• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

G-Fex

BROWN BAG SPECIAL UNBOXING!

FROM TNA ENTERTAINMENT

UeMhN.jpg

AnwaR.jpg

Brown bag was seperated from the rest of the merchandise and not actually filled with the merchandise

A T-SHIRT WHAT COULD IT BE? PLEASE BE SOMETHING GOOD

sHMby.jpg

IT'S A FUCKING RVD SHIRT I AM NOW WEARING!

AWESOME

now for the banner? It's pinkish...VELVET SKY?

ujbUO.jpg

OMFG IT'S FUCKING THE CHARISMATIC ENIGMA JEFF HARDY OOOOMGGGGGGGGGG

and then HOLY SHIT IS THAT FOUR DVDS?

qKaJH.jpg

OMG, KEVIN NASH AND DUDLEY BOYS AND STEINER! IT'S PRE 2010 DVD'S! TAKE THAT RBH

now the action figure what could it be?....

OMG

OMG

LtqMT.jpg

IT'S FUCKING SHARKBOY OMGG!!!!!!!111

No need to be sarcastic G-Fex. I mean yeah it sucks you got a Jeff Hardy poster but the rest of that isn't too bad.

EDIT: I just realized that's the 09 Hard Justice, I'm so sorry.

G-Fex said it's a poster but we can all tell that it's like one of those animu body pillows with Jeff Hardy on it made for his Gothic Lolita fangirls.

Hey G-Fex I'd appreciate if you took your enthusiasm to the appropriate wrasslegaf community sub-community unboxing community thread. You've been warned. This thread is for business only.

I may be a 13 year old girl but damnit I know Jeff Hardy is radical and cooler than you and John Cena

That's not fair G-Fex, pairing anyone off with Cena would drag them down to the negatives in terms of coolness.

Wait, why am I even entertaining this? This has nothing to do with the incredibly focused purview of legitimate wrestling discussion! I'm going to watch some Mega Powers matches. I've got jealous eyes...

G-Fex

No, just Velvet Sky.

I got a spot on my lap for her.

we can do a lot of things in my bedroom.

You know?

Like I can show her my dreamcast or my Sega Saturn

or I can show her my turbo Grafx 16 or my turbo Express

and I can show her my dvd collection

or even show her my cool RVD shirt

or I can show her my awesome beatles CD collection

Or how I have the star trek animated series on DVD

XenoRaven

You might be thinking of that Crybaby Match between Razor Ramon and The 1-2-3 Kid; loser had to wear a diaper and carry around a big bottle. That was WWE though (In Your House 6, to be exact), not WCW.
That era sure had some weird match stipulations. I just watched a "Kiss My Foot" match and Bret Hart ended up sticking his toes into Jerry Lawler's mouth.

Roughly 24 hours until the CHIKARA viewing party. I think I'm going to do a contest after the event where you can win an old school figure from my collection or something along those lines. Honestly if you don't watch the hardcore Wrassle GAF members will probably refer to you as "Mark" from here on out. "The Great Escape" can be purchased at http://smvod.com hope to see you dudes there.

All right Wrassle GAF were going to try and get this wrestling train moving by having a CHIKARA viewing party this Saturday at 2pm EST. You can purchase "The Great Escape" at smvod.com. This should be a good warm up for King Of Trios next month. Here is a run down of the card we will be watching and who is confirmed to be watching.

chikara-dvd-july-28-2012-the-great-escape-portland-me-231739969-500x500.png

-assailANT vs. Green Ant
- First round of The Young Lions Cup
Cameron Matthews vs. Kobald vs. Anthony Stone vs. Jivin' Jimmy
-Ophidian vs. Frightmare
-Icarus vs. The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger
-combatANT, deviANT & Soldier Ant vs. 3.0 & Gran Akuma
-Jakob Hammermeier & Tim Donst vs. The Batiri
-The Shard vs. Sugar Dunkerton
-The Heart Throbs & The Young Bucks vs. Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black
-For the CHKARA Grand Championship
Sara Del Rey vs. Eddie Kingston

Confirmed Wrassle Gaf members who are planning to watch.

