• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Zach

RTrZI8m.gif
Oh my god. I remember posting about how hideous this was. Haha...

Egg0

Banned
I love Kitamura's selling of chops. I wonder if he'll retain that when he's no longer a young lion, no selling forearms.

shaowebb

shaowebb said:
BAH GAWD BAH GAWD

TEA MAN

TEA MAN JUST DIPPED HIS TEA BAG AND USED IT AS A WEAPON

AND THEY SAY THEY LEARN HOW TO FALL

oGhhSg3.gif

GOOD GAWD AHMIGHTY STOP DA DAYUM MATCH!

WARSMAN IS DRINKING TEAPACK MANS BRAIN!

WARSMAN IS LITERALLY PAINTING HIMSELF IN THE CRIMSON...er...um...TEA COLORED BLOOD OF TEAMAN!

(Kinnikuman is amazing. It needs JR overselling its craziness. He couldn't handle Warsman though...dude literally just stabbed fuckers and cossack danced.)

somedevil

NXT Brooklyn 3 card:

Roode vs Drew
Asuka vs Ember
Aop vs Sanity
Itami vs Black
Gargano vs Almas

I wonder if Asuka vs Ember main events the show

I just needed one KO line : "yeah, I was afraid you would say something like that (re: Shane not being a typical McMahon) and came prepared in case you did."

Otherwise in what context was Owens going to use a 19 year old clip he had prepared? It was the only call back that didn't make sense to me.

That would be hokey writing even for WWE. Why do you need it so laid out for you?

Given that the story is all their matches have been weird with fuck finishes and Shane is supposed to be the guy that is going to prevent a fuck finish... having a clip of him personally responsible for a huge fuck finish in your back pocket makes sense.

It made a ton of sense. Plus Owens baited him to distance himself from his Dad by bringing up Montreal and SS 97. So Owens would know from there that he could probably control to conversation to give him a chance to run the clip

It made a huge amount of sense on the context of Shane and the question of the likelihood of him being impartial

I liked NXT tonight. Not as much as other recent weeks, but still a good show.

I like the new direction they are taking with Andrade. As much as I love Gargano, I feel like Andrade needs to win at Takeover. He needs to be legitimized and needs his new gimmick to get over.

I feel like Roddy going out of his way to say his beef with Roode is not about the title is so they can give the belt to McIntyre and still do Roode/Strong coming out of it.

NXT Brooklyn 3 card:

Roode vs Drew
Asuka vs Ember
Aop vs Sanity
Itami vs Black
Gargano vs Almas

I feel like it should. It's the match with the most on the line and there's zero doubt it'll be great.

It should especially main event if Ember is winning, but even if Asuka is it still should.

This seems like yet another card that people will act apathetic towards leading up to it, then coming out of it people will rave about it.

Seems to be the norm for Takeovers now.

Thoughts on ZSJ? He looks like a ramen noodle, but I like his style. I've been enjoying him in the G1.
One of the best wrasslemen in the world

Though if his opponent doesn't gel with his style it can look kind of awkward just switching between holds. He's at his best in aggressive matches because the holds/reversals work well with pacing and surprising

Thoughts on ZSJ? He looks like a ramen noodle, but I like his style. I've been enjoying him in the G1.

A guy who matched up against the wrong person can ruin your initial impression. He's a top tier guy

NXT Brooklyn 3 card:

Roode vs Drew
Asuka vs Ember
Aop vs Sanity
Itami vs Black
Gargano vs Almas

Is it me or does this feel kind of un-exciting?

My read on Street Profits is that Montez Ford will probably be something. He's ridiculously athletic, which will help cover flaws while he develops in the ring, and has a charisma about him that will help him. Angelo Dawkins will not. It's like Jordan and Gable all over again. Dawkins has been looking for something for years, and all he's found is a guy that's gonna outshine him.

I think he's great.

But his style is not for everyone.

somedevil

I

I feel like it should. It's the match with the most on the line and there's zero doubt it'll be great.

