• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Both of you are so wrong. There's only one choice. It's Brian Cage's year! BECAUSE HE IS A FUCKING MACHINE!

I did see some of Cage's matches...meh. He does look alot better though. But Mack has had some really good matches lately....After seeing his matchups with Scopio Sky makes me think he has a good chance on winning this tournament

Kaladin

It looks like we'll have at least 3 indie weekends in September, maybe 4 if PWG releases the Battle of LA quickly.

September 8th = Evolve 17/CZW Down With the Sickness Doubleheader

September 15th = Ring of Honor Death Before Dishonor X

September 22/23rd = WrassleGaf watches Chikara King of Trios

September 29/30th = WrassleGaf watches PWG Battle of Los Angeles????

September is officially WrassleGaf's Best of the Indies Month.

Laserfrog

I've always been curious if they're any good. If you do order it, let us know how it is!

#SauceIt

Man, it has HFCSs in it? Da fuck.

Only the best ingredients for good ol' J.R.! I've always wondered too and to have an official signed topps trading card, oh my I'd be the post popular person ever if I had one of those!

It's a shame they haven't updated the label to have mirror universe J.R. on it with the beard. If his sauces are rubbish I'm going to start a rival BBQ/Wrestling blog where I rudely answer people's questions.

It looks like we'll have at least 3 indie weekends in September, maybe 4 if PWG releases the Battle of LA quickly.

Is BOLA gonna be on iPPV?

The main event is probably changing, just trying not to talk about FoF2013 too much because I heard some people didn't like hearing about it. Jus' tryin to do my part.

If our match isn't the main event, I'm walking out on the company. You have HHH like powers. Book us at the top!

Kaladin

Is BOLA gonna be on iPPV?

It's going to be a dvd only release, like everything else PWG does. It will be a bit harder to organize watching which is why I hope PWG puts a pre-order up for BOLA right after it happens.

Only Evolve, CZW and Ring of Honor will be live iPPV. Chikara will be a stream or mp4 download and PWG will be dvd only.

Such is the life of an indie wrestling fan.

Aiii

So not worth it
September 30th: WrassleGAF celebrates Aiii's 29th birthday with cake, presents and a stripper dressed in AJ's ring gear! Amirite?

It's going to be a dvd only release, like everything else PWG does. It will be a bit harder to organize watching which is why I hope PWG puts a pre-order up for BOLA right after it happens.

Only Evolve, CZW and Ring of Honor will be live iPPV. Chikara will be a stream or mp4 download and PWG will be dvd only.

Such is the life of an indie wrestling fan.

I'm down to do a PWG GAF weekend. But damn, it will be hard to avoid spoilers.

Would do CHIKARA but it is my sisters bday that weekend.

tm24

I did see some of Cage's matches...meh. He does look alot better though. But Mack has had some really good matches lately....After seeing his matchups with Scopio Sky makes me think he has a good chance on winning this tournament

I want to see Cage win because he would turn on the PWG crowd and everyone would hate him. Because he can easily do the douchebag thing. If he wins he should do the Punk winning ROH title turn. Set up Willie Mack to chase the title until the next KRR, an ASW or maybe even 150 or 10th Anniversary which would be a one year reign

Nah, PWG turnaround is slow. We'll be lucky ot have it by the end of September. 2nd weekend of October is most likely

September 30th: WrassleGAF celebrates Aiii's 29th birthday with cake, presents and a stripper dressed in AJ's ring gear! Amirite?

XDHHK.gif

I want to see Cage win because he would turn on the PWG crowd and everyone would hate him. Because he can easily do the douchebag thing. If he wins he should do the Punk winning ROH title turn. Set up Willie Mack to chase the title until the next KRR, an ASW or maybe even 150 or 10th Anniversary which would be a one year reign

Oh ok. Cage looks like he could pull that heel look off

Kaladin

Actually this is what we'll do.......

September 8th = Evolve 17/CZW Down With the Sickness Doubleheader live on iPPV

September 15th = Ring of Honor Death Before Dishonor X live on iPPV

September 22/23rd = WrassleGaf watches Chikara King of Trios 2012 tape delay on stream, mp4 or dvd

September 29/30th = WrassleGaf watches Chikara King of Trios 2012 II tape delay on stream, mp4 or dvd

September 29/30th will be used for a second KOT viewing if there is demand for one after our initial run of the event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If our match isn't the main event, I'm walking out on the company. You have HHH like powers. Book us at the top!

Well yknow it's one of those things that since it's VF, we'll have the best and most technically sound match on the card. I'm the anti-HHH - no main events for meeee!

G-Fex deserves the main event for sure.

We might need an extra case of beer for this one.

I'm afraid the era for Steveweisers is over, you'll get Punk brand Pepsi and will have to make do with some kind of sugar rush/caffeine hyperactivity to distract yourself from the horrible sight before you.

tm24

Damn, was hoping they would do a quicker turnaround for BOLA. 3 solid weekends is enough though.
Just noticed that highspots is now doing video downloads for PWG now too. I think they're day and date with the DVD releases. I'll make sure to check when Threemendous III comes out and confirm that
Oh ok. Cage looks like he could pull that heel look off
Yeah, i was on the Willie Mack next world champ until i saw how Cage improved and just has all the ingredients for a perfect heel champ that PWG has really lacked since Human Tornado and that was 4 years ago

Kaladin

Just noticed that highspots is now doing video downloads for PWG now too. I think they're day and date with the DVD releases. I'll make sure to check when Threemendous III comes out and confirm that

That should be good, would at least save us from waiting on shipping.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm afraid the era for Steveweisers is over, you'll get Punk brand Pepsi and will have to make do with some kind of sugar rush/caffeine hyperactivity to distract yourself from the horrible sight before you.

Non of your US beer at my party, we're drinking half liter Warsteiner's my friend. ;)

We'll call 'em Alex Wrightsteiners.

Kaladin

Impact Wrestling Updated Bound For Glory Series Standings (After 8/23 Impact)

standings.jpg

Anderson, Daniels, The Pope, Robbie E and Magnus are mathematically out of the tournament (I think that is all of them). Everyone else has some chance of landing in the final four.

James Storm = 1 match left
Samoa Joe = 2 matches left
Rob Van Dam = 2 matches left
AJ Styles = 2 matches left
Kurt Angle = 1 match left
Bully Ray = 2 matches left
Jeff Hardy = 2 matches left
Mr. Anderson = done
Daniels = done
Magnus = done
The Pope = injured
Robbie E = done

Aiii

So not worth it

somedevil

With Alex Shelley close to signing with WWE, I wonder how this effects the situacion with Bully Ray?

By looking at the standings if he doesn't make it to the final four I believe him signing with impact wrestling doesn't look good.

Kaladin

With Alex Shelley close to signing with WWE, I wonder how this effects the situacion with Bully Ray?

By looking at the standings if he doesn't make it to the final four I believe him signing with impact wrestling doesn't look good.

I would be happy with James Storm, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Bully Ray in the final four......and would enjoy any of those matches at Bound For Glory.

XenoRaven

I was thinking about if Bully went to WWE if he'd be Bully Ray or Bubba Ray but then I remembered WWE has an anti-bullying campaign so he probably couldn't be Bully Ray.

I didn't mean his merch, I meant his actual ring gear. Burgundy trunks + boots, nothing else.

I was thinking about if Bully went to WWE if he'd be Bully Ray or Bubba Ray but then I remembered WWE has an anti-bullying campaign so he probably couldn't be Bully Ray.

The villain characters of WWE should be bullies and they should be dealt with within the confines of the rules of wre... never mind, fudge it.

Top Bottom