• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

The Bayley thing caught me off guard. There are definitely some problems with her character at this point. A lot of them were brought to light during the early days of the Alexa Bliss feud. The whole kendo stick on a pole match thing just made her look weak. She can be huggable and hardcore. Worked for Foley.

How was RAW, friends?

2 solid women's triple threat matches

Two really good matches between Sheamus and Rollins and Ambrose and Cesaro

A great Miz TV segment that made me want a Miz vs Lesnar feud believe it or not.

A fantastic main event

Some Bizarro land moments... poor Bayley

Everything else was take it or leave it but nothing stood out as awful.

Watch Raw then to witness Toronto ripping Bayley's soul out of her body

^

The Bayley thing caught me off guard. There are definitely some problems with her character at this point. A lot of them were brought to light during the early days of the Alexa Bliss feud. The whole kendo stick on a pole match thing just made her look weak. She can be huggable and hardcore. Worked for Foley.

The Three Faces of Bayley? I'm down.

I fell asleep as his match was getting ready, but apparently it was pretty awful. Excel was saying the crowd in Toronto is always trash so it may not be a good representation.

I didn't say trash... I said bizarre, they aren't doing racist/secist/homophobic chants, they aren't (well this night) doing nonsense chants. They just cheer who they like and boo who they don't and don't give a fuck if that's not the reaction Vince wants. But maybe It's one of those things where it's a great great crowd to be in but annoying on TV

That said we weren't the first to boo Jason Jordan

Fox318

Vince took a white hot babyface and reduced her to nothing.

The fucks in the back that thought she should lose clean in San Jose should be tarred and feathered.

Probably was fucking Hayes beating the drum with Steph.

The fucks in the back that thought she should lose clean in San Jose should be tarred and feathered.

Bayley needs to take responsibility too. Her promos are super bad.

And the problem is they assumed everyone saw her NXT build.

The crowd, even in Toronto, seems a little confused as to how they should be reacting to Jordan. There hasn't been much story beyond "He's Angle's son". I am confident they can turn Jordan into something but they seem to be playing the long game with this.

He did get more boos a the end and putting him over a Canadian jobber definitely helped with that.

The "Let's go jobber" chant was fantastic.

Steph usually supports who Hunter supports. Doubt she would advocate against Bayley.

Not only that, but Steph is basically not at all involved with creative these days.

Draxal

Bayley needs to take responsibility too. Her promos are super bad.

And the problem is they assumed everyone saw her NXT build.

Ayup, American Alpha was a victim of this. Their builds were entirely in NXT, and thats a problem that they have, and its also going to be an issue with the Hardys as well.

WWE tries to simultaneously act like NXT storylines don't exist by never recapping/talking about them, while also expecting the entire audience to have seen them when they start pushing someone.

Sephzilla

So apparently that Hellblade game has a mechanic that straight up nukes your save file if you die too much, and the game is apparently buggy. Oh boy

Hasney

Depends on how they do the "woke" gimmick tbh. They might handle it better (due to it being TNA and not NXT, but its almost the assumption that we all saw final deletion right now, and the build will be super fast.

I doubt it will be that fast, there's likely still money in even just a Hardy's nostalgia run that there just wasn't when it came to the Dudley's. Plus, the longer it is, the longer it can be until Vince buries what made that gimmick good in a way that even the man with 3 H's would be proud of.

thumbs-up.gif

Anth0ny

I doubt it will be that fast, there's likely still money in even just a Hardy's nostalgia run that there just wasn't when it came to the Dudley's. Plus, the longer it is, the longer it can be until Vince buries what made that gimmick good in a way that even the man with 3 H's would be proud of.

thumbs-up.gif

hurricane could be huge today. dark gritty reboot of hurricane with inception horns as entrance music.

Kurita

Last night in Japan friends.
This has a been a wonderful year. One of my only regrets is not getting a ticket for Wrestle Kingdom. Oh well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Brock aint leaving anytime soon so Joe is gonna eat the pin again isnt he? :/

Braun sure as hell isnt, and Roman is the goldenboy so that leaves Joe :(

I think Brock is leaving, honestly

Depends if he is using his carny skills to get leverage for more money or not.

