• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Hex

Banned
Man these G1 promos are fucking solid. Shoutouts to letting wrestlers be themselves on the mic.

Also Tama Tonga would be incredible for Bullet Club. I can easily see him carving the comedy out of Bullet Club and making it a brute force out there. Really hope Young Bucks/Omega leave to be ELITE and Bullet Club feuds them.

I think that would be Cody's role.
Do you really think that Tama, Fale, and Owens can scrounge up a shred of charisma to push Bullet Club?
It would be like NWO with Virgil, Big Show and fake Sting.

Foggy

giphy.gif

Anth0ny

Man these G1 promos are fucking solid. Shoutouts to letting wrestlers be themselves on the mic.

Also Tama Tonga would be incredible for Bullet Club. I can easily see him carving the comedy out of Bullet Club and making it a brute force out there. Really hope Young Bucks/Omega leave to be ELITE and Bullet Club feuds them. I really wanna see Scurl, Tonga, Fale out there vs Omega and the Bucks.

zsj proves that throwing "dickhead" at the end of any promo makes it 100x better

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just woke up, this new Usos theme is hot fire, I wont have none of you shit on it.

shaowebb

Once Daniel Bryan gets out of that contract though, OH BOY.

How far away is that? Guy will definitely split. His draw power will be worth a ton to NJPW. Smart money is to book him vs ZSJ as soon as humanly possible. Those two squaring off again now that ZSJ has come into his style more would be a major thing to see.

Honestly I can see many WWE guys looking at their pay and just straight up admitting now that they made a mistake. Vince doesn't pay them as well as the indies that give them more freedom both in the ring and on the mic. I could see a LOT of guys leaving and doin better on their own. Sami Zayn IMO would be a solid guy to go off to make it overseas. Tozawa, Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik, Luke Harper, and hell even someone like Rusev are all guys I look at and think should go too. Obviously dudes not getting to live up to their full potential where their at. If Juice Robinson can grow this much simply by leaving then yeah I can see so much talent in WWE finding true greener pastures outside the company. Hell even Nakamura feels like hes muted heavily stuck in McWrestling.

Anth0ny

How far away is that? Guy will definitely split. His draw power will be worth a ton to NJPW. Smart money is to book him vs ZSJ as soon as humanly possible. Those two squaring off again now that ZSJ has come into his style more would be a major thing to see.

Honestly I can see many WWE guys looking at their pay and just straight up admitting now that they made a mistake. Vince doesn't pay them as well as the indies that give them more freedom both in the ring and on the mic. I could see a LOT of guys leaving and doin better on their own. Sami Zayn IMO would be a solid guy to go off to make it overseas. Tozawa, Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik, Luke Harper, and hell even someone like Rusev are all guys I look at and think should go too. Obviously dudes not getting to live up to their full potential where their at. If Juice Robinson can grow this much simply by leaving then yeah I can see so much talent in WWE finding true greener pastures outside the company. Hell even Nakamura feels like hes muted heavily stuck in McWrestling.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Bryan should train with ZSJ if he's serious about working a safer style.

ZSJ probably has the safest style in the world right now. It's all holds and APPLYING TORQUE. And it's hype as fuck to watch.

I'm house sitting for my sister and her family. They have cable and I'm still shocked after all these years nothing good is on TV. I've resorted to watch the Tomb Raider movie from 2001 on HBO.

Pikma

Banned
Vince doesn't pay them as well as the indies?
Based on what numbers?

I feel like it should be redundant to mention but very few people could ever dream to make Young Bucks money in the indies, the Elite are the exception, not the norm. Cedric's career was nearly over before CWC, Metalik won't make the kind of $ he's making anywhere in Mexico, Sami already did all of that overseas thing. Guys like Luke and Rusev could probably benefit from betting for themselves but there is no guarantee at all and risking your paycheck is not an easy decision to make so I don't blame them if they never do it.

Nekofrog

Banned
It's nights like last night where I feel super bad for wwe only fans. The amount of self hate it takes to keep watching that stuff when njpw is blowing everything (is evil) out of the water right now

But yeah get some tag teams going new Japan

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
somone posted a gif of Luke big booting Roman a few pages back, and I'm finding it very hard to spot where the "fakeness" is, so Im inclined to believe that Luke actually kicked the shit out of Roman in the face, and that couldnt have been pleasant :eek:

Beefy

It's nights like last night where I feel super bad for wwe only fans. The amount of self hate it takes to keep watching that stuff when njpw is blowing everything (is evil) out of the water right now

I watch both.

#5moreyears
until Vince and Dunn are gone

Backstage promos have been great too. Like when ZSJ and El Desperado came out and ZSJ started trash talking YOSHI-HASHI

"He's the headhunter right? I guess that makes me the dickhead hunter"
"Why has he got that pole anyway? Is he a pervert?"

Naito's are great, his trash talking of Goto was hilarious. All the Japanese promos are translated here:

http://thelionmarks.com/

That Simon Gotch shoot, I don't know why they insist on trying to have Enzo wrestle, just play to his strengths and keep him talking and out of ring, he can still take bumps once in a while.

It's nights like last where I feel super bad for wrestling fans who have to shit on WWE whenever they can by focusing on comparing it against NJPW. The amount of self back patting it must take to hate watch WWE just to shit post about it is out of the water right now.

See how this works both ways? WWE has some real shite right now, but to act like nothing interesting going on is silly. The build for Braun, Roman, Joe has actually been kind of good. Seth & Dean has been wondering will they or wont they.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Bronx-Man needs to explain his actions yesterday.
I woke up at 6 am and for reason decided to post the dumbest thing that came to mind.

What I meant to post was:
Dawg, can you imagine if Roman Reigns was discovered to be secretly a midget one day? Like he just stands in a mechazined suit to make himself look 6'3 when in reality he's like 4'5. Why else do you think he wears that vest 24/7? Because it's not a vest, it's an ARMORED CHESTPLATE. Dude probably makes Hornswoggle look like Big John Studd 😂😂😂

Like it was the dark secret of WWE Vince desperately wanted to hide. His dwarfish fave......lol

Anth0ny

To prevent an all out war between fans of McMahon's promotion and Shin Nihon Puro Resu, it might make sense at this point to finally make separate wrasslin threads.

Hex

Banned
To prevent an all out war between fans of McMahon's promotion and Shin Nihon Puro Resu, it might make sense at this point to finally make separate wrasslin threads.

I think even those that deny watching WWE still watch it.
The problem is when it becomes just repeating the same meme or the same line every week or even every other day or even worse acting like you are cutting promos.
The thing that returned with the recent influx was people posting shit just to get a reaction and that is what needs to go.

I woke up at 6 am and for reason decided to post the dumbest thing that came to mind.

What I meant to post was:
Dawg, can you imagine if Roman Reigns was discovered to be secretly a midget one day? Like he just stands in a mechazined suit to make himself look 6'3 when in reality he's like 4'5. Why else do you think he wears that vest 24/7? Because it's not a vest, it's an ARMORED CHESTPLATE. Dude probably makes Hornswoggle look like Big John Studd 😂😂😂

Like it was the dark secret of WWE Vince desperately wanted to hide. His dwarfish fave......lol
tumblr_o8f1vuI03r1ueh03io1_400.gif

I travel a lot and I've never seen this happen so I don't think it's that common

The weight no, I was speaking more to how people can make a simple flight much more complicated. The one year I traveled often almost every flight had issues with over head compartments being full before full boarding. Maybe half were issues with over booking. MOre than a handful of times I saw people boarding with full size duffel bags.

Top Bottom