• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Hasney

I love Cena's stiffness. I want his stiffness.

edit: oh god top of the page

C1ucEe3.gif

Hex

Banned
Cena is pretty bad. Just because his matches are given time and care, and he has the endurance to pull them off, doesn't make him a great joy to watch in the ring.

His stiffness always bothers me (not wrassle "stiff"; I'm talking his rigid, inflexible bod). His selling is generally embarrassingly bad. His pandering to critical fans by trying to do kewl movez does nothing for me. Anyone can add a new move to their repertoire. It doesn't make all other criticisms fall by the wayside.

His samey promos are tedious and his delivery sounds phony. His company man/I love WWE/The Universe/the sports-entertainment business is grating after 10+ years (and probably like 2+ years >_>).

He's an impressive man, who looks like a total goof. Just look at him. Of course some people won't be able to see past the jorts, etc.

I dunno. I still like some Cena stuff. And he seems decent enough, especially relatively speaking. But if we're talking wrasslin', dude's not great. There has never been a match where I haven't rolled my eyes because of him. Probably while he's "selling." Dude's a total ham.

There are rare times, but very rare these days when he looks like he is having fun during a match and those matches can be better.
But honestly most Cena matches come off like the over practiced and choreographed fight at a Ren Faire.
There is no denying what he has done for the WWE, and no denying that kids love him, as do the John Deer demographic but most of the time when that music hits the momentum and feeling for a show just drops.

ICW's Davey Blaze on stage with Sister Sledge at a music festival is one of the most Davey Blaze things I've heard of. Thankfully he didn't get his knob out this time.

EDIT: Better link

I am kind of surprised WWE.com writing staff have access to finishes. You would assume they are told to report on events as they happened. It seems unnecessary.

klonere

Banned
Nagata and Ibushi had a real fucking strong style brawl. Goddamn that was a superlative match.

Nagata should get one last shot at the big belt!

Hex

Banned
Lita is one of those that hit at the right time, when there was not alot of access to Puro and Joshi, or even Lucha.
When she came out with Esse Rios it was like "God damn" then she would hit a rana from the apron or something and it then became "GOD DAMN".
But it was a poor shadow of what was going on and not getting attention in other places.

Top Bottom