• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Foggy

I think Amazon, Facebook and Twitter are way more interested in exclusive streaming rights for sports than Netflix is. Netflix is all about diversity of content ala HBO circa late 80s. Facebook and Twitter want it because it drives up engagement on their platform since so much viewing happens as a secondary thing via social.

Amazon would only want it just to further dominate in that space

Yeah, on Amazon's list for complete global saturation, professional wrasslin has to be pretty damn low on the totem pole. Now if they suddenly get infrastructure in place for live streaming, well then...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm amazed Cordy is posting in an OT. Usually he only shows up in PPV threads and only after the event is over and tries to get a rise out of people bitching about how shitty the PPV inevitably was.

The marks in there are easier Cordy, you won't last in here.

cordy

Banned
I'm amazed Cordy is posting in an OT. Usually he only shows up in PPV threads and only after the event is over and tries to get a rise out of people bitching about how shitty the PPV inevitably was.

I agree with most that most ppvs are mild if not horrible. Shit the reason you don't see me much is because unlike most I actually skip a great amount of Raw and SDLs lol. Since the Shakeup my viewing has considerably cutdown and besides that Raw's the better show these days. I stopped watching wrestling from 06-11 too, it's easy for me to cut it out but somehow the WWE kept thriving. That's just how they do.

And Battleground was a sin.

Hex

Banned

It was nice too because I usually only had to deal with shit posting for ppvs.
Someone future endeavor the door guy.

Imagine pro wrestling in a matrix hackefd reality with particle effects, slow mo, hp bars. movie fight scripting. Future generations are lucky

Yeah, on Amazon's list for complete global saturation, professional wrasslin has to be pretty damn low on the totem pole. Now if they suddenly get infrastructure in place for live streaming, well then...

Amazon can do whatever they hell they want. They have AWS and Twitch, it wouldn't take them long to spin something up. And they already got the NFL rights.

Anth0ny

I think Amazon, Facebook and Twitter are way more interested in exclusive streaming rights for sports than Netflix is. Netflix is all about diversity of content ala HBO circa late 80s. Facebook and Twitter want it because it drives up engagement on their platform since so much viewing happens as a secondary thing via social.

Amazon would only want it just to further dominate in that space

Fine speech. One problem though.

We're in an entertainment thread. Talking about streaming entertainment!

I have one simple solution.

Bring back WCW

I'm content with a return of War Games

You know those two no names who are gonna have a 2 hour double ironman match in WXW? Not gonna see it. Know what 2 hour match I would see? 2 hour War Games, roster doesn't matter as long as it's random (not all one promotion)

Lucha Underground will be gone in a few years too.

Thank god. It's sort of amazing how fast they pissed away all the goodwill they built up with that first season.

-Insane gap between seasons, with no clue on if there even was going to be a second one
-A second season that was lackluster for multiple reasons
-News about their bullshit contracts get out, become hated for holding great talent hostage
-Landing on Netflix with a thud
-A third season that took a break for "reasons" (aka El Rey praying that Netflix would rekindle interest, it didn't) and is still going, and while better than season 2, still not close to the level the first season hit

The finale of Season 3 taped over a year ago, and we're still a long way away from that actually airing. I'm still watching because it's only an hour a week, but damn. I can't say I'll be too sad if it doesn't come back.

Zach

Clearly the solution is to follow in WCW's footsteps and give Vince Russo complete creative control over the product.

Nothing bad will come of that.
Was it my man NeoGAF Bruce Springsteen who was the Vince Russo apologist?

Ha! Love it.

Imagine your favorite wrestler going to the WWE and losing a match to Big Cass.

Don't worry, it's coming lol.
But I don't even watch anymore. >_>

Well, except for '90s matches on YouTube. >___>

So I guess Austin could maybe come back as Stunning Steve and start losing to Big C. There's always that possibility. >____>

Anth0ny

Was it my man NeoGAF Bruce Springsteen who was the Vince Russo apologist?

Ha! Love it.

Wait a second.

NeoGAF Bruce Springsteen?

NeoGAF... Vince McMahon?

Both....... gimmick posters?

giphy.gif

cordy

Banned
But I don't even watch anymore. >_>

Well, except for '90s matches on YouTube. >___>

So I guess Austin could maybe come back as Stunning Steve and start losing to Big C. There's always that possibility. >____>

Damn.

You got me. I take the L.

