• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

What made you switch back to meat?

My best friend married a lady from Thailand. We spent a month in her village for the wedding, which was on the border of Thailand and Laos. All they eat is meat and I didn't want to cause them any stress, on top my already being there.

Pretty rough living out in the rice farms there, easily some of the nicest, most welcoming and loving people I have ever met. They ended up teaching me a number of their local recipes so now it is hard to go back to vegetarian, hehe.

Majukun

so they advertise lesnar for september and put a stipulation that he is leaving if he loses at summerslam?

doesn't that kind ogf give away the finish?

My best friend married a lady from Thailand. We spent a month in her village for the wedding, which was on the border of Thailand and Laos. All they eat is meat and I didn't want to cause them any stress, on top my already being there.

Pretty rough living out in the rice farms there, easily some of the nicest, most welcoming and loving people I have ever met. They ended up teaching me a number of their local recipes so now it is hard to go back to vegetarian, hehe.
That's cool. Did you not get sick at first eating meat again? I heard thay happens.

any #WOKEN developments at Raw?

As someone who was there the biggest disappointment was that they weren't there.

I think they were mentioned on the RAW preview but I guess plans changed so much that they decided to hold them for a week.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed my time at this RAW. Always better live, even with the commercial interruptions.

One of my highlights was watching how they brought Bray Wyatt out to the ring to hide beneath it. They have about 10 guys walk to the ring in total darkness and they all look like they are working on something for a few seconds. That's when they slip Bray under there. They have monitors under the ring as well. Bray sliding back underneath the ring when the lights went out again was the carniest ass shit. Loved it.

Oddly, one of my highlights may have been the Apollo CrewsCurt Hawkins match during the Main Event taping.

Lol Raw is going to win this week...

Jinder vs Orton non title tomorrow

Ugh.

Hasney

As someone who was there the biggest disappointment was that they weren't there.

I think they were mentioned on the RAW preview but I guess plans changed so much that they decided to hold them for a week.

Yeah, Scott Dawson getting injured probably iced any Hardys plans for the night.

That's cool. Did you not get sick at first eating meat again? I heard thay happens.

Thankfully, I didn't. I didn't get sick the entire time I was there which is pretty lucky. I nearly shit myself one day, in a really inappropriate place (5th floor of a massive Buddhist temple in the forest). I won't disgust everyone with the details of the rest of that story lol.

Thankfully, I didn't. I didn't get sick the entire time I was there which is pretty lucky. I nearly shit myself one day, in a really inappropriate place (5th floor of a massive Buddhist temple in the forest). I won't disgust everyone with the details of the rest of that story lol.
Haha that's good. Why does meat have to be so tasty. The cruelties to animals sucks.

I'm craving sushi.

How was Raw?

Pretty good, here's Enzo overselling being called a nerd

tumblr_oucl2tvAiR1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

What you didn't see on TV was Cass selling the punch he received from Big Show after they cut to something else. Cass actually fell on the stage just as he was going into the back as the ref looked him over and it took him a bit to get back up.

Haha that's good. Why does meat have to be so tasty. The cruelties to animals sucks.

I'm craving sushi.

It really is horrible how animals are treated. I guess in that region, there isn't much you can do though.

I have a lot of photos that I cant really upload because my phone is shit. There is a temple in the forest that very few people know about, run by a monk who legitimately has mental health issues. It is the craziest temple I have ever seen. Giant concrete dinosaurs are out the front. The entrance to the temple itself is an archway/road of statues. From Native American to Buddhist to Hindu to Taoist deities and figures in VIBRANT psychedelic colours. Behind the temple is "Hell." Statues of goat priests, death gods, MANY scenes of torture for various "sins" etc. It was a really surreal place to spend an afternoon. The monk beat the shit out of us with a wooden stick and doused us with water and candle wax.

But I digress. There is a spirit house tucked between the trees on a road and everyone beeps their horn at it to say "hello." They believe the spirit that lives there looks after their lands. One morning we were called there and there was a traditional dance and people ended up sacrificing chickens and offered pig heads to the spirit as the dance finished. A relative of my friend gave me a bronze amulet engraved with a symbol of the spirit house. It is still sitting on my desk now.

