• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sephzilla

A7EtD92.png

PRviDhR.png

GWF 7: Twin Beefs
Date: Friday, August 11th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central/12:00AM London
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1502492400z2.png

RhnP1lz.jpg

Diane, 6:00 p.m., August Eleven. Entering the town of Twin Beefs, five miles south of the Canadian border, twelve miles west of the state line. I've never seen so much filth in my life. As S. P. Zilla would say, I'd rather be here than Philadelphia. Fifty four thousand in attendance. Bookerman said lose. If you could get paid that kind of money for being pinned fifty percent of the time, it'd beat jobbing. Diane, there's a champion who's never lost. The man at the truck stop said the challenger was a snitch, remind me to tell you who he snitched on. When I finish there I'll be checking into a smackdown hotel. I'm sure the commissioner will be able to recommend a clean place, reasonably priced. That's what I need, a clean place, reasonably priced.

47zjh3s.png

GWF B+ #1 Contender Hell in a Cell Match
Hex vs klonere vs Excelsiorlef vs giancarlo123x vs serenewarfare vs Anth0ny

aC81Iwt.png

GWF B+ Championship Match
Syder vs RBH [c]

sMOUtQH.png

Singles Match
Tom Nook vs Pikma

3Uk1HTj.png

GWF Tag Team Championship Match - If the Brenemies lose, they must disband
The Brenemies (Browny & Menome) vs The Huggers of Destruction (Zach & Biggest-Geek-Ever) [c]

4ORDnkz.png

GWF World #1 Contender Falls Count Anywhere Match
sf2fanatic vs Heroman

z1z08kL.png

GWF World Championship Main Event Match
Professor Beef vs Beefy [c]

Important Notes:
-- Tall4life and The New Nation of Domination both have championship rematch requests that will be honored in future GWF events. Therefore they bypass #1 contender requirements.
-- Automatic championship rematches will probably become less of a thing going forward (aside from the previous two mentioned rematches). If you want constant rematches go watch Raw.
-- This will be the last GWF card for a while where all three championships will be defended on the same night. This is because future GWF shows will feature smaller cards in hopes to have more frequent shows

11B7a5P.gif

Egg0

Banned
Juice beat Omega :O

EVIL BEAT OKADA :O :O :O

THE GRIND OF THE G1 TOURNAMENT IS TAKING ITS TOLL, FRIENDS!

I've had to stop watching matches with certain wrestlers cu there was so much. I haven't seen a Fale or yoshi-hashi match since the first week or so.

A7EtD92.png

Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1502492400z2.png

RhnP1lz.jpg

Diane, 6:00 p.m., August Eleven. Entering the town of Twin Beefs, five miles south of the Canadian border, twelve miles west of the state line. I've never seen so much filth in my life. As S. P. Zilla would say, I'd rather be here than Philadelphia. Fifty four thousand in attendance. Bookerman said lose. If you could get paid that kind of money for being pinned fifty percent of the time, it'd beat jobbing. Diane, there's a champion who's never lost. The man at the truck stop said the challenger was a snitch, remind me to tell you who he snitched on. When I finish there I'll be checking into a smackdown hotel. I'm sure the commissioner will be able to recommend a clean place, reasonably priced. That's what I need, a clean place, reasonably priced.

Syder vs RBH [c]

Singles Match
Tom Nook vs Pikma

The Brenemies (Browny & Menome) vs The Huggers of Destruction (Zach & Biggest-Geek-Ever) [c]

sf2fanatic vs Heroman

Important Notes:
-- Tall4life and The New Nation of Domination both have championship rematch requests that will be honored in future GWF events. Therefore they bypass #1 contender requirements.
-- Automatic championship rematches will probably become less of a thing going forward (aside from the previous two mentioned rematches). If you want constant rematches go watch Raw.
-- This will be the last GWF card for a while where all three championships will be defended on the same night. This is because future GWF shows will feature smaller cards in hopes to have more frequent shows

11B7a5P.gif

So if they ditched all of the non-licensed music for Progress are they keeping "Keep It 100"?

Kills me because I've been making my way through all of the chapters and the music is so great. Some people have an easier transition than others but yea

Tom Nook

This Friday!

Youtuber will finally get his opportunity.

