• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Kaladin

422243_10151007797766443_695102804_n.jpg

and you thought Kane fans were scary

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching these early '90's RAW episodes for the first time (thanks Sunflower), and it's way more relaxed than what I'm used to. Or maybe it's just less stressful because I'm not shaking my head every 15 minutes. Either way, Macho Man and JR on commentary is a winning combination.

Hey, you're welcome!! My pleasure.

Excited NOT for Raw tonight but to hopefully find some scary, scary diva-stalkers on Tout tonight. I want one where it's obvious the dude has bodies in his basement.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah, that's what Punk meant by his Lon Chaney comment. "Better the devil you know" I'm guessing.

So unrelated to that. Does AJ Lee just not have a passport? Is that why she is never scheduled for any non-US show?

Derrick Young is John Cena's illegitimate brother

He's Juan Cena?

Aiii

So not worth it
Ah, that's what Punk meant by his Lon Chaney comment. "Better the devil you know" I'm guessing.

So unrelated to that. Does AJ Lee just not have a passport? Is that why she is never scheduled for any non-US show?

The divas just have to share two spots on each show among them all. AJ's been in Europe after WM. But I guess they're moving her away from wrestling now anyways, the idiots.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is all from early 2000. Old dirtsheets are fun!

- Super Calo, Hector Garza, Ciclope, and Damien are all speaking with lawyers right now regarding filing a lawsuit against WCW. That group of wrestlers has been discussing this potential case for months for alleged racial discrimination and that WCW fired them all while they were recovering from injuries suffered in a WCW ring. They may also reach out to Blitzkrieg, who was also fired from WCW while recovering from an in-ring injury.

- Lizmark, Jr. was fired several weeks back - one week after returning from an injury, too.

- Eric Bischoff is still under contract to WCW for about two more years. It appears that WCW is reluctant to release him from his deal.

- There have been some rumblings in WCW that Brad Siegel is considering bringing back Eric Bischoff to run the wrestling end of the company, while somebody else will handle the contracts. However, the criticism of such a move is that Bischoff not only handled the money with the responsibility of a spoiled and rich 7-year-old with an unlimited allowance, but he also treated WCW employees like a 7-year-old normally would. He apologized several times for his actions backstage at Nitro while he was in power, but within several weeks, he would go back to throwing coffee or yelling at wrestlers and staff members.

- New Japan Pro Wrestling's Tatsumi Fujinami wants to sign Goldberg for the April 17 Tokyo Dome show.

- There is a lot of heat on Tank Abbott, Evan Karagias, Paisley, and Daffney for voicing their opinions that they would be "big stars" if they were allowed to go to the WWF. Many others in the locker room make similar comments, but those four are perceived as being too young and/or inexperienced to make such claims.

- Buff Bagwell is telling people in WCW that his neck problem has "flared up again." Although WCW asks him to appear on TV for promos, he, like Diamond Dallas Page, is telling people he won't return until he is cleared to wrestle. It is said that both are hopeful of gaining releases from WCW so they could take their feud to the WWF.

- If Chris Candido's contract problems are cleared, his first feud is scheduled to be with Kidman.

- Triple H is said to be looking forward to working matches with Eddie Guerrero (after he heals up) and would also like to be placed in a long-running feud with X-Pac some time down the line.

- At a recent WWF house show over the weekend, Steve Austin's name was mentioned by the ring announcer when plugging official merchandise, and it received very little reaction. This shows how quickly wrestling fans consider something yesterday's news, but it doesn't necessarily mean that Austin won't take over as the top star if he returns later on in the year.

- Konnan and Rey Mysterio, Jr. were backstage visiting friends at the February 12 WWF house show from the Sports Arena in San Diego, California. Konnan told friends that he's still under contract to WCW but won't be appearing on their programming for a few months. Both men were also said to be raving about the two different locker room environments between the WWF and WCW (the WWF's is said to be more cooled down and organized, while WCW's locker room is often reported as being a hassle-like, unorganized, frantic atmosphere). In addition, many younger and smaller wrestlers were said to be especially respectful towards Rey Mysterio, Jr.

- Tazz is telling his close friends that he is happy to be in the WWF. He says that Vince McMahon wants to bring him in as a star slowly because he wasn't an established star when he came in since "no one watches ECW."

- Some WWF wrestlers have been saying that The Rock's ego has been out of control recently and are actually calling him "overrated."