Those are experiences I will never forget and I feel very humbled that everyone their was comfortable with my taking part. I honestly cried when I had to leave their village to go back to Bangkok, then back to Australia. I loved it there so much.

So let me tell you about the guy who was dressed as Raven at last night's RAW. He's pretty much the type of fuck who gives Toronto sports fans a bad image.

• - He was more preoccupied with getting his scribbled signs on camera the entire night than he was with watching what was going on.
  • - He was trying to start "Go Leafs Go" chants the entire night.
  • - During the women's match he tried to start a "slut" chant.
  • - He tried to start the fucking wave.
  • - He was sitting on the top of his seat the entire night. I am amazed the guy behind him kept his composure the way he did.
  • - He was drunk out of his fucking mind. At first we thought there might have been something wrong with him. Then I saw him order a beer, pour it into a cup and then proceed to put a straw in it.
  • - Oh yeah. He was drinking beer with a straw.
I'm sure there were a few other things that I don't quite remember but this guy was just terrible. The staff was informed about him and people were constantly calling him on his shit. I'm amazed he didn't get kicked out.

The worst part is that he will probably be in the same seat tomorrow since they sold RAW/Smackdown as an optional package.

Bonus. There was another guy behind me who was drunk out of his mind. He bought a $450 Universal Championship belt. I'm not sure he knew what it was though because he kept saying he bought "the red one like Brock Lesnar has".

So let me tell you about the guy who was dressed as Raven at last night's RAW. He's pretty much the type of fuck who gives Toronto sports fans a bad image.

• - He was more preoccupied with getting his scribbled signs on camera the entire night than he was with watching what was going on.
  • - He was sitting on the top of his seat the entire night. I am amazed the guy behind him kept his composure the way he did.
  • - He was drunk out of his fucking mind. At first we thought there might have been something wrong with him. Then I saw him order a beer, pour it into a cup and then proceed to put a straw in it.
I'm sure there were a few other things that I don't quite remember but this guy was just terrible. The staff was informed about him and people were constantly calling him on his shit. I'm amazed he didn't get kicked out.

The worst part is that he will probably be in the same seat tomorrow since they sold RAW/Smackdown as an optional package.

Bonus. There was another guy behind me who was drunk out of his mind. He bought a $450 Universal Championship belt. I'm not sure he knew what it was though because he kept saying he bought "the red one like Brock Lesnar has".

Sounds like an utter dickhead.

There always are. I nearly got into a fight with some cunt who was yelling out racist shit to Ember Moon at an NXT show late last year. There was another dude trying to show what a smart mark he was being an obnoxious shit too. The main event was a 6 man tag "get your shit in while having fun" kind of match and he was shitting all over it trying to start "we want wrestling" chants and stuff when it just wasn't appropriate at all. Everyone shit on him and he left embarassed.

Sucks idiots go to these shows.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thread must have been fun during that New Day / Usos rap battle :p

Why you comin home 5 in the mornnn
Somethins goin on, can I smell yo dick
Don't play me like a fool, cause that ain't cool
So wat u need to do is lemme smell yo dick
It really is horrible how animals are treated. I guess in that region, there isn't much you can do though.

I have a lot of photos that I cant really upload because my phone is shit. There is a temple in the forest that very few people know about, run by a monk who legitimately has mental health issues. It is the craziest temple I have ever seen. Giant concrete dinosaurs are out the front. The entrance to the temple itself is an archway/road of statues. From Native American to Buddhist to Hindu to Taoist deities and figures in VIBRANT psychedelic colours. Behind the temple is "Hell." Statues of goat priests, death gods, MANY scenes of torture for various "sins" etc. It was a really surreal place to spend an afternoon. The monk beat the shit out of us with a wooden stick and doused us with water and candle wax.

