• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

In the wake of the Shibata incident New Japan now do pre-tour and post-tour doctor checks for the whole roster, which is a start - but guys need to be assessed after every match, won't happen but that's the way it should be.

Incidentally, just saw that Yoshihiro Takayama's paralysed from the neck down after breaking his neck in DDT this past May :(

Dude has given so much of his health for pro-wrestling, it's so sad to see him end up this way.

Come on and fight back, we'll start it over again
We'll take it right back from the ones we're against
It's time to rise up even though they left us for dead
This is our last stand

klonere

Banned
In the wake of the Shibata incident New Japan now do pre-tour and post-tour doctor checks for the whole roster, which is a start - but guys need to be assessed after every match, won't happen but that's the way it should be.

Incidentally, just saw that Yoshihiro Takayama's paralysed from the neck down after breaking his neck in DDT this past May :(

Dude has given so much of his health for pro-wrestling, it's so sad to see him end up this way.

Takayama broke his NECK? What the fuck? Wasn't he just doing comedy match stuff?

Hex

Banned
apparently it was vs Tonga? Dave says EVIL cant remember that match.

Just watched the match, the only things I could see were some really hard club shots to the back of the head and neck and one shot against the wall/door but it seemed like it was protected.
There was a post shot but again it looks protected.

Damn, that sucks about Takayama.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Otis from Heavy machinery as a sophomore:

uSifFAC.jpg

Hex

Banned
Has anyone got a list of the G1 matches I should watch. I watched the first 2 days but have missed the rest due to family stuff.

July 21
Kota Ibushi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii hoss fight, but if you have seen them fight before..
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale average match , but great story telling

Kenny Omega vs. Tama Tonga Family squabble
Kazuchika Okada vs. Michael Elgin

Kota Ibushi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Tetsuya Naito vs. Bad Luck Fale

Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA
Kenny Omega vs. Toru Yano comedy gold
Juice Robinson vs. Minoru Suzuki

Kota Ibushi vs. Togi Makabe
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Bad Luck Fale big vs little
Tetsuya Naito vs. Yuji Nagata

Michael Elgin vs. Kenny Omega
Minoru Suzuki vs. EVIL
SANADA vs. Toru Yano
Kazuchika Okada vs. Satoshi Kojima
Juice Robinson vs. Tama Tonga

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Hirooki Goto vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Kota Ibushi vs. Bad Luck Fale

8/1
Kazuchika Okada vs. Juice Robinson
Tetsuya Naito vs. Hirooki Goto

8/2

Kenny Omega vs. EVIL
Minoru Suzuki vs. Satoshi Kojima
SANADA vs. Juice Robinson
Michael Elgin vs. Toru Yano if you want to see Elgin very pissed off

8/4

Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Kota Ibushi vs. Yuji Nagata

8/5

Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL
Kenny Omega vs. Juice Robinson
Tama Tonga vs. Toru Yano

July 21
Kota Ibushi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii hoss fight, but if you have seen them fight before..
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale average match , but great story telling

Kenny Omega vs. Tama Tonga Family squabble
Kazuchika Okada vs. Michael Elgin

Kota Ibushi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Tetsuya Naito vs. Bad Luck Fale

Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA
Kenny Omega vs. Toru Yano comedy gold
Juice Robinson vs. Minoru Suzuki

Kota Ibushi vs. Togi Makabe
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Bad Luck Fale big vs little
Tetsuya Naito vs. Yuji Nagata

Michael Elgin vs. Kenny Omega
Minoru Suzuki vs. EVIL
SANADA vs. Toru Yano
Kazuchika Okada vs. Satoshi Kojima
Juice Robinson vs. Tama Tonga

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Hirooki Goto vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Kota Ibushi vs. Bad Luck Fale

8/1
Kazuchika Okada vs. Juice Robinson
Tetsuya Naito vs. Hirooki Goto

8/2

Kenny Omega vs. EVIL
Minoru Suzuki vs. Satoshi Kojima
SANADA vs. Juice Robinson
Michael Elgin vs. Toru Yano if you want to see Elgin very pissed off

8/4

Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Kota Ibushi vs. Yuji Nagata

8/5

Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL
Kenny Omega vs. Juice Robinson
Tama Tonga vs. Toru Yano

Thanks man. Very much appreciated. Looking forward to bashing through those this week.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Watching Progress Chapter 39, some quick thoughts:

Matt Riddle - First time I've ever laid eyes on this guy. The announcers say he's only been in the business for 18 months at this point, but how has no one told this guy to put on some goddamn shoes? I get it goes with the MMA gimmick, but take the lesson from Rusev before you get a broken foot.

Ospreay - First time seeing a match of his and not just gifs. He seems okay. I'm not upset at all the flips, but I do worry that doing so many in one match is going to devalue them.

Jimmy Havoc - First time seeing a match of his and not just light tube gifs. Maybe it's just this one match but this guy comes off as a 13 year old's Create-A-Wrestler. His entire move set seems to be using better wrestler's finishers as transition moves. In this one match he did 3 spears, 2 rainmakers, 1 GTS, and 1 Shining Wizard. Then he copied Eddie's finish of getting the other guy DQ'd by faking out the ref with a foreign object. Does this clown do anything original or is this his entire shtick?

Watching Progress Chapter 39, some quick thoughts:

]

Riddle is a weird enigma. The guy is clearly a bro, duh, and thinks he's hot shit but he's done some solid matches in Progress

Ospreay wrestling Riddle is not the best way to experience him. He does a lot of flippy shit, but he can put on some solid work.

Havoc is yeah, Havoc. He's nothing special and wont ever be anything in the top tier, but he's a HUGE part of Progress and where it is. You grow to appreciate Jimmy for just being out there for fans. I would suggest going back and watching Chapter 20 to see the significance of Havoc. They run a good vignette showcasing the story build to that point.

Egg0

Banned
I'd be curious enough to watch Cena in the G1. Hell, I'd like to see how he does in a New Japan environment.

Pikma

Banned

Wasn't it a spinal cord injury?

Top Bottom