At this point they should probably tell him to get fucked since his matches are boring and all the same, but then the guy cutting the checks is the guy booking the shit.

I honestly think he is a bigger draw in UFC than he is in the fake fighting world.

Sephzilla

Depends if he is using his carny skills to get leverage for more money or not.

At this point they should probably tell him to get fucked since his matches are boring and all the same, but then the guy cutting the checks is the guy booking the shit.

I honestly think he is a bigger draw in UFC than he is in the fake fighting world.

I think Brock wants one more UFC run, honestly. And it seems like UFC wants him back

so they advertise lesnar for september and put a stipulation that he is leaving if he loses at summerslam?

doesn't that kind ogf give away the finish?

Two possibilities: He was scheduled to be around by then or the UFC threw aa wrench into the plans and they haven't been updated.

My thoughts last night:

I want to believe Brock isnt leaving afTer SummerSlam.

Weeks ago, Rollins comes out. Asks what's next? Suggest Brock. Crowd cheers.

Finn interrupts, says the belt is his to claim.

Big Dawg comes out, says he has a score to settle with Brock.

They then clash into their own storylines to take care of personal business. Hell we haven't seen Finn and Seth have their rematch.

My point is I am surprised Braun, Joe and Roman are ones clashing with Brock and not the aforementioned performers. If this is truly Brock's last match, it would have made more sense, story wise, for fatal four to be Finn, Rollins, Reigns and Brock.

Hex

Banned
So let me tell you about the guy who was dressed as Raven at last night's RAW. He's pretty much the type of fuck who gives Toronto sports fans a bad image.

• - He was more preoccupied with getting his scribbled signs on camera the entire night than he was with watching what was going on.
  • - He was trying to start "Go Leafs Go" chants the entire night.
  • - During the women's match he tried to start a "slut" chant.
  • - He tried to start the fucking wave.
  • - He was sitting on the top of his seat the entire night. I am amazed the guy behind him kept his composure the way he did.
  • - He was drunk out of his fucking mind. At first we thought there might have been something wrong with him. Then I saw him order a beer, pour it into a cup and then proceed to put a straw in it.
  • - Oh yeah. He was drinking beer with a straw.
I'm sure there were a few other things that I don't quite remember but this guy was just terrible. The staff was informed about him and people were constantly calling him on his shit. I'm amazed he didn't get kicked out.

The worst part is that he will probably be in the same seat tomorrow since they sold RAW/Smackdown as an optional package.

Bonus. There was another guy behind me who was drunk out of his mind. He bought a $450 Universal Championship belt. I'm not sure he knew what it was though because he kept saying he bought "the red one like Brock Lesnar has".

Are you sure it wasn't Scotty Riggs? lol

Raw64life

Last night in Japan friends.
This has a been a wonderful year. One of my only regrets is not getting a ticket for Wrestle Kingdom. Oh well.

Extremely jealous. I went to Japan for two weeks last year and I feel like I could fill a year easy with all the shit there is to do there. I already know everything I'm gonna do my next trip and that probably wont be until 2019 at the earliest.

Considering that this Okada reign might go down as the best NJPW title reign in history and one of the best title reigns of any promotion ever, I'm extra happy that I got to see him win the title in person at Dominion last year.

Kurita

Extremely jealous. I went to Japan for two weeks last year and I feel like I could fill a year easy with all the shit there is to do there. I already know everything I'm gonna do my next trip and that probably wont be until 2019 at the earliest.

Considering that this Okada reign might go down as the best NJPW title reign in history and one of the best title reigns of any promotion ever, I'm extra happy that I got to see him win the title in person at Dominion last year.

Well I was mostly spending my time at school since I was here as an exchange student, but yeah, there's way too much stuff to do. I'm a huuuuuuge Japanese music fan so I went to 20 shows.
Aside from that, my university was amazing, I met the most wonderful people (anyone saying that Japanese people are cold/distant never took the time to actually become friends with them imo), fell in love with an incredible girl. Just the best year of my life. No hyperbole.

Top Bottom