• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Kaladin

Aw man, I don't wanna be called Mark!
But I blew through my hobby budget this month. I guess I'll just have to sit this one out. You guys are going to have another one soon, right?

If you're going to be an indie fan, expect to set aside at least $40 each month for iPPVs and DVDs and with that budget you will likely have some flow over into the next month for when you have larger months like September will be.

I impatiently already watched the show, but if I'm around Saturday evening I don't mind watching it again with you guys, as it was a real fun show with an awesome main event.

I did the same thing but like you said the event was so good I'm happy to watch again. I'm putting you're name I the list because bootaaay = buys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did the same thing but like you said the event was so good I'm happy to watch again. I'm putting you're name I the list because bootaaay = buys.

Should be here tonight. Pack'd full of excite.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's okay to be creepy once in a while
Zc6er.jpg

Your obsession with Syuri is slightly creepy, but I'm just glad it's not one of the Ice Ribbon girls you're fixated on.

djsandman said:
I wonder how difficult it would be to organize a viewing for BOLA this year.

Shouldn't be too difficult - if we arrange who is up for watching when the show goes on pre-order, we can set the time for the GAF viewing once all those watching have confirmed that their copy has arrived.

PWG's annual singles tournament 'The Battle of Los Angeles'.

Kaladin

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Battle of Los Angeles. It's a 2 night sixteen man tournament which happens September 1st and 2nd, but will only see a DVD release from PWG.

First round matches in the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles are scheduled to include:

Adam Cole vs. El Generico

Michael Elgin vs. Davey Richards

Ricochet vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Eddie Edwards vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Sami Callihan vs. Willie Mack

TJ Perkins vs. Joey Ryan

B-Boy vs. Brian Cage

Roderick Strong vs. Drake Younger

Night 1 is the first round and Night 2 is the conclusion of the tournament.

Just scored some front row seats to the TNA show that will be here in October.

When you go don't forget to yell and Bully Ray and say this...

http://youtu.be/qzWlPmHA8i4

Wonder what his reaction would be

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Battle of Los Angeles. It's a 2 night sixteen man tournament which happens September 1st and 2nd, but will only see a DVD release from PWG.

First round matches in the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles are scheduled to include:

Adam Cole vs. El Generico

Michael Elgin vs. Davey Richards

Ricochet vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Eddie Edwards vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Sami Callihan vs. Willie Mack

TJ Perkins vs. Joey Ryan

B-Boy vs. Brian Cage

Roderick Strong vs. Drake Younger

Night 1 is the first round and Night 2 is the conclusion of the tournament.

My choice is Mack.,....He's on Fiyah!!!!

Aiii

So not worth it
Love how she's honest and said Playstation used to be her system of choice but now she's dabbling in Xbox as she's being interviewed by someone from OPM lol

She said somewhere else she had a Vita though. Kinda odd she didn't mention that. Still, gotta love AJ getting all excited talking about games.

XenoRaven

Big multi-quote post incoming. This multi-quote feature on the mobile site is awesome.
I have a foot fetish. Link it?
It's actually on the King of the Ring DVD up on Netflix. You can stream it too.
That's what Lawler calls a win-win
I'll take that over a "Kiss my Ass" match. Jerry is probably into that sort of thing anyway, so it was a win/win for everyone.
I doubt it, unless Bret is secretly an underage girl.
Well no, but they both prevent you from winning/holding world titles. So there's that I guess.

But seriously, RVD was good in ECW and early in his WWE run but then he got fat and lazy. He's white Rey Mysterio.
This got me lol.
Yeah, that was weird. And Lawler was forced to stuff his foot into his own mouth by Hart before that, if I remember correctly. I'm kind of surprised that the Kiss My Foot match is still somewhat popular. Well, not 'surprised', more like 'disappointed', but still. Hell, Cole and Lawler did one about a year ago.

There were a lot of weird gimmick matches back then. The 49'ers match, World War 3, ____ On A Pole, etc. Hell, I remember reading about a type of match in the '70s called a Shark Cage match, where they'd put two wrestlers in a tiny little cell and have them fight for a couple minutes and then schooch a few inches to get out.
Yeah Lawler took off his boot during the match and hit Bret in the face with it, then never laced it up again. So after Bret jammed his toes in Lawler's mouth, he ripped off the boot and pulled Lawler's foot up to his own mouth. I was surprised Lawler was flexible enough to pull it off. His sock was also stained and had black splotches all over it in hilarious 90's wrestling fashion.

If you're going to be an indie fan, expect to set aside at least $40 each month for iPPVs and DVDs and with that budget you will likely have some flow over into the next month for when you have larger months like September will be.

I do have a wrestling budget actually, although it's $30. I just ended up spending all my pocket money this month on sales/favors. I can afford to expand it in the future, though.

Totally unrelated, but what are the requirements for selling blood in the United States?

Next month is KOT, so have $30 saved up because were watching the whole tournament!

I'm ready for that one! It sounds like a hell of a card, so I'm watching it however I can, whatever the cost.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hate feet, and almost legit threw up at the King/Cole match w/kissing feet. I couldn't handle that. :(

Entropia

No One Remembers
Big multi-quote post incoming. This multi-quote feature on the mobile site is awesome.

