• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

:(

You know what the worst part is? I bet DMczaf and his pack of Shawn Michaels goons were loving every minute of it. Damned Snow Globe Kliq, to think they were the face of wrestling fans on gaf for so long.

F them.

Bret Hart forever!

What do you mean "DM and his pack"? Time for me and Guzim to splinter off and start Snow Globe Kliq Red and Black.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's Buff... He's the stuff... And the women just can't get enuff!

There's worse things to be then Buff Bagwell.

Entropia

No One Remembers
ixi80xpYaCC42.gif

Move over MamaRobotnik, SunhiLegend is the new god of gif making.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I actually had a wcw/nwo credit card. I had the Sting card. After it expired Capital One sent me a plain replacement. Technically you can send an image to CapOne to put on your credit card. Dunno if they'll let you put trademark stuff on it tho.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bootaaay, you love Q. Good man, though Urien is the king what with his battle napkin he wears.

Updated card for EVOLVE 17 on Saturday, September 8th in Voorhees, NJ and live worldwide via iPPV;

i0crzUrGaHlt0.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-evolve-09-08-12.html - $9.99

• Main Event #1
    • Ricochet vs AR Fox
  • Main Event #2
    • El Generico vs Samuray Del Sol
  • Six-Man Tag Team Action
    • Rich Swann & The Super Smash Brothers vs Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak & Orange Cassidy
  • Special Challenge Match
    • MASADA vs Sami Callihan
  • Non-Title Match
    • Johnny Gargano vs Jon Davis
  • SHINE Showcase Match
    • Christina von Eerie vs Marti Belle
  • Plus;
    • Jigsaw
    • The Scene
    • Pinkie Sanchez
    • Lince Dorado

Bootaaay, you love Q. Good man, though Urien is the king what with his battle napkin he wears.

Yeah, Q's awesome, still not great with him yet. Not really a fan of Urien though - Ibuki's probably my favourite, but she doesn't take much punishment, so I often default back to Chun Li :p

Smackdown spoilers:

Randy Orton will face Alberto Del Rio to determine the No. 1 contender to the World Hvt. Championship.

1. Ryback defeated Jinder Mahal.

2. WWE Divas Champion Layla defeated Alicia Fox.

3. Heath Slater defeated Sin Cara when Cody Rhodes interfered.

Michael Cole is on commentary minus Josh Mathews, who is selling the Kane attack from last week. Cole has been joined by various guest commentators throughout the show.

4. World Hvt. Champion Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler by DQ. Vickie was on commentary for the match.

5. WWE Tag Champions Kofi Kingston and R-Truth defeated Epico and Primo. The Prime Time Players were on commentary. Truth got the win for his team.

6. Alberto Del Rio defeated Randy Orton to become No. 1 contender. Sheamus joined Cole on commentary for the main event. Sheamus attacked Del Rio after the match. Del Rio ended up getting the better of Sheamus. Dolph Ziggler came out and was going to cash in his Money in the Bank contract, but Randy Orton caught him with an RKO.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FYI voting is closed on the GAF FAVE FIVE for AUGUST. Since this was the first month using it, next month's will happen a lot closer to the end of the month since I didn't run into any problems. Just took a little work tallying and organizing.

I'll PM the results to djsandman. Thanks for participating - and the bonus question on there, your "Favorite Part of WrassleGAF" the most popular choice is a PERSON. Guess who?

I'll PM the results to djsandman. Thanks for participating - and the bonus question on there, your "Favorite Part of WrassleGAF" the most popular choice is a PERSON. Guess who?

Well if I had to guess it's either Bootaaay who everyone respects the hell out of or you skewered the votes in your favour Sunflower, nah I know you would never do that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well if I had to guess it's either Bootaaay who everyone respects the hell out of or you skewered the votes in your favour Sunflower, nah I know you would never do that.

Nobody marked me as it, which is fine - because this ain't no Polygon circlejerk, this is all about the community baby!

Aiii

So not worth it
FYI voting is closed on the GAF FAVE FIVE for AUGUST. Since this was the first month using it, next month's will happen a lot closer to the end of the month since I didn't run into any problems. Just took a little work tallying and organizing.

