• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Lol I knew people would make excuses for Nakamura dropping Cena on his head. Reminds me of when people called Lesnar dangerous for Rollins being an idiot and trying to backflip on Germans and failing.

How is it making excuses to expect Cena to take that move the same way literally everyone else he has ever done it to has taken it?

Hex

Banned
Lol I knew people would make excuses for Nakamura dropping Cena on his head. Reminds me of when people called Lesnar dangerous for Rollins being an idiot and trying to backflip on Germans and failing.

Nak did not drop him.
Cena made no effort what so ever to flip over for the exploder, you can see it rather clearly.
The only question was whether Cena knew that was the move coming or not.
Usually Cena barks moves so that the first four rows can hear, whether or not he and Nak were on the same page who knows.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Cena took a reverse exploder like it was a belly to back suplex, that's on Cena. If Nak did the wrong move or didn't call the spot properly then that part is on Nak.

It's not "making excuses".

Lol I knew people would make excuses for Nakamura dropping Cena on his head. Reminds me of 2015 when people called Lesnar dangerous for Rollins being an idiot and trying to backflip on Germans and failing and almost breaking his neck.

At least in 2017 we all know the kind of wrestler Rollins is.
Springsteen or Liu Kang alt?
dream?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How is it making excuses to expect Cena to take that move the same way literally everyone else he has ever done it to has taken it?

Cena wasn't mad so nobody else should be. That's pretty much beginning and end of story for me. Botching is a part of wrestling.

FWIW I consider Cena to be a great wrestler. He's proved that if he's given a reason he can hang with the best. Trust me AJ Styles didn't randomly have incredible matches with Cena while Owens has been doing mediocre stuff with Styles (and I love Owens so that's not a knock on him).

Super Cena has made people sour on him but you're completely going to miss him when he is gone.

Cena wasn't mad so nobody else should be. That's pretty much beginning and end of story for me. Botching is a part of wrestling.

FWIW I consider Cena to be a great wrestler. He's proved that if he's given a reason he can hang with the best. Trust me AJ Styles didn't randomly have incredible matches with Cena while Owens has been doing mediocre stuff with Styles (and I love Owens so that's not a knock on him).

Super Cena has made people sour on him but you're completely going to miss him when he is gone.

Agree with all of this.

Cena hasn't done a backflip ever. Can't wait to see Nakamura exploder suplex big show

lol whatever dude. Take it however you want.

Cena took a reverse exploder like it was a belly to back suplex, that's on Cena. If Nak did the wrong move or didn't call the spot properly then that part is on Nak.

It's not "making excuses".

Two wrestlers mess up a move. And people run to shift blame on to one of them. That's called making excuses.

I get the premise of that article, but that title does it no favors. And folks are just reading it as "Only use gifs that match your skin!" which is not what that meant at all.

Speaking of gifs, because of what happened to Popgaf I should probably stop using wrestling gifs outside of here huh.

The way I understand it, using a gif or two here or there is fine. What they don't want is us taking over a thread and spamming wrestling gifs that no one else would understand and would kill discussions.

I forget the threads but I've seen this happen before lol

PopGAF made it worse by then trying to make this argument that the mods shutting down their gif takeovers was somehow anti-LGBT.

It was a mess. Best to just say "use gifs how you want, but don't go overboard" and leave it at that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To take that Cena hot take further, if Reigns was booked sensibly and was given basically any leeway to play a vaguely different character I would like Reigns too.

He's a good wrestler. He just has to play a bad Super Cena knockoff all the time.

To take that Cena hot take further, if Reigns was booked sensibly and was given basically any leeway to play a vaguely different character I would like Reigns too.

He's a good wrestler. He just has to play a bad Super Cena knockoff all the time.

I like what they've been doing with Roman lately. He's basically a version of Cena who is totally aware of how much he wins. Like he has no misconceptions about being an underdog. He just owns the fact that he wins all the time.

My only issue with him now is the obvious dissonance between his current character work and the fact that he's still cast as a babyface.

