• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Figured now would be a good time for this. "The Great Escape" can be purchased at http://www.smvod.com

Mine should be in tomorrow. I encourage everyone else to show up for this as well! It'll make for good bonding time with each other, and is a taste of somethin' different for the usual WWE/TNA crowd.

I'm looking forward to it!

DMczaf

A01gIYdCMAAL4zJ.jpg:small

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I'm torn on how I feel about this. He's done a lot FOR the business, but he's also shown us that anyone can sell out and parrot all the same ol' WWE shitphrases and writing.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I called it at the start. Roo is clearly behind the ninjas. That's why he was trying to frame Cowboy. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Russo is behind it all...for no particular reason. PEACE.

He can't be behind it. They cost him a match vs. Aries a few weeks ago.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The PWI list means nothing. They ranked Kane #4 in 2011, when we all know he should have been #1.

For my money, the fact Kane can still be THAT relevant in 2011 is pretty awesome. Then again wasn't Miz their 2010 $#1?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
For my money, the fact Kane can still be THAT relevant in 2011 is pretty awesome. Then again wasn't Miz their 2010 $#1?
You're right, Kane should have been #1 in 2010 too.

BTW, Kane will always be relevant. He was relevant during the stone ages, as well.

Sokantish

Oh I thought maybe they were just like "look at these cool videos we found on the internet!" but they're exclusive to the magazine or something?

The end of Impact was way more entertaining than it had any right to be. Solid show aside from wasting too much time wrapping up the Claire Lynch stuff.

And Hulk Hogan literally GROWLING while Sting was admiring him was the best thing Hogan's done in over a decade. Absolutely HILARIOUS.

Kaladin

Man, that was crap. I hope they didn't do this to write the title off of Aries.

It is probably to explain why Aries won't defend his belt at No Surrender, putting the emphasis on the finals of the Bound For Glory tournament, where it should be.

I loved that ending, nice all out gang warfare there.

Lists will never please anyone but it's obvious ROH gets more respect than it should at this point in time. No real love for Gragongate/Evolve guys. Ricochet was part of a fantastic tag team with Cima and won three different belts in Japan. He didn't even crack 200. Not like it really matters but there could be a little more sense on some of these.

somedevil

The end of Impact was way more entertaining than it had any right to be. Solid show aside from wasting too much time wrapping up the Claire Lynch stuff.

And Hulk Hogan literally GROWLING while Sting was admiring him was the best thing Hogan's done in over a decade. Absolutely HILARIOUS.

I disagree the ending was bad. To many guys to care about and them magically teleporting to their bikes and by the poll John Pollock put up tommorrows review of Impact is going to hilarious.

It is probably to explain why Aries won't defend his belt at No Surrender, putting the emphasis on the finals of the Bound For Glory tournament, where it should be.

I loved that ending, nice all out gang warfare there.

If they go by their rules, the title must be defended. So they could strip the title off him and the winner of the tournament is either crowned the new champion or they do a match to crown a champion.

Kaladin

I disagree the ending was bad. To many guys to care about and them magically teleporting to their bikes and by the poll John Pollock put up tommorrows review of Impact is going to hilarious.l

While there may have been a bunch of guys involved, it was still a bunch of fun plunder. The only thing I felt it was missing was a major character reveal. Doesn't have to be a leader, maybe just a known spokesperson.....but apparently they aren't there yet. Still, a good large scale plunder brawl for the angle that really worked.

If they go by their rules, the title must be defended. So they could strip the title off him and the winner of the tournament is either crowned the new champion or they do a match to crown a champion.

While that is the case, they can always say there are circumstances which call for an exception.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lists will never please anyone but it's obvious ROH gets more respect than it should at this point in time. No real love for Gragongate/Evolve guys. Ricochet was part of a fantastic tag team with Cima and won three different belts in Japan. He didn't even crack 200. Not like it really matters but there could be a little more sense on some of these.

Even if they had to name a ROH guy. Davey over Steen, REALLY?

I disagree the ending was bad. To many guys to care about and them magically teleporting to their bikes and by the poll John Pollock put up tommorrows review of Impact is going to hilarious.

It was just a mess of nonsense and I enjoyed that for the novelty of having not seen a brawl like that in a long time. It could've used a real standout spot, but whatevs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

First off, holy freaking CRAP that is amazing. Wow. Laserfrog, you're incredible. :D

Second, I'm gonna quiet down on FoF talk and make our own topic for it closer to the event time - I understand all the talk may be rubbing some people the wrong way, but I just wanna make sure you all know that you can come to me and tell me so, I'm easy to talk to. I'm definitely excited for it, but I need to temper that.

So in conclusion, I'm gonna go watch that video like 20 more times because it's AMAZING, and I'll keep things a little quieter on my end for those of you who want to discuss wrasslin' and not our community.

If there's anything else, by all means, PM ME, I'm easy to deal with.

Man this video is amazing :D

Top Bottom