• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kane should retire. Big Show too.

Still butting in that Kane vs Taker at Mania is a good time to retire. Have Kane lose in a casket match, have Taker go into a casket after Kane is put there, and they both leave holding hands from beyond the caskets.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Still butting in that Kane vs Taker at Mania is a good time to retire. Have Kane lose in a casket match, have Taker go into a casket after Kane is put there, and they both leave holding hands from beyond the caskets.

Buried alive and you've won me over.

Ever since I got back into wrasslin last year this is what I've been saying.

Kyoufu

Undertaker should retire now. I mean what's the point of 20-0 DVD if he's going to be 21+?

Enfinit

Well they already did a 15-0 dvd, look forward to 25-0 in the future.

I'm saying Undertaker goes 25-0 and retires. He's got at least 5 more matches in him.

But as far as a Kane vs. 'Taker match goes, it's really, really awesome on paper, however I can't imagine watching it and it living up to 'Taker/HBK entertainment value. It's an awesome match sentimentally, and a fitting retirement for both wrestlers, however it wouldn't be up there on the hype/entertainment (unless it was really, really well done by the writing staff).

Oh. Lame.

Well then I hope we see that casket/buried alive match with him and Kane. Too bad their matches were really bad in 2010. They were just brawls :(

A sad truth I hate to admit is that most of their matches are lacking, not to throw the blame entirely on Taker because at the end of the day he is the much better wrestler but most of the times they feuded Taker seemed to be either slightly injured (2010) or just in half assed mode (early Biker Taker). Now when both men were up for it like at WM14 it was great stuff so really 1998 was the much better time for their match ups.

Jumping back to those brawls from 2010, aside from Taker working hurt in the later outings and also just coming back off a break they also had to deal with the PG style, their match progression at NoC in particular was pure attitude era just not in an era where that actually works (devastating chair to the spine!), HiaC was of course another victim of the PG era.

If Kane and Taker went for it one more time unfortunately it would be like 2010 once more but possibly worse as Taker is really nearing his end and pretty much relies on spectacle and finisher fests to sneak his way to still looking good (yes I don't care for those HHH matches at all) and Kane's not going to be doing any better than his work with Orton, Bryan and Punk from this year and just lacks the Undertaker ability to pull awesome matches out when it counts.

I'd still buy the hell out of a Kane Taker rivalry dvd though and want just one more match.

If anybody can keep putting on quality matches into his fifties, it's the Undertaker. You could argue that he's had more quality matches in the last five years than any other time in his career.

You should download the benchmark if you can. I'm pretty sure SSF4 has some of the lowest requirements ever.

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz and up
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 and up supported (operation on-board is not guaranteed)
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 and up (except for NVIDIA GeForce 7300), VRAM: 256MB and up (operation sharing with main memory is not guaranteed) or ATI Radeon X1600 and up VRAM: 256MB and up.
Hard Drive: 4.5 GB free hard drive space
I'll see what I can do, but I did go to www.systemrequirementslab.com and apparently I don't even fit the minimum requirements for it.
klhrMl.jpg

I am officially challenging you, Spindashing. Will you accept, or will you turn down the challenge like that coward John Cena?
I accept. I'm free during the evening for the most part!

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ivnr2p

For those that don't have a FaceBook page:

I just want to say thank you to WWE, Inc. for allowing me to be part of an incredible entertainment experience. On Monday, I asked for my release and the company was gracious enough to grant my request.

I realized recently that being a Superstar means sacrificing certain things, including time with my family. As a new father, my heart broke every time I had to leave to go on the road. I didn't ever want to miss another moment with my daughter, so I made the decision to be a full time dad and hang up my boots.

I will miss everyone in the locker room tremendously as they have all become a second family to me. I want to thank my coaches and teachers that really helped me along the way: Fit Finlay, Arn Anderson, Edge, Christian, Kane, Jericho, Dr. Tom, Norman Smiley, and Billy Kidman.

I also want to thank my boys. You know who you are. Especially though, a huge thank you to Hawkins. You were like a brother to me the last year and I'll miss you and will always love you bro. I wish you the best and thanks for understanding that I had to go be a dad. When she's older, and able to realize what happened, I know Mia will thank you as well.

Thanks to all the dedicated fans of #ReksAndHawkins and to The #RekkingCrew. I would never have survived without you.

For anyone interested, I am currently the owner of an Internet Marketing Company that specializes in Search Engine Optimization, Pay-Per-Click, Website Design, and Reputation Management. You can find my company here:

http://www.localm2.com/

If you need any of our services, don't hesitate to contact me. And yes, there's even a cartoon on the multimedia page ;)

lol @ the ending bit

Entropia

No One Remembers
Probably some dirt sheet BS:

Apparently, John Cena is not happy with his current character and is demanding a character change. Last week on Monday Night Raw, Cena walked out of the ring which even puzzled CM Punk. The segment between Punk and Lawler was supposed to happen 5 mins later.. There was a heated argument between Triple H and John Cena after this incident happened. John Cena is not happy with his character, attire and everything related to it, as he is doing the same for 7 yrs. Cena wants a change in his character to adapt to the present changes and to get appreciated by the wwe universe.. Cena is not happy with the response that he is receiving from the wwe universe. He puts in a lot od effort and his work load is more than anyone in the WWE. Vince and Cena are going to plan things out and work out on this differences. So, this just proves that, its just not us, even Cena is unhappy with his character.

Source 1 - "The Wrestling Cafe"
Source 2 was the Bleacher Report but the article got taken down, lol

If it's true, we can expect this in a few weeks:

T42CP.jpg

Ithil

Wtf?the character looked so damn good on nxt,i hope he won't become the next mordekai,he totally should have been in the nxt gold rush tournament

He tore his pectoral muscle so he'll be out a few more months. No reason he'll be out, apparently the officials are very high on his gimmick and him, and plan to continue it when he's recovered.

DMczaf

Smark Ass Smarks.

If you think Cena hates his character and wants a change, then I have a new WWE title design I want to sell you.

Ithil

Probably some dirt sheet BS:

Source 1 - "The Wrestling Cafe"
Source 2 was the Bleacher Report but the article got taken down, lol

If it's true, we can expect this in a few weeks:

T42CP.jpg

I've heard talk like this for way too long. Cena supposedly was bored in his current character and wanted to change to heel in 2006/2007 or so, but was shot down. Since then I've heard it constantly, but I've seen nothing but complacency from him.

HEEL CENA
NEW BELT
PIPEBOMBS
NEW MUSIC

ahahaha, oh man heel Cena, funny stuff, definitely not happening. Though I guess he could feasibly have a character shift, still not happening.

Oh and Reks is gone? I can't say this upsets me at all but he at least turned things around somewhat with Hawkins, a hell of a lot better than his stint as generic heel when they tried to push him, so our last memory of him will be that fruity dance he did on SD.

Top Bottom