It should especially main event if Ember is winning, but even if Asuka is it still should.

This seems like yet another card that people will act apathetic towards leading up to it, then coming out of it people will rave about it.

Seems to be the norm for Takeovers now.

I just wonder if Asuka gets called up will be ever get a Kairi Sane vs Asuka match.

Asuka/Ember seems pretty hype for me, their last match was strong stuff.

The main event feels underdeveloped though and I'm not fully on board the Drew train based off what little he's done in NXT so far.

All that aside, I'm sure it will continue the quality streak of takeover.

Sweet, glad to see Sabre get the wrasslegaf seal of approval. He's definitely caught my eye lately. He wrestles such an obvious style, but puts his signature on it and when it works it works.

My only concern is if he isn't frequently winning via submission, he's never gonna look TUFF

I just wonder if Asuka gets called up will be ever get a Kairi Sane vs Asuka match.

Well Kairi will be called up too eventually. It's just a matter of if she does before Asuka retires, as I see her remaining in WWE basically the rest of her career given her feelings on Japan.

It's possible they have Asuka beat Ember, Kairi win the MYC, and do the match in Houston on SS weekend though. Then Kairi wins and Asuka comes up. I just don't know that Kairi, as much as I like her, should be immediately beating Asuka. But Asuka also needs to come up soon. So someone has to. But I think it would be a bad character move for Kairi.

People said the same about Chicago and that turned out to be great. Same with Orlando. Same with San Antonio.

Regardless of build, Takeovers are pretty much great without fail.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea you really can't judge a takeover by it's cover, they always over deliver.

However without The Revival or DIY around someone is going to have to really step it up to fill that gap.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wonder if they'll add a UK title match, obviously Progress has a defense this saturday but Chicago had it added the week before

it already has 5 matches which is the norm for Takeovers

somedevil

I wonder if they'll add a UK title match, obviously Progress has a defense this saturday but Chicago had it added the week before

I don't think so because there is also a title defense in NY.

The card is pretty much full. They still can do Burch vs Oney III but they could save that for NXT taping or during the taping before the show starts to give the match time.

WWE is flying the main UK guys (Dunne, Bate, Wolfgang, Andrews, and Seven) into the US in a few weeks to do something. Meltzer mentioned it last week but he doesn't know what they are being brought in for. So maybe they'll be on the NXT shows after Brooklyn.

Pikma

Banned
Lmao that jobber team who faced Street Profits was baaaaaad

Are they PC guys? Because if so, they better keep them there for 2 or 3 more years.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fuck Ember Moon, she shouldn't be the one to beat Asuka

Agree completely.

I still think she should join the main roster undefeated, she can drop the belt and move up with that unstoppable monster heat.

Of course the main roster will then immediately ruin her, but hey thems the breaks.

Ember Moon should beat Asuka.

Her character work isn't good, but she's over and she can put on the type of match that makes the win believable. Asuka going to the main roster and just dropping the belt immediately defines down the division. Whoever is champ next immediately feels like the most illegitimate and worthless champion in the history of NXT. With Paige it was different because she was forced to surrender the title. Asuka just being too good for everyone in NXT is a terrible message to send about that brand. And no one on the main roster deserves that win so much so that they can't just give it to Ember. They would blow it on the main roster anyways. Her taking the streak out of NXT is a bad idea. Now of course, if Asuka is not coming up anytime soon, sure they can build up another challenger. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

It ends with Ember. Like her or not, she's more over than 90% of the NXT roster, male or female, and can perform to the standard that NXT champions are expected to in the ring. She is not perfect, but she is by no means bad enough to justify torpedoing the whole division by passing on her beating Asuka and having Asuka surrender the title.

The only title Ember is winning is "biggest geek"

Asuka retains, goes up, literally murders the roster and is sent to live the rest of her days in an underwater prison in the middle of the pacific ocean

6 years later, she escapes

Top Bottom