• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Hex

Banned
A7EtD92.png

GWF 7: Twin Beefs
Date: Friday, August 11th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central/12:00AM London
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1502492400z2.png

RhnP1lz.jpg

Diane, 6:00 p.m., August Eleven. Entering the town of Twin Beefs, five miles south of the Canadian border, twelve miles west of the state line. I've never seen so much filth in my life. As S. P. Zilla would say, I'd rather be here than Philadelphia. Fifty four thousand in attendance. Bookerman said lose. If you could get paid that kind of money for being pinned fifty percent of the time, it'd beat jobbing. Diane, there's a champion who's never lost. The man at the truck stop said the challenger was a snitch, remind me to tell you who he snitched on. When I finish there I'll be checking into a smackdown hotel. I'm sure the commissioner will be able to recommend a clean place, reasonably priced. That's what I need, a clean place, reasonably priced.

GWF B+ #1 Contender Hell in a Cell Match
Hex vs klonere vs Excelsiorlef vs giancarlo123x vs serenewarfare vs Anth0ny

GWF B+ Championship Match
Syder vs RBH [c]

Singles Match
Tom Nook vs Pikma

GWF Tag Team Championship Match - If the Brenemies lose, they must disband
The Brenemies (Browny & Menome) vs The Huggers of Destruction (Zach & Biggest-Geek-Ever) [c]

GWF World #1 Contender Falls Count Anywhere Match
sf2fanatic vs Heroman

GWF World Championship Main Event Match
Professor Beef vs Beefy [c]

Important Notes:
-- Tall4life and The New Nation of Domination both have championship rematch requests that will be honored in future GWF events. Therefore they bypass #1 contender requirements.
-- Automatic championship rematches will probably become less of a thing going forward (aside from the previous two mentioned rematches). If you want constant rematches go watch Raw.
-- This will be the last GWF card for a while where all three championships will be defended on the same night. This is because future GWF shows will feature smaller cards in hopes to have more frequent shows

11B7a5P.gif

tumblr_ofcub6ozT31sbzhteo1_500.gif

tumblr_od4jtpzXv61vp65vyo1_400.gif

tumblr_oiz27lnzFE1s066k8o1_400.gif

tumblr_o3y7b4MasA1rzkgzto1_500.gif

Are Breezango the next Edge and Christian?

No, the latter two are funny and have an understanding and feeling for what constitutes comedy. WWE writers are not comic writers and could use one or two on staff. I was thinking last night Christian and Edge should be writing the script for these dumb segments.

I don't understand what you guys are reacting to when these segments air. It baffles me a bit.

As in they will be pushed? No

True. WWE ignoring a good thing is something to be expected.

No, the latter two are funny and have an understanding and feeling for what constitutes comedy. WWE writers are not comic writers and could use one or two on staff. I was thinking last night Christian and Edge should be writing the script for these dumb segments.

I don't understand what you guys are reacting to when these segments air. It baffles me a bit.

I guess it's preference. Breezango's shtick reminds me a lot of Edge and Christian. We need to see them in some actual matches that have real stakes. Also, the Smackdown tag division is lacking.

That cheesy Kevin Owens WWE Network plug was pretty hilarious.

That whole segment was brilliant.

Mahonay

Banned

I think they're funnier than Edge and Christian, who were 95 percent fart and dick jokes. Although the Edge and Christian Show was definitely better on a pure comedy level.

That said, never in a million years would Breezango get a big push in current WWE. It comes off as someone's pet project, that they're being allowed leeway on because it's been received well.

I know it's nowhere near comparable to Monsoon's post about Flair/ Rhodes, but I think Cena can still cut a solid promo. When he's against the wrong people (Corbin) it really shows how far above he is on the mic than some people on the roster.

wtf, amazing spot

Not to be that poster but 90% of BOLA is that level of spot fests

Mahonay

Banned
I know it's nowhere near comparable to Monsoon's post about Flair/ Rhodes, but I think Cena can still cut a solid promo. When he's against the wrong people (Corbin) it really shows how far above he is on the mic than some people on the roster.
Most people would agree Cena is great on the mic.

Mahonay

Banned
Lol Naomi's stupid jumping kicks got brief boos from the crowd. They were behind her in general, but they know how awful that shit looks.

A WILD ELLSWORTH APPEARS

Not to be that poster but 90% of BOLA is that level of spot fests

I try to appreciate what Cena brings to the table while we still have him on the air for who knows how much longer. He sounds natural in his delivery but the inflection in his voice grates on me , particularly when he goes into his tough guy Patriot schtick. The biggest takeaway I have with Cena is that his promos seem to go out of their way to remind everyone just how much of a company guy he is and what a shills he is for his own brand.

For example, Last night's promo bothered me because if you go back and listen to it, he gets goofy when summarizing his loss to Nakamura ( 'Ooohhh, I LoST! Hey , all; boy did I lose huh?') but brings back his serious tone when it came to the other aspects of the promo. Guy goes all in when challenging foreigners but gets stupid goofy when admitting defeat to them. That bothers me, rightly or wrongly.

Mahonay

Banned
Well, at least this has been the best Orton vs Jinder match so far. The Toronto crowd is certainly helping significantly.

cordy

Banned
Bayley's issue is that she's not truly being herself. Yeah she's a fangirl but so is most of the roster. The problem is that they made that her gimmick rather than an attribute to her character. You then factor in all that shit she says on the mic then fuck, doesn't work out. She fucked up Monday by not realizing they were booing her for being injured and not because they don't like her. If they hated her they would have been cheering the fact she's hurt. She let it get to her and now she'll continue to fall.

Bayley needs to go heel asap. Idk what a heel Bayley would be but she needs to turn.

Bayley's issue is that she's not truly being herself. Yeah she's a fangirl but so is most of the roster. The problem is that they made that her gimmick rather than an attribute to her character. You then factor in all that shit she says on the mic then fuck, doesn't work out. She fucked up Monday by not realizing they were booing her for being injured and not because they don't like her. If they hated her they would have been cheering the fact she's hurt. She let it get to her and now she'll continue to fall.

Bayley needs to go heel asap. Idk what a heel Bayley would be but she needs to turn.

Good thoughts. I'm not sure about the heel turn myself. I feel if she disappears for awhile to tend to her shoulder, all will be forgotten by the time she arrives.

The worse thing they can do at this point is to continue to acknowledge that awkward moment though.

If the shoulder separation is a work and she comes out to bash Sasha over the head with a Kendo Stick. This will have been all worth it.

AJ had a lost opportunity in his promo last night to negate Kevin Owen's showing AJ smashing Shane's face through a window. All he needed to say was that he and Shane settled their differences in the ring and the rest is now history. He looked like he wasn't prepared for the segment.

Yeah I don't know about you but when someone is trying to talk about their injury my first instinct is to boo them to show support

The crowd is quiet for her talking, she then thanks the fans for their support and says they're the reason she's gonna keep working and come back. Then they boo her. "yeah they're just upset she's injured"

It makes sense to boo if you have a segment where they're relinquishing a title

AJ had a lost opportunity in his promo last night to negate Kevin Owen's showing AJ smashing Shane's face through a window. All he needed to say was that he and Shane settled their differences in the ring and the rest is now history. He looked like he wasn't prepared for the segment.

AJ did seem a bit off.

The lost opportunity of the night goes to Carmella. Why the fuck do you not cash in when the champ is down?

Monster Hunter XX is super fun. It's nice to play a MH game with a good resolution. Might have to get the Japanese version at launch since Capcom might not bring it out in the US.

Top Bottom