• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Imagine Okada, Omega, Young Bucks, etc in WWE

giphy.gif

Cody gets alot of mileage from his last name.
That plus getting not just the BC rub, but being put out there on most episodes of Being the Elite also boosts him.
Cesaro is great in the pool that is in in right now, but out in the ocean there are many great athletes with boring personalities.

Cody also despite having medicore charisma still has 2-3 times of it than Cesaro

Someone on Reddit watched the Gotch shoot and wrote this up regarding the Enzo stuff:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...on_simon_gotchs_shoot_on_enzo_amore_rf_video/

When the interviewer asks about Enzo and Cass, Gotch says that Cass is a cool guy but calls Enzo ‘an abortion’.

Gotch says that Enzo has a bad habit of ‘editing himself’ where he’ll share an anecdote but omit vital information. One example he shares is how Enzo brags about Triple H scouting Enzo after watching a video of him cutting promos online when in reality, Triple H had been training with a trainer that Enzo knew and convinced the trainer to pass along a video he made to Triple H.

Gotch on Enzo calling himself 'the realest guy in the room': ‘You talk about being the realest guy in the room when you got fake gold, fake Jordans, fake leopard print, fake hair with a fake accent. You pretend to be an Italian when you’re actually German. I guess you are the realest guy in the room because the realest thing about you is being a GUY’.
In addition to comments made about Enzo’s personality, Gotch makes frequent references to Enzo’s incompetence inside the ring. Most of these incidences occur because Enzo pretends to know what he’s doing and goes along with everything that’s suggested with the utmost confidence that he can perform certain moves/bumps. Gotch comments on Enzo’s infamous botch during his match with Cesaro saying that he found out that Enzo thought there was nothing wrong with what he had done.

In regards to Gotch giving Enzo a concussion, he says that Enzo fucked up an easy spot that he had done previously. He says that Enzo ran way too fast towards Gotch and slid too late, making the move unsafe. He says that Enzo was really hyped up that night, which can be seen during his entrance where he accidently drops the microphone. Gotch says after this incident, people were ‘calling for [his] head’ on social media and he seems frustrated that Steve Austin ‘spewed his version’ of the story without knowing the facts and sided with Enzo because they’re friends. Gotch thought that the massive heat they received would be advantageous considering that the Vaudevillians were heels but instead, they ‘jobbed out to Cass’ three consecutive times. Gotch says he didn’t speak with Enzo after all this but he did text Enzo to ask he how was but never received a response.

July 21
Kota Ibushi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii hoss fight, but if you have seen them fight before..
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale average match , but great story telling

Kenny Omega vs. Tama Tonga Family squabble
Kazuchika Okada vs. Michael Elgin

Kota Ibushi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Tetsuya Naito vs. Bad Luck Fale

Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA
Kenny Omega vs. Toru Yano comedy gold
Juice Robinson vs. Minoru Suzuki

Kota Ibushi vs. Togi Makabe
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Bad Luck Fale big vs little
Tetsuya Naito vs. Yuji Nagata

Michael Elgin vs. Kenny Omega
Minoru Suzuki vs. EVIL
SANADA vs. Toru Yano
Kazuchika Okada vs. Satoshi Kojima
Juice Robinson vs. Tama Tonga

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Hirooki Goto vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Kota Ibushi vs. Bad Luck Fale

8/1
Kazuchika Okada vs. Juice Robinson
Tetsuya Naito vs. Hirooki Goto

8/2

Kenny Omega vs. EVIL
Minoru Suzuki vs. Satoshi Kojima
SANADA vs. Juice Robinson
Michael Elgin vs. Toru Yano if you want to see Elgin very pissed off

8/4

Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Kota Ibushi vs. Yuji Nagata

8/5

Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL
Kenny Omega vs. Juice Robinson
Tama Tonga vs. Toru Yano

Gonna keep this list handy thanks

I actually liked the static cam shows. Sometimes wouldn't even notice lack of commentary.

I miss the hard cam on the center ring from WWE that they relied on a lot.

I will admit during my time in the 96 re-watch I was shocked to see that even then Dunn was going overboard with the hard cuts and close ups, but it's still superior to now.

If Progress ever does end up on the Network, someone's got their work cut out for them. There is copyrighted music all over these shows.

Sometime around Chapter 50 they get rid of it

If Progress ever does end up on the Network, someone's got their work cut out for them. There is copyrighted music all over these shows.

Edit:

Literally everyone, I think.

The newer shows (like within the last three or so months) have non-copyrighted music for all the guys, so I imagine they'll just dub them over with the respective act's new music.

Otherwise they'll just find generic stuff. It'll take time, but not too difficult.

Whats with most of the WWE roster having soft stomachs?

Might have to do with the fact that their training regimens (what they recommend to guys and what they drill at the PC) has shifted in recent years to focus less on definition and more on functional strength.

He is absolutely not. He's a better technical wrestler, but Roman is a more complete package

I would say he's not even a better technical wrestler. Roman has a number of great matches. Cody has one, maybe two.

Top Bottom