It's actually on the King of the Ring DVD up on Netflix. You can stream it too.

I doubt it, unless Bret is secretly an underage girl.

This got me lol.

Yeah Lawler took off his boot during the match and hit Bret in the face with it, then never laced it up again. So after Bret jammed his toes in Lawler's mouth, he ripped off the boot and pulled Lawler's foot up to his own mouth. I was surprised Lawler was flexible enough to pull it off. His sock was also stained and had black splotches all over it in hilarious 90's wrestling fashion.

What is a Netflix?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The best was Lawler vomiting in the bathroom after the match while brushing his teeth.

I would have cut off my jaw and lips. NEVER.

Sunflower you should update the matches too since I got 3rd strike for PS3

The main event is probably changing, just trying not to talk about FoF2013 too much because I heard some people didn't like hearing about it. Jus' tryin to do my part.

Sf2fanatic pls

So you still think you ok in SF?

Zeus look

This match is made.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The feet are a natural and beautiful part of the body. If you can't appreciate them, then, well, you don't truly appreciate the human body!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The feet are a natural and beautiful part of the body. If you can't appreciate them, then, well, you don't truly appreciate the human body!!

yeah they could be but instead they're forced to carry around fat asses for years and walk on surfaces you wouldn't eat on.

Like the great Don "DC" Curry said

Dip em in clorox, soak em in bbq sauce
I'm not suckin ya damn toes

Entropia

No One Remembers
I am going to guess you don't live in America. Netflix is a video rental service that offers physical copies (sent by mail) and also streaming video.

I'm kidding. I live in Canada, and I don't have Netflix. Not sure how often I'd watch it to be honest.

Feet are gross man.

Fucking gross.

yeah they could be but instead they're forced to carry around fat asses for years and walk on surfaces you wouldn't eat on.

Like the great Don "DC" Curry said

Dip em in clorox, soak em in bbq sauce
I'm not suckin ya damn toes

Lol.

tm24

My choice is Mack.,....He's on Fiyah!!!!

Yeah, this is Mack's year, and as Steen is putting the title on the line in the tournament I could definitely see them letting Mack win it here.

Also, I'm fully expecting Davey vs Elgin to continue the trend of being better than their ROH match-up.

Both of you are so wrong. There's only one choice. It's Brian Cage's year! BECAUSE HE IS A FUCKING MACHINE!

Kaladin

EVOLVE 17 is just two weeks away on September 8th in Voorhees, NJ. This card will be broadcast on worldwide live iPPV with three pricing options starting at just $9.99. You can pre-order now at WWNLive.com. This is arguably the deepest EVOLVE card yet, which has created an unusual problem. EVOLVE officials can't decide on the main event!

EVOLVE officials have isolated two matches that can carry the top spot on this loaded card. They are the rubber match of the El Generico vs. Samuray Del Sol series and the completely fresh match of Ricochet vs. AR Fox. The decision on what contest goes on last and is in the show title is now in your hands.

EVOLVE has started this poll so you can vote on the main event. Only one match can go on last and be in the show title. The choice is yours. Here is a direct link to the poll: http://www.dgusa.tv/polls.htm

The voting will conclude this Wednesday and the winning match will be announced in a DGUSA/EVOLVE Alerts. Here is some background on both bouts so you can make an educated decision:

El Generico vs. Samuray Del Sol III: These two produced a mind blowing series of matches on back-to-back nights at EVOLVE 14 and EVOLVE 15 at the end of June. These spectacular bouts ended in a 1-1 tie. A mutual respect quickly developed between these high-flying luchadors, which led to them teaming at DGUSA Untouchable 2012 last month in a match of the year candidate vs. CIMA & AR Fox. Generico & Del Sol will move forward as a tag team, but first the 1-1 tie needs to be broken. The final singles match between Generico and Del Sol will take place on September 8th. Generico is the most popular independent wrestler in the world. 2012 is Del Sol's breakout year. Is this your main event?

Ricochet vs. AR Fox: This grudge match between two of the most sensational athletes anywhere in wrestling has developed quickly and will explode at EVOLVE 17. Ricochet is a two time DGUSA Tag Team Champion, a title he has never lost. He has been stripped of the belts on both title reigns due to his partners being unable to compete. CIMA hand picked AR Fox to be his partner for a DGUSA Tag Team Title decision match against Ricochet & Rich Swann last month at Enter The Dragon 2012 in Chicago. Two years earlier, CIMA had hand picked Ricochet as his partner. CIMA & Fox won the titles, which infuriated Ricochet. Not only did Ricochet feel ripped off since he never lost the titles, but he was jealous of Fox being called the new great high-flyer by CIMA. However, Enter The Dragon 2012 was the highlight of Fox's career as he stood proudly with the DGUSA Tag Team Title belt. This set Ricochet off on a tirade as he verbally lashed out at Fox and tried to ruin his moment. It all leads to September 8th when we have Ricochet vs. AR Fox for the very first time in DGUSA/EVOLVE. See two of the greatest athletes on the planet collide. is this your main event?

FYI, I voted for Generico vs Del Sol III as the main event. Pre-order Evolve 17 now at http://www.wwnlive.com for $9.99.

Top Bottom