Boot ofcourse.

I remember when that was their HUGE Super Bowl spot, watching it live...

Man retrojunk must use some "I had sex with the actual videotape" filter to make it look like shit.

Yeah I didn't put much effort into looking for a quality one.

so about this King Of Trios, do we get to champion specific teams because the Swarm look awesome and have puntastic names.

Striker

Those spoilers are horrible.
ADR AGAIN?! NOBODY CARES WWE!
WHERE'S WADE BARRETT?!
ADR is fine in the ring, and for the most part, he and Sheamus have had good matches together. You could see them pinning this match up again by the way they ended the SummerSlam match.

A bigger issue I have is Randy beating him this past week. And by this show, why is Ziggler eating RKO's? Either put Orton in some title hunt, or job him out a bit. There's no rhyme or reason with this company.

Another first round match has been announced for King of Trios, and it's a good one

Nice! Hopefully Soldier Ant causes them to lose or something, as I'd rather Quack, Jigsaw & Manami get through to the next round. However, as Wink seems intent on causing chaos in this year's King of Trios, the Swarm might win I guess.

and the bonus question on there, your "Favorite Part of WrassleGAF" the most popular choice is a PERSON. Guess who?

That's gotta be...that's gotta be KANE!!!!!

iM7ZPbxgJyE5b.jpg

WHO THE HELL IS HE FIGHTING ANYWAY?!

WHERE DID WWE GET THIS FOOTAGE?!
WWE's new developmental territory, the dank, dark, depths of Del Rio's Basement, lord knows why Barrett was bumped back down there but he's fighting the upcoming talent who are also Del Rio's house keepers, it's like a grittier NXT to bring back LEGITIMACY to THIS BUSINESS.
I'm sure it's Lesnar approved.

ADR is fine in the ring, and for the most part, he and Sheamus have had good matches together. You could see them pinning this match up again by the way they ended the SummerSlam match.

A bigger issue I have is Randy beating him this past week. And by this show, why is Ziggler eating RKO's? Either put Orton in some title hunt, or job him out a bit. There's no rhyme or reason with this company.
As I said during Raw it makes no sense to be giving Orton these wins over rising talent especially as he's coming back from a suspension so you're not the only one bothered.
My problem with Del Rio isn't his in ring ability it's that they've been trying to make this storyline work since the night after Wrestlemania and quite frankly it's still uninteresting, draws little crowd reaction and over the course of these 5 odd months Del Rio doesn't appear to be in any position to realistically defeat Sheamus so why not just move on or at least have Del Rio get built back up as a threat elsewhere for a bit if they really want to go through with this match yet again.
On a related note Ziggler just looks like a chump with all these failed cash ins, I mean Miz had some failed attempts but they were nothing like this, if Ziggler eventually wins he's inevitably in the role of fluke champion.

Striker

My problem with Del Rio isn't his in ring ability it's that they've been trying to make this storyline work since the night after Wrestlemania and quite frankly it's still uninteresting, draws little crowd reaction and over the course of these 5 odd months Del Rio doesn't appear to be in any position to realistically defeat Sheamus so why not just move on or at least have Del Rio get built back up as a threat elsewhere for a bit if they really want to go through with this match yet again.
I can't disagree there. That's just WWE's pouty booking on heels.

Kaladin

Going into Impact Wrestling Open Fight Night, the Bound For Glory standings are:

1) James Storm 66 points (6-2-2) 10 MATCHES
2) Samoa Joe 61 points (7-2) 9 MATCHES
3) Rob Van Dam 55 points (5-3) 8 MATCHES
4) AJ Styles 50 points (4-3-1) 8 MATCHES
5) Kurt Angle 48 points (6-4) 10 MATCHES
Bully Ray 48 points (4-4) 8 MATCHES
7) Jeff Hardy 42 points (6-3) 9 MATCHES
8) Mr. Anderson 40 points (5-4-1) 10 MATCHES
9) Daniels 33 points (5-6) 11 MATCHES
10) Magnus 28 points (4-7) 11 MATCHES
11) The Pope 7 points (1-7) 8 MATCHES
12) Robbie E 5 points (1-9) 10 MATCHES

I believe everyone below Mr. Anderson is mathematically out because they're only getting 12 singles matches each so you can see how many are left per wrestler (unless they do another special match which hasn't been announced). They only have to be in the top 4 to advance to No Surrender where the finals will be held in a tournament format (at least, as I understand it).