Hex

Banned
Imagine your favorite wrestler going to the WWE and losing a match to Big Cass.

Don't worry, it's coming lol.

It is ok dawg, those Hustle Loyalty and Respect pjs look legit on you, and whoever told you that having three replica title belts is not #safe was just jealous.

Now throw it in dawg
dean-ambrose-3324_payback-2015-05-18.gif

By the way the guys still totally love you letting them use your gifs.

I mean look, the only evidence we could possibly use to draw a conclusion indicates it will be. Maybe it won't, but there's at least a legit reason to have hope.

Is that indication NXT because I think you can argue it's not nearly close to being what it was 2-3 years ago. I know the brand split didn't help, but it's still pretty shaky right now IMO.

cordy

Banned
It is ok dawg, those Hustle Loyalty and Respect pjs look legit on you, and whoever told you that having three replica title belts is not #safe was just jealous.

Now throw it in dawg
dean-ambrose-3324_payback-2015-05-18.gif

By the way the guys still totally love you letting them use your gifs.

Bruh you just mad that AJ Lee refused to hug you and you got so pissed you went home and started booking her against Cena in your e-fed.

Is that indication NXT because I think you can argue it's not nearly close to being what it was 2-3 years ago. I know the brand split didn't help, but it's still pretty shaky right now IMO.

IMO, recently they've finally recovered. I would put the past two months of NXT (basically everything since Takeover Chicago) up against any era of NXT. Opinions of course, but even then, you have to say it's always been better than Raw and SD. Even the worst of NXT at least makes sense and books long-term stories.

IMO, recently they've finally recovered. I would put the past two months of NXT (basically everything since Takeover Chicago) up against any era of NXT. Opinions of course, but even then, you have to say it's always been better than Raw and SD. Even the worst of NXT at least makes sense and books long-term stories.

This is fair. Is this due to HHH being hands off from the writers? I still think WWE needs to bring in different, non WWE tenured, trainers to change things up a bit.

Foggy

It's a hell of a thing that Juice Robinson got a standing ovation after a match with Tama Tonga. A hell of a thing, indeed.

Hex

Banned
Really, the treatment of CM Punk was the biggest indicator that yes, WWE has no idea what it's doing and hasn't for awhile.

It is ironic to me that WWE used the term best for business so much flippantly because they have proven , like in the matter you mention and others that they do not do what is best for business and let personal whims get in the way far too often.

This is fair. Is this due to HHH being hands off from the writers? I still think WWE needs to bring in different, non WWE tenured, trainers to change things up a bit.

I think it's just because HHH isn't the micromanager that Vince is. He trusts his team and his performers to make things work.

Anth0ny

It is ironic to me that WWE used the term best for business so much flippantly because they have proven , like in the matter you mention and others that they do not do what is best for business and let personal whims get in the way far too often.

Or, they truly believe what they do IS best for business, and those midgets like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan that just a few fans cheer for (at every show) aren't real stars. Roman Reigns is best for business. It's decided and that's that.

It's like... Trump doesn't think what he's doing is evil. Vince probably operates the same way. He's not wrong, we're wrong.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Or, they truly believe what they do IS best for business, and those midgets like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan that just a few fans cheer for (at every show) aren't real stars. Roman Reigns is best for business. It's decided and that's that.

It's like... Trump doesn't think what he's doing is evil. Vince probably operates the same way. He's not wrong, we're wrong.

skvCQnF.gif

Hex

Banned
Bruh you just mad that AJ Lee refused to hug you and you got so pissed you went home and started booking her against Cena in your e-fed.

I wasn't mad...I was hurt.
I thought she and I had a real connection.
She still beats Cena 3 out of every 5 yo.

cordy

Banned

Reigns is great in the ring and he's not bad but he'd be a lot better had they let him do what he wants to do. You can tell he's pigeonholed like a lot of others. I still remember that clip of him during the Sheamus feud standing on the ladder where the camera cut away late and dude looked depressed saying the shit that he said. The Styles feud might have been his best feud thus far but that's mostly because he didn't say shit and it was against Styles. Just going in and beating dudes up.

Not many people have freedom. Lesnar, Cena, shit surprisingly 3 brothas like the New Day have more freedom than it seems Roman has. I'm not mad at that tho.
I wasn't mad...I was hurt.
I thought she and I had a real connection.
She still beats Cena 3 out of every 5 yo.

As she should, as she should.

Top Bottom