• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

They made it pretty clear that they would have preferred to wipe the department and rehire a new team with a full range of certifications and tons of networking on their resume.

My team climbed and have been the test pilots for every advancement our business division has taken on, starting with cloud telephony, then going into managed wifi solutions for hotels (here in Florida in the house of the mouse) , then fully managed support where we log into their pcs and fix stupid mundane things, then on to fiber first florida and now nation wide.

We would receive if we were lucky a 4 hour training block when we would take something new on, but normally just power points to go over on our own time.
But we did it, and the department grew and carried the company until the buy out.
If the department had been wiped at least I would have been able to get a buy out equating to about a year of full pay and benefits.
Meanwhile my next job is probably retail or fast food lol

Hex

Banned
Meanwhile my next job is probably retail or fast food lol

If I could make anywhere near what I make now shoveling horse shit somewhere I would jump at it.
I am trying to downsize my life so I can take on a job that I do not hate as much so that I can enjoy my time more.

If I could make anywhere near what I make now shoveling horse shit somewhere I would jump at it.
I am trying to downsize my life so I can take on a job that I do not hate as much so that I can enjoy my time more.
What you should do is become a wrestler

I always assumed Hex was New Blood. But he's Millionaires Club =0

Have fun getting married, FlammableMan. I'll do my best to kill SportsEntertainmentGAF.

Hex

Banned
I feel like that is where things are heading, friend.

Nagata might by my MVP of this G1.

Oh hands down for me.
Fuck wins and losses. There is not one Yuji Nagata match where I have not been wanting to give a standing ovation.
And it is not even really a "for his age" thing.
He legit outworks so many superstars,

Right, I need to actually get dressed and go get married, later nerds, don't burn WrassleGAF down while I'm gone

Congratulations, friend! Have a wonderful day!

Oh hands down for me.
Fuck wins and losses. There is not one Yuji Nagata match where I have not been wanting to give a standing ovation.
And it is not even really a "for his age" thing.
He legit outworks so many superstars,

Yeah he has been amazing the whole tourney. I look forward to seeing how it all wraps up for him.

Hopefully comes with a free Never Give Up cum rag.

Yup! Me and goldberg pillow divorced because it got too dirty without the cum rag. Live and learn.
tenor.gif

Cena wasn't mad so nobody else should be. That's pretty much beginning and end of story for me. Botching is a part of wrestling.

FWIW I consider Cena to be a great wrestler. He's proved that if he's given a reason he can hang with the best. Trust me AJ Styles didn't randomly have incredible matches with Cena while Owens has been doing mediocre stuff with Styles (and I love Owens so that's not a knock on him).

Super Cena has made people sour on him but you're completely going to miss him when he is gone.

Not a fair comparison.

AJ/Cena didn't have to do a countout finish, change the finish in the middle of the match and a TV match.

AJ/Cena got plenty more time too.

I bet AJ/Owens best match will be at Summerslam, they look like they've been holding back and what better place to go all out than the number 2 show of the year.

Some wrestlers just don't mesh. Mr. Perfect and Shawn Michaels didn't, neither did Ric Flair and Macho Man. I feel like Sheamus and Randy are competent workers even though both fit in with the "git ur shit in" match style anymore, but both guys couldn't connect that well in-ring. It happens. Cena isn't Benoit or Bret and not even close to them and it has zero to do with workrate. He is completely awful at selling. Hogan had the same superman gimmick but sold his opponents like death and made the matches that more intense.

Despite his problems he is still better than movez Rollins and Ambrose.

Ummm Savage and Flair had some good matches. Mania VIII specifically

Guzim

My birthday is July 4th. So I got Lex bodyslamming Yokozuna. Cena coming back and AJ winning a battle royal. Vince suspending Punk.

Zach

Cena is pretty bad. Just because his matches are given time and care, and he has the endurance to pull them off, doesn't make him a great joy to watch in the ring.

His stiffness always bothers me (not wrassle "stiff"; I'm talking his rigid, inflexible bod). His selling is generally embarrassingly bad. His pandering to critical fans by trying to do kewl movez does nothing for me. Anyone can add a new move to their repertoire. It doesn't make all other criticisms fall by the wayside.

His samey promos are tedious and his delivery sounds phony. His company man/I love WWE/The Universe/the sports-entertainment business is grating after 10+ years (and probably like 2+ years >_>).

He's an impressive man, who looks like a total goof. Just look at him. Of course some people won't be able to see past the jorts, etc.

I dunno. I still like some Cena stuff. And he seems decent enough, especially relatively speaking. But if we're talking wrasslin', dude's not great. There has never been a match where I haven't rolled my eyes because of him. Probably while he's "selling." Dude's a total ham.

Striker

Ummm Savage and Flair had some good matches. Mania VIII specifically
I enjoyed Mania 8's but 1) it was not up to both men's standards and 2) Vince not going with Hogan/Flair and Savage/Roberts instead. We've heard the details about house shows not supposedly working with the first two but that's such a blunder. Then you put the new babyface Undertaker against Papa Shango or something.

I enjoyed Mania 8's but 1) it was not up to both men's standards and 2) Vince not going with Hogan/Flair and Savage/Roberts instead. We've heard the details about house shows not supposedly working with the first two but that's such a blunder. Then you put the new babyface Undertaker against Papa Shango or something.

Flair/Savage is fantastic and the feud using Liz and 90s photoshop was great.

For the record it's Savage's secind highest rated match tied with Savage/Warrior.

Top Bottom