• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

DMczaf

Meltzer has another "Bret Hart's mansion" moment today when they bring up this AJ tweet

ae8JR.png

He then proceeds to get angry at AJ for saying this, because he knows for a fact that there are tons of suits for women that small, and he knows plenty of women who are 5'2 and under.

Oh Dave.

Kevin Nash article up on Grantland. Article makes you like and hate him for all the reasons you think

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...vin-nash-making-headway-hollywood-keeps-night

I know I'm late, and I'm a little ashamed that this point of the article jumped out at me while much more salient points have been mentioned by other posters, but...
He's mocked in the comments section of wrestling websites and YouTube for, among other things, no-showing the Starrcade '97 pay-per-view because of a heart attack (he'd eaten a pan of pot brownies)

WOW. I mean, it was probably his first time pigging out on those things, so he wouldn't know how that stuff hits you. But the whole freaking pan? That's just poor etiquette.

I know exactly what this guy is talking about, WWE fans who go to shows are an odd group.

That stuff can happen in any sort of public gathering, to be honest. I went to a performance of The Taming of the Shrew once, and I kept getting chatted up by some dude who came in late. He was pretty cool, though.

Hell, sometimes I do it to my friends if they drag me along to something, if I think I can get away with it.

AJ's stupid.

I wish she'd stop tweeting.

I agree. She's a bad GM too.

I'm definitely over AJ.

Too hard and too fast, Vince.

We are in the midst of a GAF transition from AJ love to AJ indifference.

My years long love for AJ has all but dried up. :(

Its sad, forever you just want your favs to become big stars and get recognition and do well etc. I'm happy for her in that sense, I just, personally don't particularly like what they have her doing.

I never liked her.

I think she makes Punk look like a chump which is just mind boggling how they let it happen.

I know you didn't like her from jump, but that was just too good of a quote to pass up.
You watch, someone's gonna put these posts in a promo with a bunch of ellipses plastered all over. There's nothing more indicative of public opinion than a bunch of floating text.

Why didn't they just keep Eve as the boss bitch character, she f***ing oozes that look, plays it so well and looked hot doing it!

Dat everything with glasses on.

F**k if they loved AJ so much make her the face foil to bitch Eve, WHO WRESTLES. Or maybe have her fued with Layla or do something.

lol naaaaar defend championships??? What is this a wrestling federation????

G-Fex

Why didn't they just keep Eve as the boss bitch character, she f***ing oozes that look, plays it so well and looked hot doing it!

F**k if they loved AJ so much make her the face foil to bitch Eve, WHO WRESTLES. Or maybe have her fued with Layla or do something.

Yeah Eve was def less annoying.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You guys just don't even appreciate the fact that she stopped a Big Show promo from happening. That validates her entire 2 week GM run.

Kaladin

The 8/6 edition of Raw averaged 4,367,000 viewers. Hour one was the lowest of the three, doing 4,007,000 viewers. Hour two was the highest at 4,648,000 while hour three dropped to 4,446,000. Across the board they were down from last week. And, the NFL and broadcast season premieres are a month away.

Date....Average Audience..Hour 1...Hour 2....Hour 3

7/23/2012 6,019,000 5,439,000 6,318,000 6,300,000
7/30/2012 4,495,000 4,064,000 4,719,000 4,701,000
8/6/2012 4,367,000 4,007,000 4,648,000 4,446,000

Things don't look good.

Kyoufu

3 hours was never a good idea. The recaps...the commercials...

They should just make it 3 hours every time the Rock turns up.

Muffin

Neo Member

I am happy that WWE isn't relying on an evil GM, but oh god wtf AJ? Really? Blehhhh.

I don't even understand what this tweeting business of hers is getting at. I wouldn't mind it if WWE wasn't trying to bring attention to it. Blehhhhh.

Gonna be some real conflicted feelings when D. Brine has to have a scream-off with Charlie Sheen for GMship.

Kaladin

Looking at those numbers, it's like.....

7/23/2012 6,019,000 = the audience they should have every week

8/6/2012 4,367,000 or less = the audience they actually have every week

Kyoufu

I think what really makes me cringe is when AJ sucks up to the crowd with her "Tweet your choice" shit.

I want a heel GM that doesn't give a flying fuck what the people think and books his own shit. Fuck social networks.

Muffin

Neo Member
I think what really makes me cringe is when AJ sucks up to the crowd with her "Tweet your choice" shit.

I want a heel GM that doesn't give a flying fuck what the people think and books his own shit. Fuck social networks.

Fingers crossed they suddenly shove Jack Swagger into GM and he only makes matches including himself in hopes of breaking his streak.

Kyoufu

No, that's the thing. I don't want "People Power". I know he didn't give the people much power over anything but I want a straight up heel that takes shits on the crowd.

Paul Heyman please.

Fingers crossed they suddenly shove Jack Swagger into GM and he only makes matches including himself in hopes of breaking his streak.

Haha. I love you Muffin.

How about the WWE get off the good/evil authority figure crutch they've been leaning on for 14+ years? The GM should just be Arn Anderson and he should slap everyone that tries to get into his office, be on TV like 3 times a year, and rarely get involved in wrestler drama beyond making the matches.

Muffin

Neo Member
No, that's the thing. I don't want "People Power". I know he didn't give the people much power over anything but I want a straight up heel that takes shits on the crowd.

Paul Heyman please.

Or just any decent heel GM with a couple wrestlers that are always with him, but also are constantly wrecking shit for him. Otunga was a joke because him and Johnny were so tame.

Top Bottom