But I digress. There is a spirit house tucked between the trees on a road and everyone beeps their horn at it to say "hello." They believe the spirit that lives there looks after their lands. One morning we were called there and there was a traditional dance and people ended up sacrificing chickens and offered pig heads to the spirit as the dance finished. A relative of my friend gave me a bronze amulet engraved with a symbol of the spirit house. It is still sitting on my desk now.

Those are experiences I will never forget and I feel very humbled that everyone their was comfortable with my taking part. I honestly cried when I had to leave their village to go back to Bangkok, then back to Australia. I loved it there so much.
Crazy. Wish I could go to a place like that.

Mahonay

Banned
I watched RAW. Completely skipped past anything thing Enzo/Big Show/Big Cass related. It has go away heat from me. It's the drizzling shits.

Crazy. Wish I could go to a place like that.

It was an experience. Doesn't capture just how wonderful the people were though.

I ended up being able to grab a handful of pictures for anyone interested.

Excuse my finger in the bottom corner..

Entrance to the hermit monk's room

Hell and torture. This gives a bit of an idea just how many torture and hell scenes were built.

Judge of the Dead

I'm not sure if this really gives the right idea of this temple. I spent nearly 3 days exploring it, there was just so, so many different things there to see. And it was just out in the middle of nowhere. Two hours from the nearest city, all the way out in the forest just outside the rice farming villages.

But anyway, I will stop posting off topic shit now.

I watched RAW. Completely skipped past anything thing Enzo/Big Show/Big Cass related. It has go away heat from me. It's the drizzling shits.

It's been entirely one sided up until this point and every moment feels telegraphed. There is nothing to it.

Egg0

Banned
It was an experience. Doesn't capture just how wonderful the people were though.

I ended up being able to grab a handful of pictures for anyone interested.

Excuse my finger in the bottom corner..

Entrance to the hermit monk's room

Hell and torture. This gives a bit of an idea just how many torture and hell scenes were built.

Judge of the Dead

I'm not sure if this really gives the right idea of this temple. I spent nearly 3 days exploring it, there was just so, so many different things there to see. And it was just out in the middle of nowhere. Two hours from the nearest city, all the way out in the forest just outside the rice farming villages.

But anyway, I will stop posting off topic shit now.

I went there as a kid and that fucked me up for a long time. The hell stuff, I mean.

You know who's pretty damn close to X-Pac heat? Jason Jordon.

I hadn't watched RAW in a while, holy shit what the hell are they doing with him?

I fell asleep as his match was getting ready, but apparently it was pretty awful. Excel was saying the crowd in Toronto is always trash so it may not be a good representation.

I went there as a kid and that fucked me up for a long time. The hell stuff, I mean.

Ah, really? It is a scary and surreal place for sure.

My friend's village is about a 20 minute bike ride from there.

I really, really loved my time in Roi Et and the surrounding area.

I think the only thing I am looking forward to on Smackdown tonight is more Fashion Peaks and I really don't need to actually go to Smackdown for a taped segment. meh.

Hope there is a couple of nice surprises.

Egg0

Banned
Ah, really? It is a scary and surreal place for sure.

My friend's village is about a 20 minute bike ride from there.

I really, really loved my time in Roi Et and the surrounding area.

That's cool. I lived in Thailand for about 8 years and sadly don't remember much aside from friends and family because I was so young.

Jashobeam

in his backstage segment, Strowman reading from a teleprompter was so damn obvious, looked in the same direction without blinking once or moving his head, looked fucking stupid

in his backstage segment, Strowman reading from a teleprompter was so damn obvious, looked in the same direction without blinking once or moving his head, looked fucking stupid

Yeah. He cut a solid promo after RAW went off the air though. They really could have had that during the actual show.

RBH

One of those guys was probably Kave Man

:)

That's cool. I lived in Thailand for about 8 years and sadly don't remember much aside from friends and family because I was so young.

Ah yeah, sweet. I'll probably head back to Roi Et for a couple of weeks early next year. Will probably spend a week in Laos and a week or two in Sri Lanka before heading back to Aus. If things don't come up that will change my current plans.

Top Bottom