It's still an open field since they have abandoned James Storm vs Bobby Roode as the BFG main event. I could see anyone going against Aries at BFG.

Going into Impact Wrestling Open Fight Night, the Bound For Glory standings are:

1) James Storm 66 points (6-2-2) 10 MATCHES
2) Samoa Joe 61 points (7-2) 9 MATCHES
3) Rob Van Dam 55 points (5-3) 8 MATCHES
4) AJ Styles 50 points (4-3-1) 8 MATCHES
5) Kurt Angle 48 points (6-4) 10 MATCHES
Bully Ray 48 points (4-4) 8 MATCHES
7) Jeff Hardy 42 points (6-3) 9 MATCHES
8) Mr. Anderson 40 points (5-4-1) 10 MATCHES
9) Daniels 33 points (5-6) 11 MATCHES
10) Magnus 28 points (4-7) 11 MATCHES
11) The Pope 7 points (1-7) 8 MATCHES
12) Robbie E 5 points (1-9) 10 MATCHES

I believe everyone below Mr. Anderson is mathematically out because they're only getting 12 singles matches each so you can see how many are left per wrestler (unless they do another special match which hasn't been announced). They only have to be in the top 4 to advance to No Surrender where the finals will be held in a tournament format (at least, as I understand it).

It's still an open field since they have abandoned James Storm vs Bobby Roode as the BFG main event. I could see anyone going against Aries at BFG.

11 Singles matches. No one gets to wrestle themselves despite the lies Triple H will tell you.

Also, Anderson is mathematically out because AJ and Bully have not fought each other yet and any possible outcome of that match would put the winner out of reach of Anderson.

Kaladin

11 Singles matches. No one gets to wrestle themselves despite the lies Triple H will tell you.

Also, Anderson is mathematically out because AJ and Bully have not fought each other yet and any possible outcome of that match would put the winner out of reach of Anderson.

Well then.....it is still early for me.

Del Rio is so talented with so much potential, but the writers are garbage at making his character work.

There is definitely also the problem where the title contenders are constant losers so no one ever believes they'll win. JTTS will never die in this company.

Enfinit

Those spoilers are horrible.
ADR AGAIN?! NOBODY CARES WWE!
WHERE'S WADE BARRETT?!

I'd honestly rather watch Randy Orton in the WHC title scene for the millionth time than ADR. Writing is such garbage in this storyline, all talented individuals with potential wasted on poor concepts...

Hey dudes here is the updated list for the CHIKARA party this Saturday at 2pm EST. You can buy "The Great Escape" on VOD at www.smvod.com hope more of you will be joining in!

All right Wrassle GAF were going to try and get this wrestling train moving by having a CHIKARA viewing party this Saturday at 2pm EST. You can purchase "The Great Escape" at smvod.com. This should be a good warm up for King Of Trios next month. Here is a run down of the card we will be watching and who is confirmed to be watching.

chikara-dvd-july-28-2012-the-great-escape-portland-me-231739969-500x500.png

-assailANT vs. Green Ant
- First round of The Young Lions Cup
Cameron Matthews vs. Kobald vs. Anthony Stone vs. Jivin' Jimmy
-Ophidian vs. Frightmare
-Icarus vs. The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger
-combatANT, deviANT & Soldier Ant vs. 3.0 & Gran Akuma
-Jakob Hammermeier & Tim Donst vs. The Batiri
-The Shard vs. Sugar Dunkerton
-The Heart Throbs & The Young Bucks vs. Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black
-For the CHKARA Grand Championship
Sara Del Rey vs. Eddie Kingston

Confirmed Wrassle Gaf members who are planning to watch.

BillRiccio
NawidA
tm24
XenoRaven
djsandman

If I missed anyone or your planning on joining in on the fun reply or drop me a private message and I'll add you to the cool kid party.

Top Bottom