• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

somedevil

It's hard to say how much of an impact it would truly have, but truth be told, you don't suffer the grind of making a living and reach the highest levels if your only goal is to get a call from papa Haitch. There's a special amount of mental illness needed to last and excel enough to even get to the point where you're on WWE's radar.

I feel like its a bit easier to get signed now compared to the days before Punk and Bryan. Especially now for women since the four horsewoman and the end of the model days under john laurinaitis.

I believe Jr in his podcast with lita talked about the lost generation of women wrestlers during that time.

I feel like its a bit easier to get signed now compared to the days before Punk and Bryan. Especially now for women since the four horsewoman and the end of the model days under john laurinaitis.

I believe Jr in his podcast with lita talked about the lost genereation of women wrestlers during that time.

Yeah, he specifically called out somone like Mercedes Martinez who, if she was just coming onto the scene now, she'd be immediately picked up by WWE. But she came up and was in her prime years when WWE wasn't looking for women to wrestle. So now when they are, she's on the wrong side of her prime.

In her specific instance I think they want to hire her as a coach, so that's a good ending to that story at least if it happens.

Nah, this will always be our banner

CBToFf8VEAAI9q-.jpg

People thought he actually should have won this match

Foggy

I believe Jr in his podcast with lita talked about the lost generation of women wrestlers during that time.

It's definitely an easier time now and a more opportunistic time right now, especially for female wrestlers. But wake me up in two years when the WWE is still eager to collect this kind of talent for a women's division. Same for the cruiserweights.

klonere

Banned
The history of TV as a successful medium and prowrestling as a successful form of entertainment that ehzhjckdka a znnsjeidj

It's definitely an easier time now and a more opportunistic time right now, especially for female wrestlers. But wake me up in two years when the WWE is still eager to collect this kind of talent for a women's division. Same for the cruiserweights.

CWs I can kind of see.

But I just think any kind of argument that WWE will give up on the women is laughable when the women draw better now and the women demographic is a bigger part of WWE's audience than it has ever been.

Zach

TV has entertained wrestling fans know that entering business some sports will be entered money and ratings either way whether or not niche talent. #5yeast

klonere

Banned
For alot of the history of pro wrestling there was no TV but it didn't stop the flow of people entering the business.

We are approaching the point where the reality of wrestling without TV was 100s of years ago.

The business has changed just a slight but since then.

I'm still mad in the era of social media they can't find a way to shoehorn the Hardcore 24/7 title back into WWE.

Edit: I guess with they way it's booked, that's basically the US title huh.

Foggy

CWs I can kind of see.

But I just think any kind of argument that WWE will give up on the women is laughable when the women draw better now and the women demographic is a bigger part of WWE's audience than it has ever been.

That's all well and good, but the WWE certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to logical progression and sustaining a good thing. If it continues over a sustained period of time then it'll earn some modicum of optimism going forward.

That's all well and good, but the WWE certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to logical progression and sustaining a good thing. If it continues over a sustained period of time then it'll earn some modicum of optimism going forward.

The female audience has been increasing for a few years straight now. And they've had their commitment to the women since mid-2015, not even counting NXT where they've been committed to it from a talent signing perspective since 2013. So we already have two straight years of evidence, or four if you count NXT.

There's no logical reason to believe they'd reverse course there at this point. Seems like a baseless assumption.

Foggy

The female audience has been increasing for a few years straight now. And they've had their commitment to the women since mid-2015, not even counting NXT where they've been committed to it from a talent signing perspective since 2013. So we already have two straight years of evidence, or four if you count NXT.

There's no logical reason to believe they'd reverse course there at this point. Seems like a baseless assumption.

Anticipating and predicting WWE's decision-making should never be fueled by logic. That much is clear after all these years. And I'm certainly not so proud as to admit when they do something right, I just need more to show for it. For me, a lot hinges on how things play out after the MYC.

As much as it steams my beans that quality talent has migrated under the WWE umbrella, it'll ultimately be a net positive if they're a positive representation for years to come. Or a net negative if you think more good-hearted women getting wrapped up in this carny sport is a bad thing.

Anticipating and predicting WWE's decision-making should never be fueled by logic. That much is clear after all these years. And I'm certainly not so proud as to admit when they do something right, I just need more to show for it. For me, a lot hinges on how things play out after the MYC.

As much as it steams my beans that quality talent has migrated under the WWE umbrella, it'll ultimately be a net positive if they're a positive representation for years to come. Or a net negative if you think more good-hearted women getting wrapped up in this carny sport is a bad thing.

I'm not saying you can't have doubt. But just that there's no reason to believe that with any level of certainty. There's too much logic pointing in the other direction.

local TV, TV's were wide spread until the mid tp late 50. And pro wrestling was going on way before that.

I'm not saying it will die completely but it will drop in massive numbers if kids don't have it on weekly TV and thus get inspired.

My same point applies far more entertainment options now

Top Bottom