• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Kaladin

I'm really curious how they would be able to pull off Cena as a heel.

I mean, Mr. McMahon would have to come out and Cena would have to align with him.
Mr. McMahon would be a face instead amirite

At this point, it would have to be Cena turning his back on his long time fans like Hogan did for the nWo.....and like TNA tried to do with Jeff Hardy. That is really the only way you can turn a megaface like Cena heel.

XenoRaven

Probably some dirt sheet BS:

Source 1 - "The Wrestling Cafe"
Source 2 was the Bleacher Report but the article got taken down, lol

If it's true, we can expect this in a few weeks:

T42CP.jpg
A) I don't believe it.
B) Why would something happen 5 minutes after if they were already on a 15 minute overrun?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Note: I don't buy it either, it's probably bullshit.

Though I agree, Cena does need to change his character away from this HUSTLE, LOYALTY, RESPECT thing.

Kaladin

WWE may have found a sense of humor.

They are holding a pre-sale for their 10/15 Raw taping in Nashville, TN at the Bridgestone Arena starting tomorrow at 10 AM using pre-sale code MARK

Who even cares about a Cena character change anymore? The damage has been done and can't be fixed. The only solution now is to make new stars and rebuild the The Product™ around an ensemble of characters instead of being The Cena Show.

I would probably be ok with more face cena for a while if they just repackaged him with new music and new ring gear.

Write him off TV for a month or two after getting beat up then let him return with a new gimmick.

Every popular wrestler needs to change at some point. Cena has needed to do it for about 4 years.

McNei1y

Yeah I don't believe the Cena heat at all. But we've all Cena nuff of his gig. He's just another Cena way from making me throw my remote at the tv.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, listening to the LAW they're tracking the IC title laterally - meaning they're pretending there are no non-title matches, each one is for the title, and tracking who has it.

I went back to the start of Raw and I kinda wanted to track how it'd go on Raw/PPVs since the inception, and...well...

Despite Bret Hart being champ, he's BARELY on Raw at all. I mean no-show for a whole month kind of stuff. It's weird. Anyone else ever try to track where the titles would be at that point?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh. Lame.

Well then I hope we see that casket/buried alive match with him and Kane. Too bad their matches were really bad in 2010. They were just brawls :(
Their NoC match wasn't bad, but Taker's arm was destroyed after that. I remember in one segment, you can clearly see that he can't even lift it up to an great extent. It's why they ended the feud early and had Kane win it, simply so they could give Taker time to have surgery.

Striker

I would probably be ok with more face cena for a while if they just repackaged him with new music and new ring gear.

Write him off TV for a month or two after getting beat up then let him return with a new gimmick.

Every popular wrestler needs to change at some point. Cena has needed to do it for about 4 years.
Nothing can save his character. No heel turn, nothing.

Besides, it's needed a change for well over six years.

Bowser

According to F4WOnline.com, one of the reasons why WWE might be holding Randy Orton back from the title picture on Smackdown is because he is set to leave TV soon in order to film the WWE Studios movie "12 Rounds: Reloaded."

WHY THE FUCK IS HE BEING BOOKED SO STRONG THEN?

God, this company...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Zack's head like like a foot away from the ring during the move.

Kane sucks.
No, it's not. Back in the day, everyone had long hair, so every tombstone looked good. It's funny, though. Back in the day, when someone had short hair, the camera shot the tombstone from the side. Now, it's so obvious.

This is a bad tombstone.

1293002133-UNDERTAKER-TOMBSTONE%25281%2529.jpg

DMczaf

Gee, it's almost like Taker knows Angle has a really fucked up neck.

Get your BS out of here SoulPlaya. Take your Kane and GO HOME.

Del Rio is so talented with so much potential, but the writers are garbage at making his character work.

There is definitely also the problem where the title contenders are constant losers so no one ever believes they'll win. JTTS will never die in this company.

IMO They are using him as a newer version of Ric the Model Martel and its a shame. He does have good wrestling moves. But The Model was just used as a gimmick when he became just a singles wrestler.

We all know that Hardy is gonna make the final spot. TNA won't leave him out...

Yeah, that one's pretty damn awful - 2006 was OK, iirc, but I never liked the early IWA-MS ones. CZW had better deathmatch tournaments in the early days.

It's sort of interesting to finally see guys I've heard about but never got to see wrestle, but the production of the event and the quality of wrestling is pretty poor. Made me laugh that these hardcore wrestlers would hug the old ladies in the crowd before fighting.

Top Bottom