an arcade stick. :)

Just get on PC you nerd!
My PC is too crappy to run any games unfortunately.

NO MERCY of KENTA and Maybach Taniguchi will challenge Samoa Joe & Magnus for the GHC Heavyweight Tag Championships on Pro-Wrestling NOAH's October 8th show.

KENTA vs Joe? Oh my.

Also, 3S is the forever best. I main everyone. Ibuki, Elena, Q, Necro...everyone except Oro.

Sokantish

My PC is too crappy to run any games unfortunately.

You should download the benchmark if you can. I'm pretty sure SSF4 has some of the lowest requirements ever.

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz and up
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 and up supported (operation on-board is not guaranteed)
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 and up (except for NVIDIA GeForce 7300), VRAM: 256MB and up (operation sharing with main memory is not guaranteed) or ATI Radeon X1600 and up VRAM: 256MB and up.
Hard Drive: 4.5 GB free hard drive space

Paige is top tier, I wish Divas could actually amount to something interesting in WWE so I could hold out hope for her.

In other news, I've had Madison Rayne's theme stuck in my head for hours.

You're crazy man.

I may be one of the few to be around when SF2 was in the arcades...CE WAS great, Hyperfighting was awesome. ST YES!!

I even remember the rainbow edition where everyone spammed the sonic booms, the fireballs and change character during the game..

E: Also Wrestlefest...I always pick Demolition for my tag team. Macho Man for the Rumble

G-Fex

I may be one of the few to be around when SF2 was in the arcades...CE WAS great, Hyperfighting was awesome. ST YES!!

I even remember the rainbow edition where everyone spammed the sonic booms, the fireballs and change character during the game..

Son I was there when only SF1 was available.

Don't talk to me about firsts.

I was THERE when SF2 debuted.

I PUT THAT MOTHERFUCKER OVER!

Son I was there when only SF1 was available.

Don't talk to me about firsts.

I was THERE when SF2 debuted.

I PUT THAT MOTHERFUCKER OVER!

Must of been a sore right hand after punching on them buttons. LOL
..And the huge cabinet with the big speakers. Ah memories of the arcades..

G-Fex

Must of been a sore right hand after punching on them buttons. LOL
..And the huge cabinet with the big speakers. Ah memories of the arcades..

YES, I CAN SAY THAT I PLAYED THE PRESSURE BUTTON VERSION OF STREET FIGHTER 1.

Not many of you can do that AT ALL.

I was there playing GHOST LASER, Altered BEAST, SHINOBI, all the good shit.

The most you young doofuses can say you've played is DDR and LOL Guitar Hero.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Aren't you in your mid to late 20's like me? I was like four years old in 1987 when the first SF came out. I'd hardly call that "being around" when SF1 came out. :lol

Asteroids, Missle Command, Combat? Hang On, Space Harrier, Bad Dudes, Pit Fighter, Heavy Barrel, and so on.

LOL

E: lol G...Getting called out like Storm has been in TNA

XenoRaven

Thanks to everyone who dropped by my super awesome totally not related to wrestling in any way video game stream. I will have some free time coming up so I will probably be streaming fairly often until I move.

G-Fex

Thanks to everyone who dropped by my super awesome totally not related to wrestling in any way video game stream. I will have some free time coming up so I will probably be streaming fairly often until I move.

You inspired me Xeno I'm going to stream gamecube tomorrow, maybe REmake

Top Bottom