• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Mahonay

Banned
Still relatively new to this place, does this bean dude show up just to get banned, rinse, repeat?
Bean is one the WrassleGAF OGs. People used to be pretty aggressive in these threads and just go in on other members. It was pretty much a free for all. If you didn't have thick skin you were toast

Mods crack down on it pretty quickly now after shit got pretty crazy a couple years back, and threatened to end us permanently.

I don't know, I think it's a positive thing that people don't shout down at each other anymore. Others seem to really miss it. Bean just got his jimmies rustled and didn't let it go.

To DM's chagrin, it seems the olds, in fact, cannot still go.

Sad to see, really.
75DMYca.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would like to apologise to my friend Bronx for saying he wasnt as good looking or talented as Marty Scurll the other day, that wasnt very nice :(

True, but not very nice.

:3

for reals tho, is Scurll any good? His entrance attire is beyond fantastic.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I say this a lot but as someone that joined about 2 years ago, WrassleGAF is in a much much better place than it was when I started. Nonstop gimmick posters, people spouting out the bullshit opinions to get a rise out of others, etc. These days we all get along for the most part and the most heated discussion here is "Did Omega/Okada really deserve six stars?" and not "DANIEL BRYAN IS A FUCKING BUST, HE'S NOT OVER, THE CHANT IS OVER"

Real shit, the only person I miss from that era is Sunny. That's because deep down, I knew that man believed every single word he said. The rest? Don't need em. Not when I see a group as good as the one we got now.

Mahonay

Banned
I say this a lot but as someone that joined about 2 years ago, WrassleGAF is in a much much better place than it was when I started. Nonstop gimmick posters, people spouting out the bullshit opinions to get a rise out of others, etc. These days we all get along for the most part and the most heated discussion here is "Did Omega/Okada really deserve six stars?" and not "DANIEL BRYAN IS A FUCKING BUST, HE'S NOT OVER, THE CHANT IS OVER"

Real shit, the only person I miss from that era is Sunny. That's because deep down, I knew that man believed every single word he said. The rest? Don't need em. Not when I see a group as good as the one we got now.
I miss Sunny too. He had to go commit account Seppuku by placing an unwinnable bet.

It was for a year I think, shouldn't that be up soon?

Anth0ny

It feels like yesterday that we were arguing about the best heel in the wrestling business, Eva Marie.

Real heel heat, brothers.

Agree with pretty much all of this.

If you think the current group is good I can't imagine just how bad it was back then

Oh, it was bad. It was very bad.

Mahonay

Banned
Being the Daniel Bryan mark I am, I got trolled hard and often back then. I eventually caught on and just went along with it.

Anth0ny

Tom Brady just cut Bryan Danielson's return to wrestling promo:

"You know, I don't want to get into things that happened in my past, certainly medical history and so forth," Brady said. "I don't really think that's anybody's business. So, you know, what happened last year, I'm just focused on this year and improving and working on things I need to get better at. So that's how I approach everything.

"I mean I'm not sitting here worried about last year or five years ago. There's other people that do worry about that: my wife or my parents or my sisters or people that love me and care about me. But I do the best I can do to come out and be prepared to play and mentally and physically and I'll give the game everything I can."

"I'll leave the worrying to Brie and my newborn kid. In the meantime, I'll be working strong style with Shibata."

lol I went in the GOT thread and said the upcoming episode was good (literally all I said was "it's great, be excited") and now I got some dude threatening me with a ban.

People are crazy.

Anth0ny

lol I went in the GOT thread and said the upcoming episode was good (literally all I said was "it's great, be excited") and now I got some dude threatening me with a ban.

People are crazy.

this is the same forum that considers names of bosses in dark souls (how DARE you spoil the name of the third boss, Xianocorx the Demented) or names of locations in zelda (How dare you spoiler KAKARIKO VILLAGE) to be spoilers

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
this is the same forum that considers names of bosses in dark souls (how DARE you spoil the name of the third boss, Xianocorx the Demented) or names of locations in zelda (How dare you spoiler KAKARIKO VILLAGE) to be spoilers

Spoiler culture is the worst.

