• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Zach

I wonder if Vince McMahon threatened legal action when Ready to Rumble infringed on the WWF's creation and ownership of the word "Rumble."

I'm in the mood for an avatar bet before the G1 is over.

Who will main event Wrestle Kingdom in 2018?

I'm betting Okada vs. Omega.

Anyone think it'll be Okada vs. Naito? If so, take me on!

Bet is void if anyone gets injured, which scraps the matches.

Heroman

Banned
tumblr_otxjz0nSnW1u1ljrzo2_540.gif

I'm in the mood for an avatar bet before the G1 is over.

Who will main event Wrestle Kingdom in 2018?

I'm betting Okada vs. Omega.

Anyone think it'll be Okada vs. Naito? If so, take me on!

Bet is void if anyone gets injured, which scraps the matches.

Naito/Okada imo. I'd book Omega/Ibushi for the US title at WK.

Not Lawler level, but Juice's punches are pretty damn good.

Holy shit

Jucie vs Kenny was great

The way Juice sold the win was brilliant. He's such a great babyface.

Naito/Okada imo. I'd book Omega/Ibushi for the US title at WK.

Sounds like a wager to me, friend.

If Okada faces Naito at Wrestle Kingdom 12, I will wear an avatar of your choosing for 30 days.

If Okada faces Omega at Wrestle Kingdom 12, you wear an avatar of my choosing for 30 days.

Do we have a bet?

Still, we have time before that bet pays off, which means I have time enough for one more bet.

Does anyone want to make a 30 day avatar wager on who walks out of SummerSlam as the WWE Champion: Jinder Mahal, Shinsuke Nakamura, or Baron Corbin?

Sounds like a wager to me, friend.

If Okada faces Naito at Wrestle Kingdom 12, I will wear an avatar of your choosing for 30 days.

If Okada faces Omega at Wrestle Kingdom 12, you wear an avatar of my choosing for 30 days.

Do we have a bet?

Nope, I've had Badd for 8 years and he ain't going anywhere, even for a sure thing.

In the unlikely event that it's okada/omega I will admit that your puroresu is greater though

Things I remember about watching wrestling in 2003:

RAW was horrific.
Triple H was a giant dickhead.
Vengeance 2003 was fun.
WM19 was great.
So many bad WWE PPVs with terrible predictable and plodding main events.
Benoit v Angke at Royal Rumble was the match of the year, Steiner vs HHH was very much not.
Goldberg was a let down and was just another guy.

ROH opened my eyes to Indy wrestling.
I was addicted and watched CZW and ROH like crazy.
Death Before Dishonor 2003 was a show that I loved even if nothing stood out, it showed the power of consistency.
Samoa Joe is fucking incredible.
AJ Styles is too.
Homicide was my favourite and put on matches with such energy.
I actually liked BJ Whitmer here too.

Stumbled upon NOAH
Their 6/6/03 show is my all time favourite wrestling show.
KENTA and Marufuji were jaw dropping as a team.

WWE sucked. Everything else didn't.

I bailed on wrestling sometime in 99/00 and didn't come back until 15/16, but I just remember finding it pretty boring when I did. I definitely remember Mania 15, so it must have been sometime late 99. It's weird to hear how awful 03 was when 02 had Smackdown Six, but I guess it sort of makes sense. I also find Mania XIX to be pretty damn good and hype as hell, so I guess they nailed that admist a sea of shit.

Recall

Now on to Day 4 of the G1 and Juice vs EVIL was magnificent.

The underdog vibe with Juice just comes across so strong that it's hard not to get behind him. His performance against Kojima and now Evil were spectacular, I just can't wait to see how the rest of his G1 journey goes.

"Juice! Juice! Juice!"

Raw64life

Funny thing with Juice's punches are they're technically illegal in NJPW, and the refs always yell at him about it, but he keeps doing it every match and they never DQ him.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I saw an old Misawa vs Jumbo Tsuruta match a few years ago online and it completely blew my mind. The man gets his five stars for a reason.

Zach

I'm trying not to talk about it until I finish it. It's magic, though. Some wonky controlz and a wacky camera pop up here and there, but it's truly wonderful and awe-inspiring. I like it a lot overall.

Recall

Okada vs Elgin on Day 4 is the most enthralling match of the tournament so far. It was spectacular and the main announcer decimated his pop filter every time Elgin over powered Okada.

The whole match was a fucking insane thrill and one hell of a battle.

ffs guys

i asked one thing of you when i left

and you almost burned the thread down in 3 different ways, and people started suggesting splitting the thread again

at least you got bean got, thanks for the wedding present 😘

Menome

ffs guys

i asked one thing of you when i left

and you almost burned the thread down in 3 different ways, and people started suggesting splitting the thread again

at least you got bean got, thanks for the wedding present 😘

I hope you and your now-wife rolled each other up for the double-count out.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You all really need to stop discussing bans so much. Doing so just means this inevitably happens...

QkCCosq.gif

Sephzilla

Getting wrasslegaf in trouble because you want to talk about bean breath isn't worth it. Let's talk about the great wrasslin that's happening

Top Bottom