BillRiccio
NawidA
tm24
XenoRaven
djsandman
Laserfrog
Sunflower

If I missed anyone or your planning on joining in on the fun reply or drop me a private message and I'll add you to the cool kid party.

I don't know. Do they both help you get over by jumping off of things?

Well no, but they both prevent you from winning/holding world titles. So there's that I guess.

But seriously, RVD was good in ECW and early in his WWE run but then he got fat and lazy. He's white Rey Mysterio.

That era sure had some weird match stipulations. I just watched a "Kiss My Foot" match and Bret Hart ended up sticking his toes into Jerry Lawler's mouth.

Yeah, that was weird. And Lawler was forced to stuff his foot into his own mouth by Hart before that, if I remember correctly. I'm kind of surprised that the Kiss My Foot match is still somewhat popular. Well, not 'surprised', more like 'disappointed', but still. Hell, Cole and Lawler did one about a year ago.

There were a lot of weird gimmick matches back then. The 49'ers match, World War 3, ____ On A Pole, etc. Hell, I remember reading about a type of match in the '70s called a Shark Cage match, where they'd put two wrestlers in a tiny little cell and have them fight for a couple minutes and then schooch a few inches to get out.

I'll take that over a "Kiss my Ass" match. Jerry is probably into that sort of thing anyway, so it was a win/win for everyone.

somedevil

Final Claire Lynch Story:

TNA Wrestling concluded the Claire Lynch storyline last night on Impact Wrestling with her legal representative revealing that she never was pregnant and had agreed to blackmail AJ Styles after being approached by Daniels and Kazarian—she drugged Styles and took scandalous photos suggesting he was the father of her fake baby. Lynch did not appear during the segment since she quit the promotion.

Multiple TNA sources have confirmed that Lynch, whose real name is Julia Reilly, immediately quit the company after her identity was discovered online and wrestling fans began bombarding her professional website, YouTube and LinkedIn accounts with "derogatory and hateful messages about her acting, her character's actions and her character's appearance."

As a working actor, Reilly didn't want potential employers and casting directors researching her to come across the hateful scorn, which was described as "some of the most classless garbage you'd expect to see, just low rent message board loser stuff." As a result, she quit TNA and immediately closed her professional accounts in an attempt to deflect the vitriol.

I feel sorry for her. She was not very good in her role but didn't deserve the lowest of the IWC treat her like that becasue they hate the angle.

Aiii

So not worth it
Final Claire Lynch Story:

I feel sorry for her. She was not very good in her role but didn't deserve the lowest of the IWC treat her like that becasue they hate the angle.

To be fair, her "acting" was what made the angle so offensive in the first place.

Roughly 24 hours until the CHIKARA viewing party. I think I'm going to do a contest after the event where you can win an old school figure from my collection or something along those lines. Honestly if you don't watch the hardcore Wrassle GAF members will probably refer to you as "Mark" from here on out.

Aw man, I don't wanna be called Mark!
But I blew through my hobby budget this month. I guess I'll just have to sit this one out. You guys are going to have another one soon, right?

But seriously, RVD was good in ECW and early in his WWE run but then he got fat and lazy. He's white Rey Mysterio.

Seriously. I remember when he showed up in PWG last year - he looked completely disinterested and barely sold for either of his opponents. Chris Hero looked so unbelievably pissed off all throughout the match. I was hoping he'd hit RVD with a super stiff elbow to make the fucker sell, but I guess Hero has too much class for that.

BillRiccio said:
Roughly 24 hours until the CHIKARA viewing party. I think I'm going to do a contest after the event where you can win an old school figure from my collection or something along those lines. Honestly if you don't watch the hardcore Wrassle GAF members will probably refer to you as "Mark" from here on out. "The Great Escape" can be purchased at http://smvod.com hope to see you dudes there.

I impatiently already watched the show, but if I'm around Saturday evening I don't mind watching it again with you guys, as it was a real fun show with an awesome main event.

Top Bottom