• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

I was at CZW Once in a Lifetime last night AMA

The crowd was comprised of the type of folks you'd expect to see ODing at an eyehategod concert. The seats we bough tickets for didn't exist because they had to make room for the film crew. DJ Hyde walked by and I got shook for a second even though he's a huge mark and none of it matters but I had to walk away from him anyway.

The first match had shelves built on the ring posts so a field of 10 wrestlers could take turns showcasing their high spotz. A couple people hit the floor hard and I felt the thud in my feet. A huge guy that looks like he'd be folding pizza boxes in Lodi named Acey Romano or something wins after botching the finisher which they immediately reset up and ended up being him off the high thing after almost falling off and crashing through an Urkel looking guy somehow smaller than Lio Rush gets crushed and pinned. Acey is over as fuck.

Then there was some shit matches. Shlak was in a tag team match.

Then Masada vs. Shane Strickland. The crowd was furious that no one was getting stabbed while they worked a slow paced match with basically no gore. Now I understand why Masada is bitter about the deathmatch scene.

The final chapter of Lio/Joey was pretty excellent, definitely the best of the night. Even though it's not as smooth as it could be, they have a great dynamic. Crazy stupid ladder/table spots as expected. Lio and his Evil Driuds win. Lio gives a pretty decent goodbye speech.

Onita Tremont was crazy lit during entraces but turned weird when it became CZW vs. FMW. It wasn't very bloody or interesting, but the hype basically carried it. Onita called the explosions cheap and said Tremont should come die in Japan. So he does.

THE END

Anth0ny

Cody comments on the money he's making right now:

(The money, nah. In my case being non exclusive my gross is almost triple what it was there)

there = McMahon Jr's promotion

I don't know how much Cesaro is being paid but I imagine he'd find the same kind of success on the indies.

Hex

Banned
Cody comments on the money he's making right now:

there = McMahon Jr's promotion

I don't know how much Cesaro is being paid but I imagine he'd find the same kind of success on the indies.

Cody gets alot of mileage from his last name.
That plus getting not just the BC rub, but being put out there on most episodes of Being the Elite also boosts him.
Cesaro is great in the pool that is in in right now, but out in the ocean there are many great athletes with boring personalities.

davehslow.gif

I am happy Batista found success. Seriously did not expect him of all wrestlers to make it in hollywood.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Day 13 holy shit I haven't seen past 1. What's been the best match so far? Maybe I'll check that out now.

My favourite matches have been Elgin vs Okada and Elgin vs Omega.

I didn't think much of Elgin prior to this G1, this has been a real breakout tournament for him.

Cody gets alot of mileage from his last name.
That plus getting not just the BC rub, but being put out there on most episodes of Being the Elite also boosts him.
Cesaro is great in the pool that is in in right now, but out in the ocean there are many great athletes with boring personalities.

Cody is more appealing to the shit-tier local indies that draw big crowds of families than Cesaro would be, he's also valuable to the bigger indies as someone who can bring in non-indie fans - but Cesaro would undoubtedly be hugely in demand all over the indie scene, if he was willing to put in the travel. You'd also probably see every wrestling school out there wanting to book him for seminars, and I'm pretty sure New Japan would be interested.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
not gonna lie the video showing me last weeks raw got me hyped

Angle out too, starting off good

why the fuck are we still chanting you suck? should be you rock

Hex

Banned
So, is Brock going to lose the title, leave WWE and rejoin UFC to fight Jones?

I hate Jones but I think Jones would take Brock's lunch money and piss in his eye.
Yes if Brock gets a takedown it could be done quick, but I think Jones keeps him outside pretty handily and we know that once Brock takes a good shot or two to the face (I know ..filth ) he goes into panic mode and loses any gameplan he had.

Egg0

Banned
I hate Jones but I think Jones would take Brock's lunch money and piss in his eye.
Yes if Brock gets a takedown it could be done quick, but I think Jones keeps him outside pretty handily and we know that once Brock takes a good shot or two to the face (I know ..filth ) he goes into panic mode and loses any gameplan he had.

Plus even if Brock puts Jones on his back, I bet Jones could submit him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dave says he's worried about EVIL because he's been KOed twice in the G1, what wa the other one besides Omega?

But yeah that... thats not good, I hope they check for concussions and shit over there.

Hex

Banned
No. His contact isn't up till post WM

How does that = no?
He can go back in the testing pool pretty much anytime and start his 6 month sit out.
Once he is cleared WWE will let him walk because they want the open door for later.
WWE will definitely get their however many appearances out of him though.
It is not like the fight would happen next month anyway. It would probably be saved for either next summer or winter 2018

Egg0

Banned
Dave says he's worried about EVIL because he's been KOed twice in the G1, what wa the other one besides Omega?

Damn, twice? Also, yea when was the other one?

In EVIL/Okada, when they did the Darkness Falls spot, I legit thought Okada was out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damn, twice? I know one was from Omega, but where was the other?

In EVIL/Okada, when they did the Darkness Falls spot, I legit thought Okada was out.

apparently it was vs Tonga? Dave says EVIL cant remember that match.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Their protocol is that once someone has been concussed enough to have permanent brain damage they'll front the hospital bill.

Top Bottom