• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Big-Show-Yes-chant-in-crowd.jpg

#YESMOVEMENT

#StephMovement
#StephStephSteph
#SyphonOffBryansHeatByAnyMeansNecessary

e77620a5378616fb8f61c3ca72a506132b2decc9_hq.gif

klonere

Banned
If the same crop of posters were around to butt heads with the 5 years folks I'm pretty sure everyone would have ended up perma'd.

THEN WE COULD TALK ABOUT AJPW ALL DAY BABY

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have Okada and Ibushi ever wrestled? And if so (I assume so), was it a banger?

Mahonay

Banned
To be fair, that was only said once every few pages, but it spread like his waistline! *heel laughter*
What was unbearable was those some people who were making KO fat jokes, then accusing other posters of body shaming for commenting on any other wrestler's appearance. Just blatant trolling.

BUNCHA RABBLE ROUSERS

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They wreslted earlier this year and yeah it was great and once before in DDT

this year? wasnt Ibushi off in la la land this year before the G1, wrestling in parking lots and shit? :eek:

What was unbearable was those some people who were making KO fat jokes, then accusing other posters of body shaming for commenting on any other wrestler's appearance. Just blatant trolling.

BUNCHA RABBLE ROUSERS

TBF I only do it because body shaming the Main Event Maharajah seemed to be on the table.

Anth0ny

The last two weeks of Vince McMahon Jr's monday night brand vehicle did 2.13 and 2.12 ratings respectively, down from the same weeks last year which did a 2.36 and 2.3 respectively.

5 weeks of programming remain until Monday Night Football begins.

Mahonay

Banned
The last two weeks of Vince McMahon Jr's monday night brand vehicle did 2.13 and 2.12 ratings respectively, down from the same weeks last year which did a 2.36 and 2.3 respectively.

5 weeks of programming remain until Monday Night Football begins.
Time to bring back XFL.

Hmm? What happened

From what I understand, Onita told CZW a few weeks ago that he wasn't getting paid enough to come in and work a singles match. So CZW changed it to a six man tag match, but hasn't told anybody. They are going to run an angle to turn it into one, and are selling tickets advertising Tremont vs. Onita while knowing for a while that it's not going to happen.

This is the gist of the Onita situation, assuming what's going around is true.

As the cited "source" I'd like to clarify some things:

Onita informed CZW shortly after the match was announced and tickets went on sale that he would not wrestle Tremont in a singles match. The reason he gave was that Tremont did not have a big enough name, nor was he familiar with Tremont. Because I have contacts in Japan, and because I'm a Onita fan that has followed his career pretty closely, it's my belief that he realizes that at 59 years old he's simply not capable of doing a passable singles match, especially with someone he has little knowledge of. There is a reason why Onita has wrestled only a dozen or so singles matches in the last 10 years and why he has mostly wrestled in tag matches and six man tag matches . I speculated on another forum that "money talks", and that Onita might do the match if the price is right. I never stated though that he refused the match because he wasn't getting paid enough.

Whether what I say is credible or not, that's really up to everyone to decide for themselves. I stand by what I've said publicly on Twitter and on ZandigFans. I hope, by all means, I'm wrong and that the fans get the match they were sold without any fuckery. At the end of the day that's all I care about because I have a friend that spent considerable money on flights, hotel, and event tickets because he had to be there for Onita / Tremont.

Thanks

I remember talking with Keyser Soze in a thread months ago and he basically seemed to be under the impression that WrassleGAF was still the shithole it was a few years back, I actually tried to tell him it became a better place since then. So yeah, we're still riding that reputation from back then unfortunately :/

I dont really have any issue with the thread now. The few times I come in here nowadays everything is great in WrassleGAFland. I do however have very little to be excited about with the current state of WWE. And thus I dont really have much to say. Even though I heard Smackdown and NXT was supposed to be good this week I ended up just watching a few clips on Youtube to catch up - I watched Fashion Peaks twice. I made a good choice. If more stuff like Black vs O'Reilly was allowed to happen inside the company I would be a much happier/excited fan over. I know I will probably have more to say during Summerslam weekend in those thread, as that always happens...

...so, I guess this means I am a part timer now! :(

This is the gist of the Onita situation, assuming what's going around is true.
Lol. Jesus

I took a glance at Twitter when I saw your post just to see if there was any obvious answers, and I saw Tremont and his friends hyping it up, as well as a pic of Onita there in person

Interested to see how that turns out because yikes

I dont really have any issue with the thread now. The few times I come in here nowadays everything is great in WrassleGAFland. I do however have very little to be excited about with the current state of WWE. And thus I dont really have much to say. Even though I heard Smackdown and NXT was supposed to be good this week I ended up just watching a few clips on Youtube to catch up - I watched Fashion Peaks twice. I made a good choice. If more stuff like Black vs O'Reilly was allowed to happen inside the company I would be a much happier/excited fan over. I know I will probably have more to say during Summerslam weekend in those thread, as that always happens...

Meanwhile I'm in the process, hiatus today, of binge watching the past 2 months of smackdow then raw

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

The solution is to watch non WWE wrestling. Go watch the G1 and see your love of wrestling get rekindled hard.

You should try out Progress! They have a streaming service, Demand Progress, and you can get your first month for 99 cents. It's great and their shows are always a good time.

Top Bottom