Syder vs RBH [c]

Sorry RBH, Conor gotta look strong against Floyd.

Singles Match
Tom Nook vs Pikma

1st win!

sf2fanatic vs Heroman

................ Beefy

Mahonay

Banned
So I'm a billion years behind in the G1 Climax and will never catch up. Day 7 was the last thing I saw.

Does anyone have suggestions about what days I should watch?

Kills me because I've been making my way through all of the chapters and the music is so great. Some people have an easier transition than others but yea

The music is what got me into so many wrestlers, especially Sexsmith and Newell. It was hard to NOT love them coming out. It's rough going, but I think by this point I'm vested into enough of the promotion.

Anth0ny

I've had to stop watching matches with certain wrestlers cu there was so much. I haven't seen a Fale or yoshi-hashi match since the first week or so.

I've been watching all of the tournament matches and it's insane. Really trying to be caught up for the last 3 shows so I can wake up at the ass crack of dawn and watch live.

I wonder if New Japan would ever consider lowering it to 2 or 3 shows a week maximum for the G1. The wrestlers would have a lot more rest and it's not like you can't still sell the tournament as this grueling experience where everyone is hurting just because they don't do a show every damn night.

Not to mention just how hard it is to keep up with all this shit as a fan. I feel like I'm about as hardcore as they come and even I'm feeling a bit of fatigue when it's not the S-tier workers out there. It it was only 2 shows a week it would be a lot easier to keep up with as a fan, less pressure, less spoilers, allows time to take in crazy matches... seems like a win win for everyone, but I assume the current format has something to do with the way they book venues?

Sephzilla

Anth0ny straight no selling the GWF card that he's on. What kind of fight promotion is this!?

Sounds like the stuff he's watching has been pretty awesome though

The music is what got me into so many wrestlers, especially Sexsmith and Newell. It was hard to NOT love them coming out. It's rough going, but I think by this point I'm vested into enough of the promotion.
I'm still just at chapter 20 (though I skipped ahead to check out the end of 53 and see what the new music was like when someone mentioned it)

Havoc's new theme is a bummer. I also am not a Hatebreed fan by any means but that shit was perfect for Rampage Jackson (though I don't know if he's still with Progress)

It's like if ECW started dubbing their themes while they were still around lol. Bummer

EDIT: Whoops it's Rampage Brown not Rampage Jackson. Get better names nerds

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
A7EtD92.png

t1502492400z2.png

RhnP1lz.jpg

Syder vs RBH [c]

Singles Match
Tom Nook vs Pikma

sf2fanatic vs Heroman

Important Notes:

11B7a5P.gif

Why are you scared? You have a date with a table, you can't duck your fate forever.

bPKSVVe.png

I'm still just at chapter 20 (though I skipped ahead to check out the end of 53 and see what the new music was like when someone mentioned it)

Havoc's new theme is a bummer. I also am not a Hatebreed fan by any means but that shit was perfect for Rampage Jackson (though I don't know if he's still with Progress)

It's like if ECW started dubbing their themes while they were still around lol. Bummer

Rampage is, but not like he was early on

Twin Beefs is my favorite GFW PPV name I think.

Fact. I may subscribe to the Network just for it

Zach

Well done. I'll maybe update the poster today. xoxo

Mahonay

Banned
Catching up on Smackdown

Cena pointing out the "Baron Corbin is a dumpster fire" sign in the crowd...mmuahhh...magnificent.

Lol also calling him skinny fat? Isn't Cena supposed to be a face?

Mahonay

Banned
Corbin sounds laughably bad on the mic up against Cena.

That Daniel Bryan pop.

Cena vs Corbin and Soomah Slam. zzzzzzzzzz....zzzzz

Jamie OD

So if they ditched all of the non-licensed music for Progress are they keeping "Keep It 100"?

I think they have permission to still use it. But yeah, the switch in music harmed the shows a little for me because I discovered some great tracks through these shows.

Corbin sounds laughably bad on the mic up against Cena.

He is challenged with the same obstacle that Nia Jax is dealing with: playing a character they dont buy into.

Whenever I hear Corbin speak, I hear this guy talking...

I can't reconcile someone who comes off as a dork playing a tough lonewolf capitalist...whatever he's supposed to be.

Top Bottom