• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Ronin Ray

Is there anyone in wrestling that comes off cooler then Naito ? I know I am late to the party but man he's just incredible all around.

Dream match naito vs Macho Man

Mahonay

Banned
The weight no, I was speaking more to how people can make a simple flight much more complicated. The one year I traveled often almost every flight had issues with over head compartments being full before full boarding. Maybe half were issues with over booking. MOre than a handful of times I saw people boarding with full size duffel bags.
The main issue is people don't want to pay the extra fees for checking in luggage.

Bronx-Man

Banned
tumblr_o8f1vuI03r1ueh03io1_400.gif
The Truth Is H

Menome

Nah, keep everyone in one thread. I'm never going to watch NJPW/Progress etc. full-time, but I still like to check out some of the individual matches that get linked by those that do.

Pikma

Banned
The weight no, I was speaking more to how people can make a simple flight much more complicated. The one year I traveled often almost every flight had issues with over head compartments being full before full boarding. Maybe half were issues with over booking. MOre than a handful of times I saw people boarding with full size duffel bags.
Oh that is true, the over head compartments thing is almost always an issue, it's why a lot of airlines are willing to move down bigger than normal bags/backpacks as checked in luggage for no additional cost, because otherwise it's one big fucking headache for everyone involved

Hex

Banned
God damn this country needs a purge of fire or a storm or something.
So apparently an A's player used a homophobic slur at a fan after he was robbed of a hit by a great play. Don't know, didn't watch... it is on ESPN and shit and all over Facebook and that shit...
Dude fucked up, straight up and I am pretty sure he knows he fucked up.
But the comments man, the threads that come up when you look at the story.
The jock mentality, and the jock support crowd are just disturbing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
God damn this country needs a purge of fire or a storm or something.
So apparently an A's player used a homophobic slur at a fan after he was robbed of a hit by a great play. Don't know, didn't watch... it is on ESPN and shit and all over Facebook and that shit...
Dude fucked up, straight up and I am pretty sure he knows he fucked up.
But the comments man, the threads that come up when you look at the story.
The jock mentality, and the jock support crowd are just disturbing.

its not "this country", its the planet.

I work at a hotel. Do you want to know the kind of comments I get from my co-workers whenever we get a gay couple in?

Menome

Also, for all the "WWE has you watching eight hours a week" that gets bandied about from time to time, funny how it's not mentioned that to keep up with NJPW at this time of year you have to watch multiple weeks of night-after-night PPV-esque shows.

I don't care what the fucking workrate quality is, that's too much for me.

Recall

So Lapsed Fan are covering Summerslam 2003. I remember nothing literally nothing about the show, it was most likely underwhelming and Triple H being a cunt, like most of 2003.

Why would anyone have a fondness for this show? I can't wait for the podcast to hit.

So Lapsed Fan are covering Summerslam 2003. I remember nothing literally nothing about the show, it was most likely underwhelming and Triple H being a cunt, like most of 2003.

Why would anyone have a fondness for this show? I can't wait for the podcast to hit.

It involves some peak Trips, he has to go ovah! even though he's injured.

Only other thing I remember off the top of my head is Kane slipping off the top rope, a rare error.

Anth0ny

Here's the card:

1H Rey Mysterio (c) defeated Shannon Moore Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship 02:03
2 La Résistance (René Duprée and Sylvain Grenier) (c) (with Rob Conway) defeated The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von) (with Spike Dudley) Tag team match for the World Tag Team Championship 07:49
3 The Undertaker defeated A-Train (with Sable) Singles match 09:19
4 Shane McMahon defeated Eric Bischoff Falls Count Anywhere match 10:36
5 Eddie Guerrero (c) defeated Chris Benoit, Rhyno, and Tajiri Fatal 4-Way match for the WWE United States Championship 10:50
6 Kurt Angle (c) defeated Brock Lesnar by submission Singles match for the WWE Championship 20:48
7 Kane defeated Rob Van Dam No Holds Barred match 12:49
8 Triple H (c) (with Ric Flair) defeated Goldberg, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton and Kevin Nash Elimination Chamber match for the World Heavyweight Championship 19:12

Eddie/Benoit and Angle/Lesnar means the work rate of the show was probably in the 4.5* range

but of course, the main event... IS THE FUCKING GAME. GOING. OVER-UHHHHH

Striker

Five hours talking about how WWE fucked up a Goldberg run?

Don't forget to have Bill beat the shit out of Orton, HBK and Jericho first that way it looks like I beat the shit out of them too when I pin Bill.

Beefy

Speaking of NJPW's love of big foreigners, I'm super looking forward to Haku's youngest, biggest son starting there.

Here's him with Fale:

Vince will have a seizure when he sees him.

Damn how tall is he?

And damn I am taller then Fale, the small Japanese guys make these dudes look huge.

Heroman

Banned
Also, for all the "WWE has you watching eight hours a week" that gets bandied about from time to time, funny how it's not mentioned that to keep up with NJPW at this time of year you have to watch multiple weeks of night-after-night PPV-esque shows.

I don't care what the fucking workrate quality is, that's too much for me.
Pretty the 8 hours of WWE tv has to do with the quality of the programming not the amount of time, if WWE weekly tv was as or half as good as the G1 no would be complaining.

Recall

Things I remember about watching wrestling in 2003:

RAW was horrific.
Triple H was a giant dickhead.
Vengeance 2003 was fun.
WM19 was great.
So many bad WWE PPVs with terrible predictable and plodding main events.
Benoit v Angke at Royal Rumble was the match of the year, Steiner vs HHH was very much not.
Goldberg was a let down and was just another guy.

ROH opened my eyes to Indy wrestling.
I was addicted and watched CZW and ROH like crazy.
Death Before Dishonor 2003 was a show that I loved even if nothing stood out, it showed the power of consistency.
Samoa Joe is fucking incredible.
AJ Styles is too.
Homicide was my favourite and put on matches with such energy.
I actually liked BJ Whitmer here too.

Stumbled upon NOAH
Their 6/6/03 show is my all time favourite wrestling show.
KENTA and Marufuji were jaw dropping as a team.

WWE sucked. Everything else didn't.

Top Bottom