Speaking of Roman, Meltzer was praising him pretty heavily on Twitter today. Called him one of the best workers in the company, not quite AJ level though. Then when someone suggested that Roman was a WWE type guy and wouldn't be a big star anywhere else, Meltzer shot back saying "the hell he wouldn't" and went on to imply that Roman is good enough that he would be at or near the top of pretty much any promotion in the world that he went to.

Angry Grimace

Speaking of Roman, Meltzer was praising him pretty heavily on Twitter today. Called him one of the best workers in the company, not quite AJ level though. Then when someone suggested that Roman was a WWE type guy and wouldn't be a big star anywhere else, Meltzer shot back saying "the hell he wouldn't" and went on to imply that Roman is good enough that he would be at or near the top of pretty much any promotion in the world that he went to.
Roman would be a fucking good looking dude anywhere he went and would be an above average worker anywhere he went. It isn't an actual mystery why Roman gets pushed.

NJPW would bend over backwards to bring Reigns in if they could afford it. I fucking guarantee it. I don't know shit about NJPW but unless they're run by mouth breathing dullards of course they would.

Striker

Some wrestlers just don't mesh. Mr. Perfect and Shawn Michaels didn't, neither did Ric Flair and Macho Man. I feel like Sheamus and Randy are competent workers even though both fit in with the "git ur shit in" match style anymore, but both guys couldn't connect that well in-ring. It happens. Cena isn't Benoit or Bret and not even close to them and it has zero to do with workrate. He is completely awful at selling. Hogan had the same superman gimmick but sold his opponents like death and made the matches that more intense.

Despite his problems he is still better than movez Rollins and Ambrose.

Roman would be a fucking good looking dude anywhere he went and would be an above average worker anywhere he went. It isn't an actual mystery why Roman gets pushed.

NJPW would bend over backwards to bring Reigns in if they could afford it. I fucking guarantee it. I don't know shit about NJPW but unless they're run by mouth breathing dullards of course they would.

I think the only difference would be that I really doubt that another company would have this weird insistence of keeping Roman has a baby face. Dude has been putting on really solid matches for a while now, and I honestly think the dude would be even more of a mega star if the WWE just had him turn heel for a year or so back in like 2015

Recall

I've not had time to watch the G1 so just finished Day 2 today.

Juice vs Kojima from day 2 was outstanding. Not a 4 star must see classic but they pulled off something so clean and impactful, it was a joy to watch.

I wonder how Roman would go wrestling a different style and in a promotion with a different presentation. I think he would probably do well. I think he would put on a hell of a lot better matches than Cody.

Recall

D-Lo Brown and Jamal did well for themselves in AJPW.

Japanese promotions seem less scripted, more freeing to let the talent shine through. Roman would flourish in Japan and give him more experience too.

Two wrestlers mess up a move. And people run to shift blame on to one of them. That's called making excuses.

Mate, the reverse powerslam is one of the most dangerous moves in wrestling, no joke. It's why very, very few wrestlers bother to use it - the guy taking the move HAS to rotate almost 360 degree at the release point to avoid getting dumped on his neck, and there's only so much the guy instigating the move can do to facilitate that.

Hex

Banned
DGXPbFfVwAEsbQD.jpg

#TooSweet

Angry Grimace

Let's just put it this way: lots of wrestlers are taking that bump (not on purpose). The reason people are so interested is because it's the biggest wrestler in the world.

Hex

Banned
What happened?

Started with a very simple issue with me falling asleep kind of out of nowhere, which at first was kind of a funny ha ha thing until someone in upper management saw me nodded off for a moment at work.
My Supervisor is cool he is like "do what you need to do, take the time you need to find out whats up, I will take care of things here".
So while I am working with my doctor getting heart tests one day, sleep tests another day, blood here and there the company pulled my insurance.
Spent a week dealing with that only to be told "they were not supposed to do that, you are covered on leave sorry about that" Then I found out that FMLA which is what my leave was under was actually never taken care of, when my company got bought out they dropped everyone's paperwork and never told employees. It was up to each teams management.
So back to no insurance but had to have doctor fill out papers to get approved for leave so that I can have my insurance...so forth and so on.