Davey Richards, Tony Kozina and one of their no-name students cut a promo on why Team Ambition is dead and this is now the era of Team Wrestling's Most Wanted, as they try to turn their fuck-up in Iowa into a gimmick;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyeWsDJablk

Youtube comments nail it again;

"Wrestling's most wanted? Pretty ironic considering you can't even get booked by ROH anymore."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NEW ENTRANCE THEME, PIPEBOMBS, HEEL PUNK!
I mean sure last week was a bit of a misfire but this week surely.

We are hoping for far too much. I give up on the old theme returning. Or a new one.

G-Fex

Don't you get it? You're the same person as heel Punk. You need to embrace it.

I AM NOTHING LIKE HIM.

THE WAY THE WAY I SEE IT

NEXT TIME YOU POINT THE FINGER I MIGHT HAVE TO BEND IT BACK OR BREAK IT BREAK IT OFF.

NEXT TIME YOU POINT THE FINGER I'LL POINT YOU TO THE MIRROR

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait...is Ambrose making his debut tonight, or something? Or is it just Dean Ambrose week every week? Either way, I approve.

People are too excited for something that will not happen.

We are hoping for far too much. I give up on the old theme returning. Or a new one.

You must have faith like me and DM, and yes I forgot NEW TITLE!
NEW INTRO! seriously this one might actually happen assuming WWE don't bugger up their pyrotechnics.
WWE THEN, NOW, FOREVER.

G-Fex

Wait...is Ambrose making his debut tonight, or something? Or is it just Dean Ambrose week every week? Either way, I approve.

Yeah he'll show up while the heels are having a little meeting talking about what they're going to do about Cena and Sheamus and AJ then Dean walks in and he asks them if they want to see a magic trick then he stabs Heath Slater in the eye.

Then he says "It's simple, we kill the Cena."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You must have faith like me and DM, and yes I forgot NEW TITLE!
NEW INTRO! seriously this one might actually happen assuming WWE don't bugger up their pyrotechnics.
WWE THEN, NOW, FOREVER.

I think we got a new intro last week. No mo' Nickelback. Which I surprisingly kinda miss, it worked well for the show, despite me really, REALLY hating Nickelback.

WWE Diva Rosa Mendez was arrested for public intoxication this morning at the San Antonio, TX airport. She was met by two police officers as soon as she stepped off the flight and was taken into custody. Eyewitnesses said Mendez was clearly inebriated at the airport.

Rap remix of Kevin Steen's theme music, surprisingly better than ROH's generic theme;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fiTIBG6U1g

Yeah he'll show up while the heels are having a little meeting talking about what they're going to do about Cena and Sheamus and AJ then Dean walks in and he asks them if they want to see a magic trick then he stabs Heath Slater in the eye.

Then he says "It's simple, we kill the Cena."

I know it's sort of a joke that Ambrose = Ledger Joker = Tom Waits, but that would be seriously amazing. Well, minus stabbing Slater, because I am OFFICIALLY on board the One Man Bandwagon.

Ahhh yes. How the heck did I forget him.

Fake Edit.. googling him and he actually first signed with WWE in 02 and had a short TV run in the mid 00's as a super generic character called Idol Stevens then got released and got signed again a year or two ago.

So technically he was a returning superstar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ahhh yes. How the heck did I forget him.

Fake Edit.. googling him and he actually first signed with WWE in 02 and had a short TV run in the mid 00's as Idol Stevens then got released and got signed again a year or two ago.

So technically he was a returning superstar.

Goddamn, really? Jeez...

rvd2kewl

WWE have an awesome travel package for rich folk at Mania this year.....

Fuck that. No way, no how is anyone other than a super rich person going to pay that amount of money.

Even the Superfans, the people you guys often say are plants (they're not), are calling WWE out and bitching big time on Twitter & Facebook today over those prices. Those guys are incredibly loyal to the company and spend five figures (each) every year going to dozens of shows and this is the way WWE re-pays them for that loyalty. Everyone is super pissed. I thought the Palm Tree fiasco was bad this year. This is ten times worse.

Goddamn, really? Jeez...

Yeah I am a bit surprised as well. I dont remember it at all.

Looking through Wiki and I guess he was part of a tag team that was nothing more then a excuse to have Michelle McCool on TV but she got hurt they where taken off TV and he just kind of faded away back down to development and eventually released.

I dont remember it one bit. It was during that long ass Kendrick and London tag team title run then the tag division was non existent so thats probably why.

Top Bottom