I posted a screencap from the Star Trek Into Darkness trailer in the thread about said trailer and had some guy lose his shit on me.

Get a fucking grip.

Zach

I don't like spoilerz but if I'm on the internet I take responsibility for exposing myself to potential spoilerz.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I remember someone in OT complaining about spoilers when I posted the giant squid from Watchmen. I just stared at that post for a good minute in awe and disbelief.

Raw64life

Some people in these very threads consider betting odds for live events that haven't even occurred yet and are very often subject to last minute changes to be spoilers.

Anth0ny

I don't like spoilerz but if I'm on the internet I take responsibility for exposing myself to potential spoilerz.

I just don't understand the people who are hanging out in the, say, Zelda thread, not playing the game but constantly refreshing, and then complaining about someone spoiling something.

Like maybe if you're so sensitive about spoilers, I don't know... PLAY through the game first before entering the thread for the game? I dunno. There's ALWAYS going to be that guy who accidentally spoils something. Always. Why even risk it?

I stay out of threads and off social media if I'm afraid of something being spoiled. I didn't even load up Twitter the week before The Force Awakens came out, let alone clicked on a Star Wars thread on GAF.

Zach

I just don't understand the people who are hanging out in the, say, Zelda thread, not playing the game but constantly refreshing, and then complaining about someone spoiling something.

Like maybe if you're so sensitive about spoilers, I don't know... PLAY through the game first before entering the thread for the game? I dunno. There's ALWAYS going to be that guy who accidentally spoils something. Always. Why even risk it?

I stay out of threads and off social media if I'm afraid of something being spoiled. I didn't even load up Twitter the week before The Force Awakens came out, let alone clicked on a Star Wars thread on GAF.
Exactly.

P.S.
200.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Some people in these very threads consider betting odds for live events that haven't even occurred yet and are very often subject to last minute changes to be spoilers.
What's the percentage of betting odds getting it right for fake sports? Feel like it would be somewhat high.

Still bizarre to me that there's betting in pro wrestling at all.

Raw64life

What's the percentage of betting odds getting it right for fake sports? Feel like it would be somewhat high.

Still bizarre to me that there's betting in pro wrestling at all.

It's pretty high, probably higher than your average smart marks predictions, but betting odds are still just that: somebody's predictions. They're not 100% accurate by any means. Something that hasn't actually happened yet can't possibly be considered a spoiler unless you've discovered time travel.

ShadyK54

People are crazy.

I made a slight mention in the my hero academia thread weeks ago about how I enjoyed the manga counterpart of what was going to be an upcoming episode.

That was literally it, no hinting or spoiling of what was going to happen, just a "the manga was great, so I'm hype" & guy got peeved at my "hinting."

I mean, I sort of get it but still. Spoiler culture is interesting.

I remember someone in OT complaining about spoilers when I posted the giant squid from Watchmen. I just stared at that post for a good minute in awe and disbelief.

I've seen multiple people over in Gaming Side complaining about people spoiling Aeris's death in FF7 before the remake comes out and all I can think about that is "which rock did you crawl out from under?"

Mahonay

Banned
It's pretty high, probably higher than your average smart marks predictions, but betting odds are still just that: somebody's predictions. They're not 100% accurate by any means. Something that hasn't actually happened yet can't possibly be considered a spoiler unless you've discovered time travel.
Well if they're more right than wrong, it is inherently going to give away some of the results. I can understand why someone wouldn't want to see them. I don't care personally, but I get it.

klonere

Banned

I enjoyed shitposting at the time but the thread got completely unbearable.

"Kevin Owens is fat" every page~!

Zach

I've seen multiple people over in Gaming Side complaining about people spoiling Aeris's death in FF7 before the remake comes out and all I can think about that is "which rock did you crawl out from under?"
They could just be young. Or like me. I've never played through it. Although I know that's a thing that happens.

Top Bottom