TLDR My company got bought out (Brighthouse bought my Spectrum) and they have one company that handles benefits, another that handles leave/fmla and nobody communicates.

The whole issue should have been resolved in a week. Sleep apnea and a minor adjustment in my migraine meds.
But instead I have had to put my last two months rent and car payments on credit cards.

I plan to go back just long enough to pay off my car and then I am looking elsewhere

Started with a very simple issue with me falling asleep kind of out of nowhere, which at first was kind of a funny ha ha thing until someone in upper management saw me nodded off for a moment at work.
My Supervisor is cool he is like "do what you need to do, take the time you need to find out whats up, I will take care of things here".
So while I am working with my doctor getting heart tests one day, sleep tests another day, blood here and there the company pulled my insurance.
Spent a week dealing with that only to be told "they were not supposed to do that, you are covered on leave sorry about that" Then I found out that FMLA which is what my leave was under was actually never taken care of, when my company got bought out they dropped everyone's paperwork and never told employees. It was up to each teams management.
So back to no insurance but had to have doctor fill out papers to get approved for leave so that I can have my insurance...so forth and so on.

TLDR My company got bought out (Brighthouse bought my Spectrum) and they have one company that handles benefits, another that handles leave/fmla and nobody communicates.

The whole issue should have been resolved in a week. Sleep apnea and a minor adjustment in my migraine meds.
But instead I have had to put my last two months rent and car payments on credit cards.

I plan to go back just long enough to pay off my car and then I am looking elsewhere
Goddamn your company sucks. Sorry to hear. Glad it was just sleep apnea. I think I have it.

I want it to be non-hangover day

I worry about how I will feel tomorrow. It is Friday here, so..

I have to go out for dinner tomorrow night.

On another note, I am hyped for this Giant Bomb East X-COM thing coming up. GBE puts out so much more and such better content than the West office now it is crazy.

Hex

Banned
Goddamn your company sucks. Sorry to hear. Glad it was just sleep apnea

Thanks.
Yeah when I was looking at various things it could be I was pretty spooked.
The company is total carny trash as far as management goes, which is sad it did not used to be that way. I have been there going on twelve years.
They are making it harder just to come back then to diagnose the problem.
Have to get cleared, have doctor fill out three forms, fax those in and then wait to get a return date.
Best part was they denied me temp disability benefits because the issue did not fit their range of needs. (Though if I did not get it taken care of and fell asleep again I would get canned)

Thanks.
Yeah when I was looking at various things it could be I was pretty spooked.
The company is total carny trash as far as management goes, which is sad it did not used to be that way. I have been there going on twelve years.
They are making it harder just to come back then to diagnose the problem.
Have to get cleared, have doctor fill out three forms, fax those in and then wait to get a return date.
Best part was they denied me temp disability benefits because the issue did not fit their range of needs. (Though if I did not get it taken care of and fell asleep again I would get canned)
What do you do at your jerb?

IT fiber support for hotels, schools, city buildings, sports arenas, large business.
I hate it but the money and benefits are solid as can be.
With the way upper management is handling it you'd think you were an air traffic controller or something lol

Hex

Banned
With the way upper management is handling it you'd think you were an air traffic controller or something lol

They made it pretty clear that they would have preferred to wipe the department and rehire a new team with a full range of certifications and tons of networking on their resume.

My team climbed and have been the test pilots for every advancement our business division has taken on, starting with cloud telephony, then going into managed wifi solutions for hotels (here in Florida in the house of the mouse) , then fully managed support where we log into their pcs and fix stupid mundane things, then on to fiber first florida and now nation wide.

We would receive if we were lucky a 4 hour training block when we would take something new on, but normally just power points to go over on our own time.
But we did it, and the department grew and carried the company until the buy out.
If the department had been wiped at least I would have been able to get a buy out equating to about a year of full pay and benefits.

Top Bottom