• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

G-Fex

FUCK YEAH BIG DADDY COOL

GCGgwl.jpg

I liked this part, esp the last paragraph:

Best: The Lady Next To Me Who Asked About/Flinched At Everything

One of the reasons I like going to wrestling shows put on by local promotions is because I fit more naturally into their vibe. I’ve never been the guy who tries to constantly heckle wrestlers and get himself over (you won’t see me doing that F**K YOU F**K YOU F**K YOU middle-fingers-to-the-face thing to wrestlers ever) (well, almost ever), but I occasionally like to get into it and yell out asinine shit like a normal wrestling fan.

WWE shows are bad for this for a few reasons, the big ones being:

1. The wrestlers can’t hear you, so there’s no point unless you’re sending in a live report to 411 and want people to think you were the coolest, smartest and most popular person in your section.

2. There are a lot of kids around you, and while you can keep your Shouted Things PG and under, the good stuff without curse words requires too much capacity for abstract thought for them. Like, I can’t yell YOU’RE BEING RACIST at Sheamus for throwing a burrito into a river because the kid in the John Cena shirt’s gonna turn around and look at me weird.

3. That’s the other thing: people at WWE shows love to turn around and look at whoever just said anything. It’s probably why they’re at WWE shows, they love looking at people who talk. It’s never malicious, but if Brock Lesnar’s staring down Shawn Michaels and you, the average, reasonable man, decides to yell BREAK HIS ARM at the top of your lungs, 30 people are gonna turn around and look at you. Why? Because that’s not what you’re supposed to say here, and they don’t understand why you’re saying things.

Long story short, Damien Sandow should walk out with a stack of books and just f**king throw them at people as hard as he can.

Anyway, the point I’m getting at is that people in bigger wrestling fan sections form these weird social contracts, and you end up sorta briefly chatting with someone and they turn into YER BUDDY for the rest of the night. Mine was a lady in my row who was there with a small child, but who chose to spend the night asking me who everyone was, why anybody was booing anybody and whether or not I remembered the Von Erichs. She FLIPPED THE HELL OUT WITH FEAR when the Raw pyro started, so my job for the rest of the night was to warn her whenever somebody with pyro was about to show up. It was stressful. I was being forced to speak a lot, and deal with everyone looking at me when I did. I’M SORRY I KNOW KANE’S COMING OUT NEXT OKAY, THEY PUT HIS SHIT ON THE RING POSTS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will just assume all this bad talk about Batista is due to envy.

1xseA.jpg

PEACE

Kyoufu

Would love Batista to return. I wasn't watching WWE when he was there but another main eventer is what they need badly.

tm24

Raw numbers down again

The 8/6 edition of Raw averaged 4,367,000 viewers. Hour one was the lowest of the three, doing 4,007,000 viewers. Hour two was the highest at 4,648,000 while hour three dropped to 4,446,000. Across the board they were down from last week. And, the NFL and broadcast season premieres are a month away.
Code:
------------------------------------------------------
|Date | Avg Audience  | Hour 1    | Hour 2    |     Hour 3    |
------------------------------------------------------------
|7/23|   6,019,000     | 5,439,000| 6,318,000| 6,300,000|
|7/30| 4,495,000       |4,064,000 | 4,719,000| 4,701,000   |
|8/6|  4,367,000       |4,007,000  |4,648,000| 4,446,000   |

Batista's movie with the RZA looks all kinds of awesome.
I'd rather see him doing more stuff like that than be anywhere near a wrestling ring.
I feel the same way about The Rock

If Batista returns it needs to be in a heeltista mode and as an authority figure.
Because as much as I liked his heel run I don't want to suffer another bout of Batista main event domination, let us not forget he was the Sheamus of the past.
I just want Batista promos.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I liked the Batista Bomb where it was SO POWERFUL he did a backwards somersault. But then he became lazy as fuck and just stayed on his back for a bit.

Top Bottom